[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips 7 >>> [2.3.5]

Guest raverrr

Guest raverrr

Thats my fault, I saw

" THIS ROM IS FOR THE ZTE CRESCENT!!!"

on the first page and assumed it was a continuance with an updated version. Too excited to read it properly. Sure I tried the R1 and got the same error but I will again.

Steve

so you are using a blade? if this is the case only install roms linked on the blade specific thread. neither of the roms on THIS thread will work. if you have any other problems, on your device got to "settings/about phone" and post it to me in a private message. i will provide all the help i can :)

Guest Reider59

No, its the Crescent SF II I have. I saw it was for the Crescent and followed the link to R2, that failed. Now I see its for the Blade, had my blinkers on. I just very carefully downloaded the R1, put it on the MicroSD Card with the SFIIKernel.zip and all is now well! Thanks a lot for the help, even the lock works which is what I wanted. I just have to restore some of my stuff and continue testing it out. Next time I`ll try not to get so excited and miss the title on link pages. Thanks again, all sorted now. Time to play.....

Steve

Edited by Reider59

Guest raverrr

No, its the Crescent SF II I have. I saw it was for the Crescent and followed the link to R2, that failed. Now I see its for the Blade, had my blinkers on. I just very carefully downloaded the R1, put it on the MicroSD Card with the SFIIKernel.zip and all is now well! Thanks a lot for the help, even the lock works which is what I wanted. I just have to restore some of my stuff and continue testing it out. Next time I`ll try not to get so excited and miss the title on link pages. Thanks again, all sorted now. Time to play.....

Steve

your welcome. hope you enjoy :) lots more to come.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Hey raverr, I'm loving the battery life with the Nemus launcher but I'm used to using Launcher Pro, I noticed you made a version for the blade with Launcher Pro, Do you intend to do the same for the Crescent?

Guest n4y4nrules

Hey raverr, I'm loving the battery life with the Nemus launcher but I'm used to using Launcher Pro, I noticed you made a version for the blade with Launcher Pro, Do you intend to do the same for the Crescent?

Forgive me for answering on raverrr's behalf (He's currently preoccupied at a family dinner tonight - FUN) ;)

We will DEFINITELY do a Launcher Pro version for the Crescent.

Personally, I am a huge Launcher Pro fan. Been using and enjoying it for YEARS (takes me back to the days of the T-Mobile Pulse [Huawei U8220] :)

The reason we released the Nemus version initially, was to get a feel for if there was any demand for ZTE Crescent custom ROMS.

Evidently, we have found that there is quite a demand for Crescent ROMs out there and so myself and raverrr shall continue with various other launcher versions AND MUCH MUCH MORE...

Watch this space. :D

Edited by n4y4nrules

Guest Reider59

Only drawback so far is I`m waiting for Modern Combat 3-Fallen Nation to drop in price for 24 hours. I checked and its Crescent compatible but now mine says Blade 2 it says incompatible. I`m hoping that`s just the name change but as its .69p approx in the sale instead of £4.99 I`ll grab it anyway when it happens. It is harder though to check for compatibility when they use the Crescent to show it. Just need to spot it when the 24 hour event happens, all the rest are on offer all weekend.

Steve

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Forgive me for answering on raverrr's behalf (He's currently preoccupied at a family dinner tonight - FUN) ;)

We will DEFINITELY do a Launcher Pro version for the Crescent.

Personally, I am a huge Launcher Pro fan. Been using and enjoying it for YEARS (takes me back to the days of the T-Mobile Pulse [Huawei U8220] :)

The reason we released the Nemus version initially, was to get a feel for if there was any demand for ZTE Crescent custom ROMS.

Evidently, we have found that there is quite a demand for Crescent ROMs out there and so myself and raverrr shall continue with various other launcher versions AND MUCH MUCH MORE...

Watch this space. :D

Great news, I've just stuck LP on this rom and it seems to work OK, I was asked for my google account twice and had a couple of lockups but I'd much prefer to have LP as the default launcher. I also own the Pro Plus version, I assume I'll get all the benefits of this even if your launcher is built-in?

Guest raverrr

Great news, I've just stuck LP on this rom and it seems to work OK, I was asked for my google account twice and had a couple of lockups but I'd much prefer to have LP as the default launcher. I also own the Pro Plus version, I assume I'll get all the benefits of this even if your launcher is built-in?

i'm not sure.... make a nandroid and try it :) would bi nice to know :) that way i can add to the original post wether it works or not. let me know if you do :)

Guest jasonleeds

Firstly like to say "hello" :)

Secondly nice work on the rom, just popped this on my sf2 and its running a dream, no problems found as yet but ill let you know if i find any.

