[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips 7 >>> [2.3.5]

Guest raverrr

Guest r4nd0mh3r02k

I would just like to say a big thankyou to everyone on this :)

I have spent the last week doing my research on debranding the Vivacity, install clockwork, etc etc....

Crapped my pants several times as i have managed to get my phone to not turn on about 5 times :o

couldnt install clockwork via adb or android sdk, so instead used the TPT method 200x40x200 with clockwork which worked flawlessly.

Now i am running F'n'C 7 rls8. Love the fact that you have opened up my phone to a whole world of mods, Thanks everyone for all your efforts and tutorials :) very much appreciated and gotta say this Rom is Sexual :P

I would just like to say a big thankyou to everyone on this :)

I have spent the last week doing my research on debranding the Vivacity, install clockwork, etc etc....

Crapped my pants several times as i have managed to get my phone to not turn on about 5 times :o

couldnt install clockwork via adb or android sdk, so instead used the TPT method 200x40x200 with clockwork which worked flawlessly.

Now i am running F'n'C 7 rls8. Love the fact that you have opened up my phone to a whole world of mods, Thanks everyone for all your efforts and tutorials :) very much appreciated and gotta say this Rom is Sexual :P

Don't you mean rls7?

Guest KEZZY1965

Is it the FNC build that make some of the buttons so difficult to see?

I have a dark dot inside a black circle with white edge for some apps and I am sure it was not like that with the stock ROM. Has anyone noticed it?

Guest windy_miller

Read back through this thread. Their are a few options to fix the upside down camera problem and some of them were not so long ago.....

I think my problem is different though. The camera is fine normally, only in Google Goggles is it upside down.

Does anyone know how i can flash FnC rls5.1 (it is for SF2) on my Telenor Touch Plus a.k.a. Vivacity ? I flashed rom then Vivacity kernel from Cyanogen mod 7 but rom wont boot up it stuck on android logo ....

P.S.Never mind i found a way ...

Edited by dimi89

Right am now fecking fed up of this....

My damn contacts keep reverting to the same as whats on the Sim card..!!! I can edit them and save them within the contacts app. but within a day or two all changes are lost and they revert to what the sim has on them...ALL changes and newly added contacts are lost! Also why can I not creat a new contact on phone only instead of a google sync one!!!???

Guest KEZZY1965

Hi guys,

So still love FnC 7.

A couple of niggles I have:

1) Buttons (radio buttons) are hard to see. Is there some way of changing the theme?

2) I have an application (from another developer) that keeps an eye on the SMS inbox and looks for certain messages from another mobile. Not sure what is happening but since changed to FnC, the app does not pick up on those messages anymore. Format is the same. Works of installed to stock rom android. Just wondering if the FnC is slightly different to stock Android INBOX accessing standard? Or could it be now having the root access in some way?

(25sep2012 Update - turns out it is Pansi SMS causes this problem and likewise Go SMS PRO. Those apps seem to take over total control of the inbox so that other apps cannot access it. Removed Pansi and other app works.)

Would love to see FnC 8 soon. I live in hope...

Well done so far lads.

K

Edited by KEZZY1965

Guest avendaglenda

hi, recently purchased a vivacity, followed the unlock instructions posted here.

After the unlock process the phone was unable to boot into stock rom and reverted back to the clockworkmod screen upon every rebot attempt.

from the sd card after clearing the dalvik(sp?) cache installed the current fisn'n'chips rom which seemed to go smoothly.

anyway.. restarted.. went to the market to download some additional apps but kept getting *low internal memory" message before had the oppertunity to install anything!

just wondering whats be done incorrectly during the installation process if the mem issuie isnt typical of the rom and also how can get clockworkmod back as it only seems possible to get the phone into "ftm" mode via the power off / volume down method.

thnx.

Try to install clockwork mod again with current rom if you can't do it then download stock rom install it via update from sd card and then connect it to pc install drivers and try to install clockwork mod.. I just don't understand how did you managed to delete cwm after installing FnC...

Guest windy_miller

Right am now fecking fed up of this....

My damn contacts keep reverting to the same as whats on the Sim card..!!! I can edit them and save them within the contacts app. but within a day or two all changes are lost and they revert to what the sim has on them...ALL changes and newly added contacts are lost! Also why can I not creat a new contact on phone only instead of a google sync one!!!???

You can add contacts to the phone. When you add a contact, click on "Contact Type" then select "Phone".

BTW, I found the easiest way to make sure my contacts were correct was to log into my gmail account and edit them from there. Then re-sync on your phone.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Is it possible to change the boot animation on FNC? I like to customize my phone a lot and I'm getting bored of the stock FNC one but changing it doesn't seem to work. Any specific methods?

And is there any way to add a reboot menu and screenshot option in the power menu bar?

Edited by CurtisAndroidSF2

Guest AmbushReality
Is it possible to change the boot animation on FNC? I like to customize my phone a lot and I'm getting bored of the stock FNC one but changing it doesn't seem to work. Any specific methods?

And is there any way to add a reboot menu and screenshot option in the power menu bar?

The FnC boot animation is in the /data section

Great ROM which really improves battery life (compared to stock ROM).

raverrr you should post on youtube (+ link here) video with your ROM (especialy power control elements on "slide-informer") or in header to add images to visualise every feature ... this would increase number of Fish'N'Chips users.

+ this ROM solves my problem with connections to WiFi EAP

Edited by Cevas

Guest Michel543

hi, recently purchased a vivacity, followed the unlock instructions posted here.

After the unlock process the phone was unable to boot into stock rom and reverted back to the clockworkmod screen upon every rebot attempt.

from the sd card after clearing the dalvik(sp?) cache installed the current fisn'n'chips rom which seemed to go smoothly.

anyway.. restarted.. went to the market to download some additional apps but kept getting *low internal memory" message before had the oppertunity to install anything!

just wondering whats be done incorrectly during the installation process if the mem issuie isnt typical of the rom and also how can get clockworkmod back as it only seems possible to get the phone into "ftm" mode via the power off / volume down method.

thnx.

exactly to my problem after I installed [ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips 7 >>> [2.3.5] (testing RLS8) I have clockworkmod .. who can help me restore back clockworkmod? ?