[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips 7 >>> [2.3.5]

Guest raverrr

couple of issues - bluetooth handsfree not working for me either, and the rls2 says rls1 lol, also got the faster batt drain in sleep.

On the positive, the rom is great overall, and I'm loving the new blue theme!!! :)

Thanks again for your efforts!

Guest thefox_

All that needs doing its a simple build prop edit to enable better sleep. I don't know what exactly causes this to happen. it seems to happen with a lot off 2.3 roms

my girlfriend has the same issue... may be someone could give a hint with a right power scheme or already edited build prop

Guest Reider59

Are their likely to be more themes available later? Or can we download some from the net and add them without having to use kitchen or however they get added/cooked? Thanks for any help. Their was a rotating widgets ROM recently too, be cool to see that implemented at some point. I think the Crescent will get more and more popular in time.

I certainly will never regret the hassle and wait I went through to get one in time for Christmas. I`ve had and still have many phones but this one beats the lot hands down, especially considering its my first Android phone. Its very much like having the iphone I always wanted, could never afford but with none of the expense or BS surrounding it. Now I wouldn`t change even if I was offered a cheap iphone, I love this droid. More than anything I love the way it can so quickly be changed and have a totally different look to it yet still allow the use of loads of Apps.

Steve

Edited by Reider59

Guest jasonleeds

More than likely at the weekend when I get chance to spend some time on it. Will also add a power widget for the notification area.

looking forward to this one, the only thing other than overclock that this rom needs in my opinion.

Power widget in the notification bar is super useful.

Had the latest rom running all day and no issues so far. LOVE IT!

Guest raverrr

looking forward to this one, the only thing other than overclock that this rom needs in my opinion.

Power widget in the notification bar is super useful.

Had the latest rom running all day and no issues so far. LOVE IT!

Cool :)

Will add overclock when its available.

Guest raverrr

Are their likely to be more themes available later? Or can we download some from the net and add them without having to use kitchen or however they get added/cooked? Thanks for any help. Their was a rotating widgets ROM recently too, be cool to see that implemented at some point. I think the Crescent will get more and more popular in time.

I certainly will never regret the hassle and wait I went through to get one in time for Christmas. I`ve had and still have many phones but this one beats the lot hands down, especially considering its my first Android phone. Its very much like having the iphone I always wanted, could never afford but with none of the expense or BS surrounding it. Now I wouldn`t change even if I was offered a cheap iphone, I love this droid. More than anything I love the way it can so quickly be changed and have a totally different look to it yet still allow the use of loads of Apps.

Steve

I'm not sure I know what you mean by rotating widgets. themes will be made available. along with themes for the nemus launcher.

Guest n4y4nrules

Steve

Totally agree with you about the iphone BS. :D

Did you mean a SCROLLABLE power widget in the Notification bar when you said 'rotating widgets'?

P.S.

I like your Modaco signature. :)

thanks for the new release :) much appreciated, really enjoying the first release

what is the best way to upgrade to the new release without having to reinstall all the apps I already have? as I partitioned the sd card etc to make more space for apps. thanks!

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

thanks for the new release :) much appreciated, really enjoying the first release

what is the best way to upgrade to the new release without having to reinstall all the apps I already have? as I partitioned the sd card etc to make more space for apps. thanks!

Probably to backup your apps with titanium backup, then install the new rom, then restore the apps.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest Timmy123

i think this may be a bug, but when downloading things onto the phone, the notification bar thing (when expanded) doesnt show text / title of what is being downloaded, only the percentage and the indicator bar. meaning you dont know whats currently downloading if theres more than one.

no biggy, its fine, i dont know if its supposed to be like that but whatever :P

Have been watching & waiting for RLS2 - tbh I haven't been a big fan of theming previously but the blue & black of this ROM is a great look. I thought Fish & Chips might be a bit gimmicky but no - it's clean & efficient! Really liking the circle battery indicator, the fast access to apps via Swipepad & the control / potential battery savings of Droidwall & of course the snappy & innovative Nemus launcher. Oh, almost forgot A2SDGUI (was using Link2SD but it seems I don't need it now). Also Fish & Chips seems to connect to wifi faster & more reliably.

Having upgraded from San Fran 1 I have missed the "buzz" of constant new ROM's etc etc on that forum & it's great to see you guys responding to the need here - feeding us hungry little geeks lol. Big thanks for your efforts & support in answering queries. Really looking forward to future development with the promise of reduced battery drain, power bar widget, TMV update & in due course overclocking. TX!!

Guest windy_miller

i think this may be a bug, but when downloading things onto the phone, the notification bar thing (when expanded) doesnt show text / title of what is being downloaded, only the percentage and the indicator bar. meaning you dont know whats currently downloading if theres more than one.

no biggy, its fine, i dont know if its supposed to be like that but whatever :P

I noticed that too. Also, I don't get any SMS notification sound while the phone is charging.

EDIT: and one other thing, can we get the "Insert Coin" and "New Player" ringtones back please? :D

Edited by windy_miller

Guest raverrr

The text issue in the download tab is another booboo of mine. I usually leave the themes to N4y4nrules to sort out but I gave it a go this time. It is simply a case of accidentally using black text on a black background. Now we have more time to spend on the crescent. You can expect improvement on the themes :).

