[ROM] [07-02] TripNiCE "The next level" 004B | ICS 4.0.3 | PURE AOSP

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest SirHenry

Mhh, endtime 007 have more reboots and also sod. Will go back now. Can I do something to provide more info about the sod? At work I can connect it to USB for longer time and make a logcat but have no idea for what I have to look...

Guest tentoace

Alright ladies and gents,

To the people who're having problems with GPS, you need to go to location services and check location services. It is the reason your maps/GPS is not working.

For some reason it is turned off automatically. PS, im having massive problems when using music. My battery went from 90 to 60 in one hour only playing music with the screen off except when changing songs. When I'm not listening to music however my battery life is insane. 6 hours with a 2% drop :P

Aside from that one quarrel, i have noticed the speed increasing, although I haven't yet switched to the new firmware. I'll wait for some more recommendations before updating :P

To the people who're having problems with GPS, you need to go to location services and check location services. It is the reason your maps/GPS is not working.

For some reason it is turned off automatically. PS, im having massive problems when using music. My battery went from 90 to 60 in one hour only playing music with the screen off except when changing songs. When I'm not listening to music however my battery life is insane. 6 hours with a 2% drop :P

Aside from that one quarrel, i have noticed the speed increasing, although I haven't yet switched to the new firmware. I'll wait for some more recommendations before updating :P

The location services thing has nothing to do with the phone not getting a GPS lock. That was the first thing I tried after flashing when I noticed GPS didn't work.

Still no lock, and no icon signifying that GPS is looking for a signal.

Also, flashing Trip's kernel on any other ROM breaks GPS, as well. So it looks like it's a problem with the kernel.

Guest yht9425

i have all of the location services check all i get is searching for GPS

Hey Trip,

I completely appreciate all of your hard work and dedication. Definitely impressive. That being said, I'll stick with Virtuous Quattro until your next update. I'd rather not take several steps backwards by losing my flash/torch, GPS, battery life while playing music and solid still-shot camera. I think your previous build had fewer broken parts.

Man! I had such amazingly high hopes based on your progress reports on Twitter. You made it sound like it was nearly perfect! Oh well, I know how hard you work and your dedication and talent will surely pay off soon. Good luck. Cant wait to run your "finished" product. Thanks again!

Guest K1UTCh809

woa my phone just went hard sleep mode i was hittin the power button ,vol - + everything until i took the battt n rebooted again wonder why tho? (dunno if anyone has stared something like that just wondering)

Guest dvandit

woa my phone just went hard sleep mode i was hittin the power button ,vol - + everything until i took the battt n rebooted again wonder why tho? (dunno if anyone has stared something like that just wondering)

i just experienced the same, today. one day use, happened once

do i need to do anything before doing firlmware ?

like CID or something ?

my phone is rooted , backed up, and running this rom right now , everything is smooth and nice

p.s. what differences does firmware will bring to my phone ?

No cid is necessary if you use the firmware from Xda just flash firmware through your bootloader like normal. You may notice some faster data speeds and phone may feel faster but could also just be in my head who knows

Guest AndRoIdX

Hey Trip,

I completely appreciate all of your hard work and dedication. Definitely impressive. That being said, I'll stick with Virtuous Quattro until your next update. I'd rather not take several steps backwards by losing my flash/torch, GPS, battery life while playing music and solid still-shot camera. I think your previous build had fewer broken parts.

Man! I had such amazingly high hopes based on your progress reports on Twitter. You made it sound like it was nearly perfect! Oh well, I know how hard you work and your dedication and talent will surely pay off soon. Good luck. Cant wait to run your "finished" product. Thanks again!

I totally agree with you...at first the rom ran smoothly and i was impressed and then i started doing other things. There i finally figured out what was working, what had been working and what is now not working. But I'm sure Trip gonna make a come back and I'm here all the time supporting him all the way. :D

Guest Moneyslap03

if you want maps to work downlosd google maps 6.1 not the 6.1.1 thatll freeze your phone also has anybody gotten the new google music to open it was not signed properly after downloading from Market

Guest Mulletcutter

Loving the updated rom! Although i do have two questions...

1. Is there anyway i can turn off the screen-off animation? it seems sluggish and is the only thing about the rom that feels slow..

2.is there any way i could add the quicl setting like in Virtuous Quattro? where you can click the settings button in the notification bar and some toggles and brightness settings pop-up?

thanks!

Use spare parts to slow down or speed up & turn off animations

No cid is necessary if you use the firmware from Xda just flash firmware through your bootloader like normal. You may notice some faster data speeds and phone may feel faster but could also just be in my head who knows

It's called "placebo". smile.gif I'm skipping these updates until Camera & BT is working properly. Testing out other ROMs ATM (I know, nobody cares)

Guest eggyenergy666

I installed the firmware pack, but how i get another rom booting? I tried one and it went to trips bootscreen and then to recovery:s do i have to flash his kernal on every other rom?? I also tried to install a few other firmware packs but everytime i still have trips boot, i likebit though, but it wont let me boot into then rom? Everytime it just go back to recovery? Help me please, i'm a little confused and concerned i cant install another rom, i'm a flash junkie so any help from my brothers?

Guest phillthorpe1

Everything worked great here, fast, no FCs. Only problem was the high battery drain. Overnight on idle, 20% down. Otherwise great ROM!

did you rename that bluetooth file, as was needed in the last rom?

I installed the firmware pack, but how i get another rom booting? I tried one and it went to trips bootscreen and then to recovery:s do i have to flash his kernal on every other rom?? I also tried to install a few other firmware packs but everytime i still have trips boot, i likebit though, but it wont let me boot into then rom? Everytime it just go back to recovery? Help me please, i'm a little confused and concerned i cant install another rom, i'm a flash junkie so any help from my brothers?

Take a moment to read a couple of last pages.

The latest firmware package is for ICS ROMs only. If you want to run GB ROMs, you need to flash the previous firmware.

Guest eggyenergy666

Take a moment to read a couple of last pages.

The latest firmware package is for ICS ROMs only. If you want to run GB ROMs, you need to flash the previous firmware.

I did and i mean ics roms bro, you csn tell what i did wrong?

Guest Bathyon

I got some Sleep of Death... But for me it's much smoother then before and no reboots right now except the SOD. Will try now the new kernel let's see...

I also get Sleep of Death. Very annoying when the phone has been dead for hours on my desk and no one has been able to reach me. Unless I try to use the phone there is no way to know if is dead or just screen off.. :(

I did and i mean ics roms bro, you csn tell what i did wrong?

Did you install the latest firmware that Trip made or the regular 3.24 update that is floating around on XDA?

AFAIK the one Trip made only works with his ROMs. The leaked one should work with any ICS ROM (AOSP or Senseless).