[ROM] [07-02] TripNiCE "The next level" 004B | ICS 4.0.3 | PURE AOSP

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest ChristoIsChristo

no sir

Ok, you need to get these installed... I can't tell you how off the top of my head, but if you google "adb fastboot windows" or "adb fastboot mac" or "adb fastboot linux" (depending on your computer) there are instructions. Basically, you know you have it correct when you are on the fastboot screen on your phone (white background) and type "fastboot devices" on your computer and it shows a device. If you can boot into your phone all the way, then it's "adb devices" instead.

Guest K1UTCh809

Ok, you need to get these installed... I can't tell you how off the top of my head, but if you google "adb fastboot windows" or "adb fastboot mac" or "adb fastboot linux" (depending on your computer) there are instructions. Basically, you know you have it correct when you are on the fastboot screen on your phone (white background) and type "fastboot devices" on your computer and it shows a device. If you can boot into your phone all the way, then it's "adb devices" instead.

i can get to the booloading part on the white backround but wats wrong here that is locked when i downloaded this when he posted it

Guest Jiggs82

i can get to the booloading part on the white backround but wats wrong here that is locked when i downloaded this when he posted it

Either of the latest firmwares (HTC leaks ics or Trips) will say LOCKED but its ok because your device is still rooted, now the only issue would be if you want to run an adb fastboot command on your computer to flash a spash screen you will need to go back to eng s-off hboot but thats not a major issue for most of us so with that being said your phone is fine and don't pay it to much mind because its a known issue already here and xda.

Edited by Jiggs82

Guest ChristoIsChristo

Yes, the new PC58IMG.zip comes with a locked hboot, which is normal... That doesn't affect S-ON or Recovery, etc.

Without going through all the posts again, which step are you having problems with? You seem to have installed the PC58IMG.zip alright if you had "Revolutionary" but now have "Locked"...

Guest K1UTCh809

Yes, the new PC58IMG.zip comes with a locked hboot, which is normal... That doesn't affect S-ON or Recovery, etc.

Without going through all the posts again, which step are you having problems with? You seem to have installed the PC58IMG.zip alright if you had "Revolutionary" but now have "Locked"...

yes its locked but then again when i was installing it the first time it came out everything ok and booted agian n then came up sayin model ID incorrect thatz wat i am wondering why

Guest ChristoIsChristo

can i just supercid my phone now? ...i have the cid error problem. ....so write the cid to 1111111? will this help me?

If I'm not mistaken, you can't use fastboot commands if you've already upgraded the hboot to Locked (1.20), however you can downgrade just the hboot back to Revolutionary (1.17).

Guest ChristoIsChristo

yes its locked but then again when i was installing it the first time it came out everything ok and booted agian n then came up sayin model ID incorrect thatz wat i am wondering why

So it sounds like both of you are stuck at the same point... You need to downgrade your hboot to 1.17. I won't link to XDA for obvious reasons, but there's a good thread over there with the how-to. Once you've done that, your phone will say "Revolutionary" again, and you can set CID to 11111111.

Guest ugrubni

ok, but we cant downgrade hboot because we cant flash via bootloader, right? ...so i supercid my phone right now, ...it says now supercid 11111111, ..so i am able now to flash again via bootloader. sry for slow answers, my mouse just broke, i navigate with my keys.

Guest ChristoIsChristo

ok, but we cant downgrade hboot because we cant flash via bootloader, right? ...so i supercid my phone right now, ...it says now supercid 11111111, ..so i am able now to flash again via bootloader. sry for slow answers, my mouse just broke, i navigate with my keys.

You guys are cracking me up ;) You can downgrade... There is a modified PC58IMG.zip that *only* contains the 1.17 hboot. It's not a big deal, though, as stated earlier, since (once you have 11111111) it doesn't affect you.

Guest K1UTCh809

You guys are cracking me up ;) You can downgrade... There is a modified PC58IMG.zip that *only* contains the 1.17 hboot. It's not a big deal, though, as stated earlier, since (once you have 11111111) it doesn't affect you.

uh how i am crackin up like foreal bro only thiing i am concerning is why it got locked and gave me that model ID

Guest TripNRaVeR

Beware that the 1.17 bootloader isnt compatible with the upcoming TR003B, so you need to have 1.23. Just leave it, it sucks that fastboot is not working but there is no other option

Guest K1UTCh809

Beware that the 1.17 bootloader isnt compatible with the upcoming TR003B, so you need to have 1.23. Just leave it, it sucks that fastboot is not working but there is no other option

ahh ok so that meanz i still good to go then since its something thats not workingand i was about to superCID too

Edited by K1UTCh809

Guest ChristoIsChristo

Thank for the heads up... Although if you require 11111111 as CID, people might as well go through that process now and get it out of the way so they're ready for your next release :)

Guest Jiggs82

Yes can't wait for the next update:) hopefully its more stable.

Guest TripNRaVeR

I dont require an sim unlocked device, i do require hboot 1.23 because 1.17 doesnt support the new DSP firmware so there is no choice of running the upcoming release. Altough i'm trying to find a workarround for this.

I'll advise everyone to supercid i did also, doesnt hurt and you dont have such problems in future

Guest fireishott

Oh wow i think i ducked up somewhere i did the mistake of flashed before and got the reboot and then model id fail so i am at 1.23 but i had a epic fail on the rest of it. so i did not read again and just went straight to supercid and now i have no clue what it is go figure. so now i am trying to do the downgrade to 1.17 and i am getting the model id fail on that one as well.... phone still workes but now it says

*******LOCKED********

PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-OFF RL

HBOOT-1.23.0000

eMMC-boot

Dec 26 2011, 12:14:25

FASTBOOT (in red)

and the usual ol vol up and down yada yada yada

HELP