The silent alerts can be fixed just by setting the default tone manually.

As far as the ringtone selection is concerned please make some suggestions and we will gladly add them.

Thanks for the feedback. It enables us to address these issues and make it better for everyone :)

Guest windy_miller

The text issue in the download tab is another booboo of mine. I usually leave the themes to N4y4nrules to sort out but I gave it a go this time. It is simply a case of accidentally using black text on a black background. Now we have more time to spend on the crescent. You can expect improvement on the themes :).

The silent alerts can be fixed just by setting the default tone manually.

As far as the ringtone selection is concerned please make some suggestions and we will gladly add them.

Thanks for the feedback. It enables us to address these issues and make it better for everyone :)

I have set the default tone. I only get silent alerts when the phone is charging. Once its unplugged I get sounds again.

Guest windy_miller

I have set the default tone. I only get silent alerts when the phone is charging. Once its unplugged I get sounds again.

OK I think I've figured it out. If I send an SMS to myself whilst plugged in, then I get no sound, but if it comes from someone else then I do get sound. If its unplugged then I get sound no matter who the text is from. Weird, but there you go.

Edited by windy_miller

Guest Reider59

Totally agree with you about the iphone BS. :D

Did you mean a SCROLLABLE power widget in the Notification bar when you said 'rotating widgets'?

P.S.

I like your Modaco signature. :)

Thanks, while not being a fount of knowledge and the situation made worse by my meds making me forget stuff I knew I needed a dis-clamour of some sort. I can pass on what I found while doing my unlock and debrand by flashing my ROM. But then this is open to interpretation and errors by someone else. Thats their choice, red pill/blue pill or don`t take any funny coloured pills-make a mistake and it was their choice not mine. I tried a few pills wink.gif and lived by the results.

The rotation was something I saw in someones post about another ROM used on a different phone to the Crescent. I must find the post, already looked but nothing yet. Basically, instead of the slider for the 5 screens of widgets going left/right or even up/down they rotated. Not going from the last screen direct to the first but like a carousel with widgets/icons on, so click one and it opens. If you don`t see one then a circular motion or sideways motion makes the carousel turn to reveal more widgets/icons. I can`t recall if rotation was the only option or it allowed up/down, left/right or rotation depending on what the user chose. I`ll have to look again later for the link.

Steve

Edited by Reider59

Guest jasonleeds

Noticed something today:

Anything in the notifications with black text is not changed and is totally invisible.

Not a major thing, but also along the lines of what "windy_miller" seems to be experiencing when downloading.

On another point, im new to the whole kitchen business cooking roms etc, but what is neeeded exactly to get the overclocking working?

Somebody to rebuild the kernel or to rewrite one? get one from zte?

Im just really wanting to get started on pushing the cpu.

keep it up guys, still the best rom out for our blade 2's

Edited by jasonleeds

Guest Russ_uk

Nice work n4y4nrules & raverrr !

Gonna install RLS2 tomorrow.

Got one question for you (apologies if it's been asked before):

Why/How did you come about the name Fish'n'Chips ? Love good Cod 'n' Chips myself, just wondering why you chose that name for a ROM ?

Keep up the good work :)

Edited by Russ_uk

Guest windy_miller

I just had Kaspersky Anti Virus pop up with this....

File contains virus 'Trojan-SMS.AndroidOS.Jifake.a' and cannot be disinfected

Virus:

Trojan-SMS.AndroidOS.Jifake.a

file:

Fish_and_Chips_SF2_Nemus_3.2clone.zip/data/app/com.googlecode.droidwall.free.apk/classes.dex

After clicking "Skip" the same warning popped up for a few other .apk/.dex files...

Fish_and_Chips_SF2_Nemus_3.2clone.zip/system/app/FmRadio.apk/classes.dex

Fish_and_Chips_SF2_Nemus_3.2clone.zip/system/app/Phone.apk/classes.dex

Fish_and_Chips_SF2_Nemus_3.2clone.zip/system/framework/android.policy.jar/classes.dex

Fish_and_Chips_SF2_RLS1_Zeam.zip/system/app/FmRadio.apk/classes.dex

Fish_and_Chips_SF2_RLS1_Zeam.zip/system/app/Phone.apk/classes.dex

Fish_and_Chips_SF2_RLS1_Zeam.zip/system/framework/android.policy.jar/classes.dex

Looking at the description of the virus, I'm pretty sure it's a false positive, as I can't see the "JimmRussia" app on my phone, you may want to have a quick check though.

http://about-threats.trendmicro.com/Malware.aspx?language=us&name=ANDROIDOS_JIFAKE.E

Edited by windy_miller

Guest raverrr

Nice work n4y4nrules & raverrr !

Gonna install RLS2 tomorrow.

Got one question for you (apologies if it's been asked before):

Why/How did you come about the name Fish'n'Chips ? Love good Cod 'n' Chips myself, just wondering why you chose that name for a ROM ?

Keep up the good work :)

We just wanted to stay with the food theme and appeal to the British flashers :).