[ROM] [07-02] TripNiCE "The next level" 004B | ICS 4.0.3 | PURE AOSP

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest Kevin0011111

Loving the updated rom! Although i do have two questions...

1. Is there anyway i can turn off the screen-off animation? it seems sluggish and is the only thing about the rom that feels slow..

2.is there any way i could add the quicl setting like in Virtuous Quattro? where you can click the settings button in the notification bar and some toggles and brightness settings pop-up?

thanks!

Guest TripNRaVeR

can anyone tell me if i need the firlmware for this rom, what does it change, how do i do it, how do i know if i need it?

i am new to this, i dont want to break my device another time...

i have usa tmobil htc sensation, rooted and backed up... do i need to do anything else?

please can anyone explain this to me>?

If you are on my previous roms you dont -need- it, if you are on any other ics rom based on the latest leak you must install it.

The most easy way to find out if you need the firmware is when youre hboot is 1.23 or higher, then you must install the firmware untill i release a adapted kernel.

Edited by TripNRaVeR

Guest Dullert

It works super smooth! The only thing i noticed (what is not mentioned on this thread) is that the camera doesnt flash, not on automatic or on modus: on.

Guest liora2k

This is the 3rd time that I flash the rom and chenk the hboot and radio etc ..

Still doesn't working .

If it's works for you please advice what are the steps for using it ?

Thanks !!

Guest OfPrometheus

Everything was running buttery smooth until I had a reboot trying to open up words with friends. I had the gpu rendering checked at that time. after it booted up again I unchecked it to see if that helped, and now words with friends lags a bit, but no reboot or lock up.

Guest SlasherX

maybe its just me but it really isnt all that i terms of speed as I was expecting...used his FW and did the usual installation procedure, nothing wrong there. Ive honestly used senseless roms smoother than this...am I missing something?

Guest Erwin Kroeze

maybe its just me but it really isnt all that i terms of speed as I was expecting...used his FW and did the usual installation procedure, nothing wrong there. Ive honestly used senseless roms smoother than this...am I missing something?

I noticed the same..

Its not as smooth as i thougt.

Guest SlasherX

Would appreciate someone's opinion on the new kernel just released now in terms of sped and performance. Cant test it out myself right now

Edited by SlasherX

after some test with trip´s FW und Trip´s ROM

+ no softreboots

+ stock Browser runs fine with Flash video´s(Other browser works only in windowed mode,switch to fullscreen crash the browser)

+ speed is fine for me(antutu 7006)

- GPS doesn´t work

- Flashlight doesn´t work

- Some problems with entering the pin nr.(but this is with all ics roms)

- BT doesn´t work

But the really big problem that i have is:

Big files(above 200MB)

When i try to copy small files via USB to Phone then it´s ok

but When i try to copy Big files then the Phone crash.

Then I must pull out the battery(sometimes it goes without battery pull then i can reach then powerdown menu)

the same is when i copy Big files over wifi with ES Filesexplorer to my phone

also the same when i try to copy and paste Big files on my Phone

I test the same With 3.24 RUU then trip´s ROM then trip´s Kernel

The same problems

All other things are work fine

Somewhere with the same problem?

Give it a solution for this problem?

And have somewhere a solution for the GPS?

Guest SirHenry

I got some Sleep of Death... But for me it's much smoother then before and no reboots right now except the SOD. Will try now the new kernel let's see...

Guest SirHenry

+ no softreboots

+ stock Browser runs fine with Flash video´s(Other browser works only in windowed mode,switch to fullscreen crash the browser)

- GPS doesn´t work

- BT doesn´t work

Big files(above 200MB)

Then I must pull out the battery(sometimes it goes without battery pull then i can reach then powerdown menu)

The same problems

I have the same issue, but also with copying many small files, about 30-40 Files then it's crash.

+ no softreboots

- GPS doesn´t work

- BT doesn´t work

Big files(above 200MB)

The same problems

for the file copy, a temp solution would be just mount usb from recovery, least you can get your files on the phone

Guest SirHenry

mhh reboots are back when open an email, more stable as before but still there. Maybe that was just random but when I have issues with entering pin number. So after pin is entered the screen goes black when I turn on again I can enter a pin but that is always incorrect, then I see the unlock pattern (don't know how it's called in english) and then the device is unlocked. After that my phone was crashing when I open a mail. But I will keep an eye on it.

mhh reboots are back when open an email, more stable as before but still there. Maybe that was just random but when I have issues with entering pin number. So after pin is entered the screen goes black when I turn on again I can enter a pin but that is always incorrect, then I see the unlock pattern (don't know how it's called in english) and then the device is unlocked. After that my phone was crashing when I open a mail. But I will keep an eye on it.

the same problem i have too with the pin number but without open an email or something

sometimes its ok sometimes i must enter several times the pin nr.

Guest dvandit

If you are on my previous roms you dont -need- it, if you are on any other ics rom based on the latest leak you must install it.

The most easy way to find out if you need the firmware is when youre hboot is 1.23 or higher, then you must install the firmware untill i release a adapted kernel.

i hboot is 1.17.1111

so i dont need to install frimware

i hboot is 1.17.1111

so i dont need to install frimware

For this rom you need new firmware Its really easy to install just follow the instructions. Make sure the firmware has the correct name send the file to your phones sd card. Power phone down remove battery put battery back in hold volume down and power button at same time. You should see your bootloader screen and your phone loading information. It will find the file. Then follow on screen prompts your phone will reboot during installation of firmware. After your finished you have to boot into trips rom or it wont work. So I would say flash trips rom first let it boot loop or whatever its gonna do and just do a battery pull from there and start the firmware update

Guest dvandit

For this rom you need new firmware Its really easy to install just follow the instructions. Make sure the firmware has the correct name send the file to your phones sd card. Power phone down remove battery put battery back in hold volume down and power button at same time. You should see your bootloader screen and your phone loading information. It will find the file. Then follow on screen prompts your phone will reboot during installation of firmware. After your finished you have to boot into trips rom or it wont work. So I would say flash trips rom first let it boot loop or whatever its gonna do and just do a battery pull from there and start the firmware update

do i need to do anything before doing firlmware ?

like CID or something ?

my phone is rooted , backed up, and running this rom right now , everything is smooth and nice

p.s. what differences does firmware will bring to my phone ?