[ROM] [07-02] TripNiCE "The next level" 004B | ICS 4.0.3 | PURE AOSP

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest -JuAnItO-

the country, the Sensation or the network?

usa have t-mobile, at&t and others..

bahrain have ..zain, viva and batelco

i'am with viva and my sensation doesn't show me the real name of the network :( ..

Guest leeskywalker

the one that came with your phone

don't fsck with the radios people!

just for your info, because this forum says im a noob does'nt mean i dont know what im doing if you use an unmatched radio/ril your going to have problems hence why im asking what the recommended radio is, also people have updated to the new firmware and theres a new radio to match with that, so as im new to using aosp roms i just wanted to be clear on which radio i should be using

just for your info, because this forum says im a noob does'nt mean i dont know what im doing if you use an unmatched radio/ril your going to have problems hence why im asking what the recommended radio is, also people have updated to the new firmware and theres a new radio to match with that, so as im new to using aosp roms i just wanted to be clear on which radio i should be using

it was just for your info too: don't fsck with the radio.

use the one the phone officially came with.

everything else is leaked.

Edited by 0ice

Guest leeskywalker

it was just for your info too: don't fsck with the radio.

use the one the phone officially came with.

everything else is leaked.

Your wrong dude

Guest leeskywalker

Jesus christ theres something wrong with you people no ones given me advice still no answer to the question if theres a ril in this rom theres a specific radio for it forget i asked and why wouldnt i tell someone there wrong if they are were all here to learn

Guest ChristoIsChristo

Jesus christ theres something wrong with you people no ones given me advice still no answer to the question if theres a ril in this rom theres a specific radio for it forget i asked and why wouldnt i tell someone there wrong if they are were all here to learn

My question is, if you know the answer to something well enough to tell someone they're wrong about it, why are you asking it in the first place? It doesn't take but more than about 10 minutes to flash the ROM and find out if there's a different radio in it, if you're curious. I'd have done it already, but your attitude doesn't exactly make people want to help...

Guest leeskywalker

Flashing a rom does not affect your radio a rom is built with one in mind and if the ril files in the rom dont match with the radio it will have negative affect on signal strength and battery life so thats why i was asking im not the one with the attitude the guy saying dont f with radio is wrong and i mearly pointed that out and he didnt like it so in hind sight i shouldnt have asked a valid question here ill just spend a week trying all the radios and the new firmware,hboot sorry to bother you

Guest subhramani

Flashing a rom does not affect your radio a rom is built with one in mind and if the ril files in the rom dont match with the radio it will have negative affect on signal strength and battery life so thats why i was asking im not the one with the attitude the guy saying dont f with radio is wrong and i mearly pointed that out and he didnt like it so in hind sight i shouldnt have asked a valid question here ill just spend a week trying all the radios and the new firmware,hboot sorry to bother you

Please use punctuation. It took me a lot of effort to actually understand where you started and ended your sentences. No offence. Just saying.

Guest Bathyon

I think Trip said in other roms OP that any radio will match his roms. Just try out which one is best for you. The ril should match all radios I think he said somewhere. I think this applied toTrips MIUI roms, but it might be the way he does it. I, on the other hand, am a noob so don't take my word for it. Can anyone confirm this? (not my noobiness, but the thing about the radio ;) ).

Guest taffypride

Might sound a dumb question, but could the graphics tearing be down to something as simple as the ported Bravia Engine?

Is there an easy way to rip that out and put a different Engine in?

Guest foxracinginc.

first off, this ROM is amazing. i've tried quite a few in the last few weeks but this one is by far the best. it's fast, it's lightweight and it actually feels like an improvement over all those GB/Sense ROMs. i've yet to find a ROM that squeezes more fps in GTA3 out of my sensation - thanks for that Trip!

i did run into a few issues though, so let's see if anyone encountered them as well and maybe even found a solution ;)

1. can't connect to my vpn

i have a vyprvpn account and use their service mainly to aquire a US IP address. i have not been able to connect to any of their servers with ICS - worked like a charm in GB though. i have tried L2TP/IPSec PSK and PPTP but the connection always times out.