Ive been silently on this forum for a while and had various roms on my blade, and have just upgraded to the SF2 as my blade digitizer has cracked.

Had no problems following your guides, and others. Unlocked to GiffGaff, firstly tried a standard rom, but was unhappy with the performance.

So far loving Fish & Chips, really fast rom it seems.

I tried the launcher pro version you uploaded, but to be honest I prefer GO launcher, just find it simpler and nicer to look at.

Do we know about any overclocking? As im eager to push the cpu to around 1ghz.

Again big thanks to the many people on here working with the wonderful ZTE brand.

and of course raverrr & n4y4nrules for this top rom. rolleyes.gif

ps....HAPPY NEW YEAR cool.giftongue.giflaugh.gif

Edited by jasonleeds

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

I think 1GHz might be too high, the Blade used to safely overclock to 691MHz from 600MHz, by the same ratio we should be able to comfortably get 921.33MHz, not too bad :)

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest jasonleeds

I think 1GHz might be too high, the Blade used to safely overclock to 691MHz from 600MHz, by the same ratio we should be able to comfortably get 921.33MHz, not too bad :)

Seems like a viable number.....keeping my fingers crossed for that overclocking

Guest raverrr

as soon as there is an overclockable kerney around for the San Fran 2 i will add it. there is one already for the TMV but without suupport for front facing camera.and puts out the calibration of the touchscreen on the SanFran2.

Guest toxycbob

Hi new to this and would appreciate a bit of help. I would like to unlock and root a new Vivacity that I bought but when connected to netbook and debugging "checked" the phone just charges and I cant get access to usb menu to do anything. Am I missing something?

Guest raverrr

Hi new to this and would appreciate a bit of help. I would like to unlock and root a new Vivacity that I bought but when connected to netbook and debugging "checked" the phone just charges and I cant get access to usb menu to do anything. Am I missing something?

just follow the step by step in the apropriate post. it's fool proof :)....prety much :)

Hi, thanks for rom. May I please ask two questions:

1. I guess the fm radio does not work on this same as on the flb one right ?

2. I downloaded the nemus one but want to use LP, can I just delete nemuslauncher.apk (from /system/app) and replace it with LP (renamed as launcher.apk) ?

I know there's a LPro one in your first post but I don't want to reload everything again just want to replace the current default nemuslauncher with launcherpro as the default.

thanks.

Guest raverrr

Hi, thanks for rom. May I please ask two questions:

1. I guess the fm radio does not work on this same as on the flb one right ?

2. I downloaded the nemus one but want to use LP, can I just delete nemuslauncher.apk (from /system/app) and replace it with LP (renamed as launcher.apk) ?

I know there's a LPro one in your first post but I don't want to reload everything again just want to replace the current default nemuslauncher with launcherpro as the default.

thanks.

un install the launcher with titanium after installing Lpro. should work fine :)

and the radio issue, yes. will have a look at it :)

Edited by raverrr

un install the launcher with titanium after installing Lpro. should work fine :)

and the radio issue, yes. will have a look at it :)

thanks for the quick reply.

Will there be a Zeam version for Vivacity? I fancy giving it a whirl laugh.gif

Thanks for a great Rom!

Also looking forward to a possible n4y4nrules theme + icons for the Nemus launcher to try, how's that getting on??? tongue.gif

Edited by wazy

Guest raverrr

Will there be a Zeam version for Vivacity? I fancy giving it a whirl laugh.gif

Thanks for a great Rom!

Also looking forward to a possible n4y4nrules theme + icons for the Nemus launcher to try, how's that getting on??? tongue.gif

Just having some new years day lazytime then we will get back on it :) and yes we will be doing all of the above :)

Guest raverrr

Looks like a great ROM!

Any progress getting the radio working? Also, any joy redirecting cache/ to RAM or data/ ?

havent even looked yet dude. getting hassle on the blade side

Guest snowbord

Cool cool.. I may have to give your Blade ROM a spin also. ;)

Loving it esp. the Nemus launcher.. A pull-down power widget control bar would be excellent also. Keep up the great work!

Oh and another thing - I forget the name now but how's about grouping related widgets into one entry, reducing a potentially huge widget list?

Edited by snowbord

Guest raverrr

Cool cool.. I may have to give your Blade ROM a spin also. ;)

Loving it esp. the Nemus launcher.. A pull-down power widget control bar would be excellent also. Keep up the great work!

Oh and another thing - I forget the name now but how's about grouping related widgets into one entry, reducing a potentially huge widget list?

thanks for your comments :)

not sure i follow you on the second bit tho :) care to explain a little further? :) (just woke up, this may make more sense after coffee lol)