[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips 7 >>> [2.3.5]

Guest raverrr

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

On the last update Raverrr forgot to change the details in the 'About Phone' menu from RSL6 to 7, no biggy.

Guest frankkeane

Anyone up for a bit of testing on RLS8?

I can test RLS8 on T-Mobile Vivacity

Edited by frankkeane

Guest frankkeane

Replace music2.apk in the rom zip with music.apk. from rls6. Found in SYSTEM /APP.then reflash.

I have a problem with the dialler not working with bluetooth enabled; so I will have to replace the music app.

Should music.apk be renamed to music2.apk before replacing in the rom zip?

When I replace this file can I add the com.adobe.flashplayer-1.apk and bbcIplayer.apk to the SYSTEM /APP of the rom zip?

This rom is far better than the stock rom,

One bug: the front camera image is upside down; is there a fix or workaround for this?

Also is there any way to get Skype to enable video calling?

Edited by frankkeane

Guest AmbushReality

Should music.apk be renamed to music2.apk before replacing in the rom zip?

This rom is far better than the stock rom,

One bug: the front camera image is upside down; is there a fix or workaround for this?

Also is there any way to get Skype to enable video calling?

For the upside down camera, there's a fixed version of the OC kernel on here (pinned topic I believe) and no Skype. Ever :)

Guest Dovahpig

Why cant i set .mp3 as a rington with this rom? I've tryed literaly everything and cannot do it :/ with stock rom mp3 as a ringtone works.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Why cant i set .mp3 as a rington with this rom? I've tryed literaly everything and cannot do it :/ with stock rom mp3 as a ringtone works.

Move the mp3 to the 'Ringtone' folder on your SD card then change your ringtone and your song should be in the options, alternatively download something like ES File Manager and when you try to change the ringtone it will give you an option- Android System or ES File Manager, click ES, locate your file and select it.

Guest gormux

Hello,

I just installed the FNC 7 rom, and nearly everything seems ok... Except "install from play.google.com", you know, when you install from the website. Nothing happens when I try this, maybe there is something missing ? Or maybe it is because I connected before using the stock rom, and now it doesn't recognize my phone ? I don't know how this works :)

Anyone has the same problem ?

Guest gormux

Hello,

That's strange, it didn't worked yesterday, I tried every 2 hours or so, and this morning it worked... Everything was fine except that, sync for contacts was ok... Well, it'll remain a mystery :)

Guest Bloodr0se

Is there any way to get bluetooth and the front camera working in this ROM and if not then can anyone recommend a good alternative for the San Francisco II which supports those features and is network unlocked?

Guest Dazzozo

The ROM has nothing to do with the state of the network lock. That is beyond the control of the ROM. You either have a locked or unlocked device, not ROM.

Guest Titas

Bluetooth - From OP "Known bugs:

Bluetooth may not work correctly for some users. Replacing the music app with the stock one in the ROM zip before re-flashing will fix this.

Or you can push it with adb."

Front Camera - working for me - I don't recall others reporting any problem.

Guest Bloodr0se

Thanks, I'll double check regarding the front camera and I'm not entirely sure what adb is but I'll look into it and see if I can push the stock one to it that way. Would I get the stock music app just by opening one of the stock ROM zip files and extracting it from there?

Guest Bloodr0se

The ROM has nothing to do with the state of the network lock. That is beyond the control of the ROM. You either have a locked or unlocked device, not ROM.

Thank you, I ran an unlocking application on it via Windows which did remove the network lock yesterday so can I now assume that the device is network unlocked permanently?

Apologies for sounding slightly clueless, this is my girlfriend's phone which she just bought yesterday and I hadn't previously made any sort of modifications to my own Android phone at all so a lot of this is new to me.

Incidentally, can anybody recommend a good Japanese language pack or keyboard addon for this by the way? Most of the major keyboard apps that I have seen (Swype etc) do not support Japanese.

Edited by Bloodr0se

Guest Bloodr0se

For the upside down camera, there's a fixed version of the OC kernel on here (pinned topic I believe) and no Skype. Ever :)

So Skype doesn't work with this at all then and basically never will?

Because if so, I will probably need to change ROM unfortunately.

Guest Dazzozo

So Skype doesn't work with this at all then and basically never will?

Because if so, I will probably need to change ROM unfortunately.

Skype won't work. On any ROM. It's a device limitation, it's ARMv6.

Thank you, I ran an unlocking application on it via Windows which did remove the network lock yesterday so can I now assume that the device is network unlocked permanently?

Apologies for sounding slightly clueless, this is my girlfriend's phone which she just bought yesterday and I hadn't previously made any sort of modifications to my own Android phone at all so a lot of this is new to me.

Incidentally, can anybody recommend a good Japanese language pack or keyboard addon for this by the way? Most of the major keyboard apps that I have seen (Swype etc) do not support Japanese.

Yes, it's permanently unlocked.

Guest Bloodr0se

Skype won't work. On any ROM. It's a device limitation, it's ARMv6.

Yes, it's permanently unlocked.

Thanks, I've just googled that and I've seen that it seems to be more of an app limitation than a problem with the Android ROM so I will probably just stick with this ROM and push the music app for her. Is it just a case of extracting the music.app and music.odex files from \system\app on the latest SFII update and then using the adb push command and then that's it fixed or will anything else need to be done?

The only other thing that she will need after that is the JP keyboard but Emoji might take care of that anyway.

Thanks again, this is a really helpful forum. :)

Edited by Bloodr0se

Guest dodgetimmy

Front Camera - working for me - I don't recall others reporting any problem.

Front camera works on fnc just not cm.

Edited by dodgetimmy