[ROM] [07-02] TripNiCE "The next level" 004B | ICS 4.0.3 | PURE AOSP

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest NickClarke40

Yeah try toggle brightness settings a couple of times, worked for me wink.gif

OK can someone explain to me how they are getting On Screen buttons? Because my HArdware buttons are officially inactive, so Its of the utmost importance for me to get these onscreen buttons working please and thank you.

Guest phillthorpe1

before anyone starts hurling abuse at me, I am NOT promoting another rom ok.

I dont understand how that rom of "parotZ" on xda, looks and seems so similar to trips in

nearly every way. But his Facebook and Gmail works , also Camera and stuff work. Why is this?

The only sense on it I can see is when you run the setup.

Trips is a little bit faster, though.

Guest TripNRaVeR

before anyone starts hurling abuse at me, I am NOT promoting another rom ok.

I dont understand how that rom of "parotZ" on xda, looks and seems so similar to trips in

nearly every way. But his Facebook and Gmail works , also Camera and stuff work. Why is this?

The only sense on it I can see is when you run the setup.

Trips is a little bit faster, though.

Because it is a huge 250mb sense rom with a theme and some removed apps.

Guest BummAround

I wouldnt have high hopes...

Somewhat-high hopes then, TRIP.

Mystery resolved.

Edited by BummAround

Guest phillthorpe1

hahaha, pretty close 244mbs!

Yes i knew that.

Did the last version of your rom have the problem with the text in Facebook and gmail?

Also Open office text reader?

Guest DJ t00 1337

Yeah try toggle brightness settings a couple of times, worked for me wink.gif

What exactly do you mean by"Toggle brightness setting" to make my hardware buttons ie home, menu, back, and search work again specifically my menu button and back. PS I have only had this phone for not even 1 month, because I had to do a warranty replacement for my last sensation.

Guest NickClarke40

Trip, sorry for the stupid question but are you talking about developer options in settings 'Force GPU Rendering'? is this not off by default anyway?

If this is a noob question then apologies unsure.gif

• Camera
    fixed photo capture
  • Bluetooth
    -
  • internet pass-through for the USB connection
    not looked at it, no priority
  • deactivated data and it still shows the H sign
    no bug, H is modded into the framework, natively was only 3G
  • MMS. Is this just for TMOUS
    i dont use mms, i dont live in usa so cannot fix something i cannot test or verify
  • graphical tearing in apps, e.g. Facebook (also white text)
    disable hw accel (force) to fix this, offcourse you will receive a laggy phone, no solution
  • Onscreen button error / lockscreen. APK uploaded by nonione
    this doesnt apply to me someone else needs to step up for this
  • netflix app does not run
    -
  • capacitative buttons not lighting up
    never had this anytime

Guest DJ t00 1337

On another not does anyone have any clue as to how I get these on screen buttons to work so my phone is easily usable again. I downloaded the file that that one guy provided a few pages back, but I have no ideal how to get it to work? Do I flash it via CWM? Or do I push it via ADB? OR do i do something else any hep would be appreciated.

Edited by DJ t00 1337

Guest TripNRaVeR

Trip, sorry for the stupid question but are you talking about developer options in settings 'Force GPU Rendering'? is this not off by default anyway?

If this is a noob question then apologies unsure.gif

I meant adding the following line to build.prop

ro.config.disable_hw_accel=true
[/code]

Guest Jiggs82

• Camera
    fixed photo capture
  • Bluetooth
    -
  • internet pass-through for the USB connection
    not looked at it, no priority
  • deactivated data and it still shows the H sign
    no bug, H is modded into the framework, natively was only 3G
  • MMS. Is this just for TMOUS
    i dont use mms, i dont live in usa so cannot fix something i cannot test or verify
  • graphical tearing in apps, e.g. Facebook (also white text)
    disable hw accel (force) to fix this, offcourse you will receive a laggy phone, no solution
  • Onscreen button error / lockscreen. APK uploaded by nonione
    this doesnt apply to me someone else needs to step up for this
  • netflix app does not run
    -
  • capacitative buttons not lighting up
    never had this anytime

Hey Trip, is this for the new update? And i see you posted a kernel in the OP, what do we do with that? Thanks in advance

Guest phillthorpe1

On another not does anyone have any clue as to how I get these on screen buttons to work so my phone is easily usable again. I downloaded the file that that one guy provided a few pages back, but I have no ideal how to get it to work? Do I flash it via CWM? Or do I push it via ADB? OR do i do something else any hep would be appreciated.

Now are you talking about the hardware buttons or the software buttons?

Cant help you either way, just wondering which.

Guest phillthorpe1

Mystery resolved.

you reckon? It didnt solve the mystery for me.

There is no way in the world that the text is like it is because of that reason.

sorry to disagree

Guest Jiggs82

Well ima keep trying to fix and find a solution to get mms working for us TMOUS users , so if anyone is willing to give it a try and help me also with this, it will be gladly appreciated :)

Guest TripNRaVeR

There is no way in the world that the text is like it is because of that reason.

:lol:

LOL it is! Sad that i even need to explain such basic knowledge

If i download the ICS RUU and theme it to match my rom then also everything is working :lol: "no way in the world" :lol:

Guest DJ t00 1337

Well ima keep trying to fix and find a solution to get mms working for us TMOUS users , so if anyone is willing to give it a try and help me also with this, it will be gladly appreciated :)

Im here if u need it

Guest nonione

push it thru adb to /system/framework

Guest NickClarke40

I've only found this by accident, so might have been a fluke, but when I used the power control widget and went thru the brightness settings it affected my hardware buttons lighting up.

Just tried it again, but can't seem to repeat it, so might not work after all, sorry sad.gif

What exactly do you mean by"Toggle brightness setting" to make my hardware buttons ie home, menu, back, and search work again specifically my menu button and back. PS I have only had this phone for not even 1 month, because I had to do a warranty replacement for my last sensation.

Guest Jiggs82

Im here if u need it

Ok cool. I am trying a variety of APN's i found through searching online but so far i am thinking it has to do with the libs or build prop in this rom? Since Trip is not from the states we could help him on this

Edited by Jiggs82

Guest phillthorpe1

:lol:

LOL it is! Sad that i even need to explain such basic knowledge

If i download the ICS RUU and theme it to match my rom then also everything is working :lol: "no way in the world" :lol:

I dont know why your laughing.

So what you are saying is that this rom will NEVER be able to display Facebook, Gmail etc properly? Is that correct?

I've only found this by accident, so might have been a fluke, but when I used the power control widget and went thru the brightness settings it affected my hardware buttons lighting up.

Just tried it again, but can't seem to repeat it, so might not work after all, sorry sad.gif

Oh yes i can confirm that it works . i had it off after messing with brighness ( by disabling automatic brightness ) it turned off. but on the homescreen power menu setting for brightess clicked and its back on . now :) thx for that

Guest Jiggs82

Oh yes i can confirm that it works . i had it off after messing with brighness ( by disabling automatic brightness ) it turned off. but on the homescreen power menu setting for brightess clicked and its back on . now :) thx for that

Yes for some reason in this rom you have to leave Auto Brightness on for the capacitive buttons to stay lit up

Guest JLAVOIE

You do know that in lighted conditions the hardware buttons are turned off by the light sensor and will turn back on automaticly in dark conditions?

Just want to make sure your not confusing a feature as a bug.