[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips 7 >>> [2.3.5]

Guest raverrr

Guest app10336

Ithought this would be the case :) thanks for the confirmation :)

Happy to help you :)

It's possible to do a "patch" for users without adb on is computer.

Guest raverrr

Happy to help you :)

It's possible to do a "patch" for users without adb on is computer.

i will just do a 7.1. With the stock music player and some other changes.

Guest raverrr

raverrr ur rom is faster and better than others ?? or is some better rom ?

That is defined entirely by your experiance. there is not much performance differance between the ROMs.

Guest irishpancake

Thanks for answering!

Apparently the audio problem, if its the same on the Crescent as on the Blade is that ZTE implemented pre 2.0 API behavoir in a post API 2.0 release. SetMode() shouldn't be used in API 2.0 and above, yet is by ZTE.

Shame that you can't do anything to fix it on a rom level.

I guess this is the price you pay for a cheap phone, hopefully Csip/sipdroid find a workaround similar to on the Blade 1 for the crescent.

Have you tried the native GB SIP client?? Settings/Call settings/.....Internet call settings/Accounts/.......Sip accounts/tap "add account"

Just wondering...

Example here for voipvoip.com

CsipSimple used to work, audio routing wise, on the Blade 1, on Froyo, so long as it was not moved to SD!!

Edited by irishpancake

Guest dodgetimmy

Have you tried the native GB SIP client?? Settings/Call settings/.....Internet call settings/Accounts/.......Sip accounts/tap "add account"

Just wondering...

Example here for voipvoip.com

CsipSimple used to work, audio routing wise, on the Blade 1, on Froyo, so long as it was not moved to SD!!

Yeah the native client works fine, but I need to use over 3g. So far im using fring with no problems. But i love the integration of csip.

I have a issue open with the csip developer, I believe the reason csip works on the blade 1 is because he implemented an automatic workaround. Sadly this work around doesn't work on the crescent. Something funky is going on.

Guest app10336

It's possible to make a patch for "LiveWalpapers*.apk" ? Useless for me but others guys love this s*** ^^

(May missing in changelog too ;-) )

Guest climbingjim

Hi.

I've installed RSL 7 for San Francisco II and it's a great rom, but my GPS doesn't work on Google maps.

When the GPS is switched on it says I'm near the Yorkshire moors, when it's turned off (and the map is just relying on cell-site analysis) it produces the correct location of London.

I've tried re-installing but I still get the same problem. Before I was using a different rom to FNC awhile ago and the GPS worked.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Guest MadEye Moody

Hi.

I've installed RSL 7 for San Francisco II and it's a great rom, but my GPS doesn't work on Google maps.

When the GPS is switched on it says I'm near the Yorkshire moors, when it's turned off (and the map is just relying on cell-site analysis) it produces the correct location of London.

I've tried re-installing but I still get the same problem. Before I was using a different rom to FNC awhile ago and the GPS worked.

Thanks

The same issue happened to me the first couple of times or so. Just leave the map open for a few minutes and it corrects itself.

Guest windy_miller

Hi.

Thanks

I had the same problem. It seemed to be related to having Wi-fi turned on. If I turned wi-fi off, then the GPS corrects itself. Turning it back on puts me in Skipton. It seems this is a common bug related to some GPS tweaks that raverrr has included in FnC (google for "Skipton bug"). I never managed to make it work properly with wi-fi turned on.

I have switched to CM9 now, so am unable to test FnC GPS for the time being.

Guest Titas

Hey guys is there any way to fix lag in opening/closing animations of popup windows?

Spare Parts+ / Window animations / Normal --> Fast

Guest XMasterNinni

Hi raverr/n4y4n!

Everything alright?

Just wanted to ask if I'm allowed to port FnC 7 to the Blade, as you don't support it anymore...

Lots of Blade users will be happy...

Cheers

Guest G Sharir

Hi,

Thanks for the rom and updates they are great - I'm still trying to decide whether this or ics.

Three issues I would like to know it there is a solutiona / could be:

1. Native video calling - i.e. button in dialer like in the samsung galaxy - I read that as to date only the galaxy has this. I do not mean an external app (i.e tango, skype, etcc) but a built in video calling option like I have in preious old sony ericsson w995. Any cahnce of puting the galaxy dialer on our phone ? I heard somewhere that this could maybe only work on GB and not on ICS

http://www.gsmarena.com/showpic.php3?sImg=reviewsimg/samsung-i9100-galaxy-s-ii/review/sshots/gsmarena_013.jpg&idReview=597&idPage=6

2. Is there any way to add additional language (Hebrew) to the Menus. The problem is not the language but the fact that Email, SMS are in enlish format - i.e. from left to right whilst I neeed right to left or else I can't realty sms and Email properly.

3. Is there a known issue with mms messagin since I just can't get an mms sent even after talking to orange IL perator and updating apn's.

Thanks a lot !

Guest raverrr

Hi raverr/n4y4n!

Everything alright?

Just wanted to ask if I'm allowed to port FnC 7 to the Blade, as you don't support it anymore...

Lots of Blade users will be happy...

Cheers

go ahead m8. In exchange could you possibly port a blade ROM to the crescent? I've asked KonstaT if i could port sweedish snow but I'm very busy at the moment. He said yes. If you can don't forget to link and credit him :)

Guest XMasterNinni

Thy!

Well, I could do the basic porting, but fixing errors will be definitely tricky as I don't own a Crescent.

I can post a Link to an Beta Build today, but I'll need a Dev (or a normal user) who's able to fix stuff and who's familiar with logcat...

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Hey, i flashed back to FNC7 after using CM9 for the past month and I'm just wondering if there is an app which will let me use a button combination such as Menu + Vol- to take a screenshot? Also where can i find the theme thread?

Thanks

Guest raverrr

Hey, i flashed back to FNC7 after using CM9 for the past month and I'm just wondering if there is an app which will let me use a button combination such as Menu + Vol- to take a screenshot? Also where can i find the theme thread?

Thanks

Im not sure about the screenshot app.

There is no themes thread yet. i have a few themes i was working on but unfortunately at the moment they are just sitting on my desktop gathering dust.

Frodo made a few themes a while back. look back a few pages in the main crescent forum

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Ah okay, I found the old thread, but they lack a notification power widget!

Any idea on how I could create an ICS styled theme? I'd be happy to try and do it. Also could we use a Theme Chooser apk then install CM themes or is that a stupid idea?

Thanks again

Guest raverrr

Ah okay, I found the old thread, but they lack a notification power widget!

Any idea on how I could create an ICS styled theme? I'd be happy to try and do it. Also could we use a Theme Chooser apk then install CM themes or is that a stupid idea?

Thanks again

Can't use the cm theme chooser unfortunately. If you want to make an ics theme download the one for the blade and swap things around with the current theme making sure the names of the files match. And to get ics settings talk to tillaz he will bbe able to help a he ha done it on the skate. A straight swap might even work for some features.

Guest edimar200

hi... Im geting my osf 2 this 26 of june coz my friend buy it and send ti home here in the philippines. is the bluetooth of Fish'N'Chips RLS7 SF2 is working? the camera? the wifi? this 3 is very important to me.. Pls reply soon.. Btw tnx in advance raverrr