2. touchscreen issues?

swiping between my homescreens does work, but not nearly as well as on GB roms. the slower i swipe my finger across the screen the better it works, but fast swipes often fail to reach the next homescreen. i'm also experiencing issues when playing GTA3, for example running on foot doesn't always work - i hold the virtual analog stick in some direction with my left thumb, and press the "run"-button with my right thumb, but instead of making my character run, the game thinks i moved my left thumb, so the analog stick now points to my right thumb... lol, hard to describe this if english isn't your native language :) what i'm trying to say is, the game sometimes fails to recognize a multitouch situation. i'm fully aware that this is probably a bug in the game, i just wasn't able to find anyone else having that particular issue, so i thought i'd mention it :) i should try reproducing this issue on a GB ROM sometime...

everything else has been mentioned before, so no point in me bringing it up again ;)

Guest Vexation

Might sound a dumb question, but could the graphics tearing be down to something as simple as the ported Bravia Engine?

Is there an easy way to rip that out and put a different Engine in?

As far as I know the Bravia engine only applies to picture output, as in, displaying a bit more detail when looking at pictures. It should not be in any shape or form be related to Webview.

Guest Vexation

2. touchscreen issues?

swiping between my homescreens does work, but not nearly as well as on GB roms. the slower i swipe my finger across the screen the better it works, but fast swipes often fail to reach the next homescreen. i'm also experiencing issues when playing GTA3, for example running on foot doesn't always work - i hold the virtual analog stick in some direction with my left thumb, and press the "run"-button with my right thumb, but instead of making my character run, the game thinks i moved my left thumb, so the analog stick now points to my right thumb... lol, hard to describe this if english isn't your native language :) what i'm trying to say is, the game sometimes fails to recognize a multitouch situation. i'm fully aware that this is probably a bug in the game, i just wasn't able to find anyone else having that particular issue, so i thought i'd mention it :) i should try reproducing this issue on a GB ROM sometime...

everything else has been mentioned before, so no point in me bringing it up again ;)

As far as your VPN issue goes, I cannot comment on that.

The touchscreen issue however, I can comment on. Despite you experiencing these issues, I cannot say that either GTA 3 or normal touchscreen functions are happening to me. The slightest flick of the finger gets me to the next homescreen page and in GTA I havn't experienced an issue like that.

You might want to try Superwiping and reflashing and try again. Even though Trips rom wipes a lot, I strongly believe the superwipe helped me get rid of a lot of issues which appeared isolated after flashing.

Guest GrossmeisterB

Hi everyone, I just installed this ROM. It's working great so far and it's super smooth!

I installed "Camera Zoom FX" (bought this some time ago, never used it on any other Sensation-ROM though), and it does NOT FC when taking a picture.

But it seems, that the camera can't write the file to the SD-card?! It does "still" the image and play the sound, but I can't find the pictures anywhere on the SD-card...

When I try to take a new picture, I have to press "back" button first, otherwise the camera-picture will remain black...

I hope this helps to find out what's causing the problem...

Guest eggyenergy666
Hi everyone, I just installed this ROM. It's working great so far and it's super smooth!

I installed "Camera Zoom FX" (bought this some time ago, never used it on any other Sensation-ROM though), and it does NOT FC when taking a picture.

But it seems, that the camera can't write the file to the SD-card?! It does "still" the image and play the sound, but I can't find the pictures anywhere on the SD-card...

When I try to take a new picture, I have to press "back" button first, otherwise the camera-picture will remain black...

I hope this helps to find out what's causing the problem...

He already fixed it bro;)

Guest K1UTCh809

ii noticed something this ROM dosent have more settings in the APN when i went bak to the CM7 datz why we cant download or work the SMS and MMS but then again still like the ROM tho

Guest iamgigglz

He already fixed it bro;)

Yup - downloaded this rom 8 hours ago and my camera is working fine, although the "gallery" button does nothing. The pictures are being saved to SD though :)

<EDIT> Incorrect post! Comment refers to a different rom altogether. Fail.

Edited by iamgigglz

Guest cujoblue

Yup - downloaded this rom 8 hours ago and my camera is working fine, although the "gallery" button does nothing. The pictures are being saved to SD though :)

How is your camera working... mine doesnt save photos so i have to use a camara app from the market which sucks

Guest SlasherX

Please elaborate on how you supposedly got this working? If you're trolling, GTFO, or else, please say how you get things to work, even though I highly doubt it since I didnt see Trip update his release