[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips 7 >>> [2.3.5]

Guest raverrr

Guest brownian

Stunning ROM. Thank you raverr. My RLS7 shows as RLS6 in the settings->...~details thingy...

original question resolved, where's the delete button on this forum? Also couldn't use buttons (like Modaco log in but signing in on other sites was also prevented) on the RLS7 ROM's browseer...

Edited by brownian

Guest FrankyG

Hi, I've searched for the answer to this but no success - is it possible to have wifi still active even when the phone sleeps?

I've tried a couple of apps but they don't work. I know I can plug the phone in and set it never to sleep, but that's not always convenient.

I'm actually connecting to my laptop using connectify, everytime my phone sleeps then it disconnects from connectify. More annoyingly, when I wake up the phone wifi is still switched on, but it no longer can connect to the internet. I need to switch off wifi and then back on again before it will work. Unfortunately I don't have a regular wireless router or AP to test whether this behaviour is unique to connectify. Anyway, anyone know if it's possible to have wifi not sleep on the phone?

many thanks,

Guest windy_miller

Hi, I've searched for the answer to this but no success - is it possible to have wifi still active even when the phone sleeps?

I've tried a couple of apps but they don't work. I know I can plug the phone in and set it never to sleep, but that's not always convenient.

I'm actually connecting to my laptop using connectify, everytime my phone sleeps then it disconnects from connectify. More annoyingly, when I wake up the phone wifi is still switched on, but it no longer can connect to the internet. I need to switch off wifi and then back on again before it will work. Unfortunately I don't have a regular wireless router or AP to test whether this behaviour is unique to connectify. Anyway, anyone know if it's possible to have wifi not sleep on the phone?

many thanks,

I don't know how to do it in FnC, but in CM9 this is turned on by default and it absolutley canes your battery. It is really not a good idea, unless you have some specific use case that means you absolutley must have your WiFi connected all the time.

Guest BLu3HaZe

I have set WiFi to be off whenever the screen is off and it doesn't have any issue connecting to an AP like my router.

Isn't there an option as Never Sleep in Advanced settings? Been on CM7 R0 for very long

Guest FrankyG

I have set WiFi to be off whenever the screen is off and it doesn't have any issue connecting to an AP like my router.

Isn't there an option as Never Sleep in Advanced settings? Been on CM7 R0 for very long

My bad, I just found the wifi sleep policy setting. I've set that to never and will test it now.

Cheers.

Guest FrankyG

My bad, I just found the wifi sleep policy setting. I've set that to never and will test it now.

Cheers.

Hmmm, didn't work. Set the wifi sleep policy to Never and when the screen turns off the wifi also disconnects.....

Guest BLu3HaZe

Hmmm, didn't work. Set the wifi sleep policy to Never and when the screen turns off the wifi also disconnects.....

Well, that is supposed to never disconnect if it says Never, raverrr?

Sorry I can't help more, on CM

Guest raverrr

Well, that is supposed to never disconnect if it says Never, raverrr?

Sorry I can't help more, on CM

Beats me. Never needed wifi on when phone is sleeping.If any modification i have made is affecting it, i can only think of the deeper sleep build prop tweak.

Try deleting that line maybe?

Guest Dovahpig

hey guys, just wanna say thanks for this great rom. working like a charm on telenor touch plus phone and my battery life is doubled, everything is running faster then the stock rom. thanks

Guest Dovahpig

Download gapps for gb, just extract talk .apk and install it on your phone.

Btw i noticed few bugs.

1. Front camera is upside down

2. There are no live wallpapers?

3. I cant set .mp3 as a ringtone in a file manager