[ROM] [07-02] TripNiCE "The next level" 004B | ICS 4.0.3 | PURE AOSP

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest deltoro

Or try using fastboot then you don't need to pack into a zip file ;)

fastboot flash splash1 nameofimg.img

Yeah, I know.... But fastboot flash commands doesn't work on Hboot 1.20/1.23 that comes with the newer firmware packages. :)

Guest PowSniffer0110

How stable is this rom and quick? Im coming from htc based 4.0.3 sensless and its pretty quick and has great battery life. How is the battery on this as well? Gonna try out either way just wanted some opinions real quick

Guest Jiggs82

How stable is this rom and quick? Im coming from htc based 4.0.3 sensless and its pretty quick and has great battery life. How is the battery on this as well? Gonna try out either way just wanted some opinions real quick

Its pretty stable just some lock ups/reboots here and there...battery life is alright depending how you use your phone but if you read a few pages back it will tell you a few ways to have better battery life and stable rom

Guest Denver Pedro

Don't you need to sign the ZIP or something? I tried this approach but when it parses the zip file it just puts me right back to the Bootloader menu... no harm done but I have an image I'd love to make a splash screen.

Thanks

Its not dangerous, no. Its just the splash... But you need to convert the pic to an img format. You can use this tool for example to create an img file from bmp:

http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=938988

Then zip up these two files (I used compression rate 0 but probably not necessary):

Splash1.img (with that exact name, created using aforementioned tool)

android-info.txt (just copy from a PG58IMG.zip you've used earlier)

Name the zip PG58IMG.zip and business as usual. I've uploaded an example to help.... With Aperture science logo ;): PG58IMG.zip

Guest deltoro

Don't you need to sign the ZIP or something? I tried this approach but when it parses the zip file it just puts me right back to the Bootloader menu... no harm done but I have an image I'd love to make a splash screen.

Thanks

Well I know I never signed anything. Just zipped up the files like normal with no compression. You sure you have a proper splash1.img file? Maybe you need to have supercid as well, haven't tried without... I used the android-info.txt that came with mike1986 firmware package on xda, but i see no reason any else won't work. The other option is to downgrade hboot to 1.17 where you can use fastboot flash, but you def need supercid for that...

Guest Denver Pedro

Well I know I never signed anything. Just zipped up the files like normal with no compression. You sure you have a proper splash1.img file? Maybe you need to have supercid as well, haven't tried without... I used the android-info.txt that came with mike1986 firmware package on xda, but i see no reason any else won't work. The other option is to downgrade hboot to 1.17 where you can use fastboot flash, but you def need supercid for that...

Thanks, well not sure how I tell if the IMG is OK or not but I used one of the tools on XDA to generate it. I hadn't done the zip -r0 so I did that to eliminate compression but still no luck.

Thanks for the help though.

-Pete.

Guest RoidDroidVoid
Is anybody else having issues using wifi hotspot? I can see the ssid, but cannot get an ip.

Barnacle tether seems to work around this. Get it from the market.

Guest irishmn69

Is there a trick to getting the wifi tether working on build 2B? Thanks in advance. Would like to not use Barnacle unless its a must.

Edited by irishmn69

Guest phillthorpe1

I use Bootflash pro from the market, you can use any photo from your sd card.

no worries.

I use Bootflash pro from the market, you can use any photo from your sd card.

no worries.

BootFlash Lite currently works on:

HTC Inspire 4G

HTC Desire HD

HTC Vision

HTC ThunderBolt

HTC G2

HTC Desire Z

HTC Droid Incredible

HTC Evo 4G

and more to come!Please do not attempt to use BootFlash Lite on any phone not listed here.

->> it will not support the resulution from sensation?! sry when im wrong

the howto on xda is good to understand... i will take you 10 minutes^^

Guest phillthorpe1

BootFlash Lite currently works on:

HTC Inspire 4G

HTC Desire HD

HTC Vision

HTC ThunderBolt

HTC G2

HTC Desire Z

HTC Droid Incredible

HTC Evo 4G

and more to come!Please do not attempt to use BootFlash Lite on any phone not listed here.

->> it will not support the resulution from sensation?! sry when im wrong

the howto on xda is good to understand... i will take you 10 minutes^^

as i said in the original post I use BootFlash PRO.

It definately works on Sensation. Ive used it several times on different roms, including this one.

You can use any photo from your phone or you can download one from the net.

I use this one,

post-953428-0-97932900-1326579608_thumb.

dont know why its only showing half the pic on here.

Edited by phillthorpe1

Guest vorBeth

It causes System UI to crash. Has anyone been able to update maps successfully?

Yes, you need to delete it, then edit a xml on /data (google for specifics)

Updating Maps does lead to FC's though

I will provide more info soon as I am just about to re-install Trips rom

Decided to do it another way, deleted Maps before I installed the rom, installed from Market without a problem.

Edited by vorBeth

Guest gnapoleon

Anyone has been having loads of issues with wifi? Mine won't usually turn on and when it does, won't stay on but a minute.

20120116-1rpwtwrk49rwx7trurf1fcdscn.jpg

E/WifiStateMachine(  229): Failed to reload STA firmware java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error communicating to native daemon 

W/CommandListener(  119): Failed to retrieve HW addr for wlan0 (No such device)

D/CommandListener(  119): Setting iface cfg

E/WifiStateMachine(  229): Unable to change interface settings: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to communicate with native daemon to interface setcfg - com.android.server.NativeDaemonConnectorException: Cmd {interface setcfg wlan0 0.0.0.0 0 [down]} failed with code 400 : {Failed to set address (No such device)}

D/NetworkManagementService(  229): rsp <213 00:00:00:00:00:00 0.0.0.0 0 [down]>

D/NetworkManagementService(  229): flags <[down]>

I/wpa_supplicant( 2785): rfkill: Cannot open RFKILL control device

E/wpa_supplicant( 2785): Could not read interface wlan0 flags: No such device

E/wpa_supplicant( 2785): WEXT: Could not set interface 'wlan0' UP

E/wpa_supplicant( 2785): wlan0: Failed to initialize driver interface

Guest TripNRaVeR

After starting with 2! complete new device AND vendor tree's for both AOSP and CM9 every compiled build has again the same bluetooth errors :angry:

The worst thing is that the kernel works on the ICS leak so it couldnt really be the kernel :blink:

For now i'm quitting on bluetooth dont know when i'm feeling like try again.