[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips 7 >>> [2.3.5]

Guest raverrr

Guest reedo_17

Could anyone please give me some advise?

I bought Vivacity for making soft jelly cases (see video below:)

and now I want to flash some ROMs.

I bought this second hand and it has been rooted and flashed. All things good except it is in Chinese.

Now I have flashed to FishnChips and found that WIFI isn't working, MAC address stays 11:22:33:44:55 so I reverted back to the backed-up ROM. It worked fine again.

I thought it was specific ROM problem, so tried switching to another ROM again, but same issue. Phone doesn't write MAC address and it wouldn't connect to any WIFI spot.

I read about changing MAC address, but my situation is, it does not connect to WIFI except going back to the original ROM.

Appreciated if you guys can tell me it is a common issue and how it can be fixed.

Cheers!

those cases look great

btw what rom was you running in the video?

Guest john.smith

Sorry for bombarding this thread, but I found the solution is brilliantly simple!

Just a few copy and paste did the magic of correcting the MAC address:

I am now a happy Vivacity user! :D

Edited by john.smith

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Just wondering if anyone can give me some instructions on how to fix the upside down front camera on the SF2.

I have no idea how to use adb so it'd be nice for some clear help, and where I can find the correct camera apk etc

Guest john.smith

Check out the overclocking kernel ROM, it has a patch for upside down camera.

Just wondering if anyone can give me some instructions on how to fix the upside down front camera on the SF2.

I have no idea how to use adb so it'd be nice for some clear help, and where I can find the correct camera apk etc

Guest windy_miller

Flash the A2SD scripts, partition your SD card (this will wipe it so back up before hand), then reboot, download A2SDGUI from the play store then go to the dalvik menu and select 'Dalvik Cache on SD-EXT' then Move & Rebuild. Your phone will reboot and then everything is sorted.

The A2SD scripts are already part of FnC, there is no need to install them separately.

Guest UndauntedOlly

Hi all,

I got a bluetooth keyboard to use with my SFII, but it seems that this version doesn't support HID bluetooth devices. I discovered that the ICS CM9 ROM does support it. Does anyone know if it's possible and how to transfer the bluetooth from CM9 into Fish'N'Chips 7?

Thanks

Guest dodgetimmy
Hi all,

I got a bluetooth keyboard to use with my SFII, but it seems that this version doesn't support HID bluetooth devices. I discovered that the ICS CM9 ROM does support it. Does anyone know if it's possible and how to transfer the bluetooth from CM9 into Fish'N'Chips 7?

Thanks

don't see why it wouldn't support it. I guess you are just suffering from same issue documented in this thread regarding Bluetooth. It is broken in this Rom due to the inclusion of the ics music app. Remove that app and replace with the earlier music one found on earlier releases and it should work ok.

The front camera is upside down - any hints how to fix it?

edit : no need to answer hehe - found the answer in this thread already myself ... I do not know why I haven't seen it before.

edit2: seems the solution with uploading camera.apk from the stock rom does not work - the front camera is still upside down while the TMV phone is in its horizontal position.

edit3: the phone module goes crazy while I have both BT and Wi-Fi modules on. (I cannot make any phone connection or when I do , the phone re-dials the same number just after finishing my conversation).

It seems like the problem is with the BT service/module -> the problem disappears just after disabling BT... I need that BT functionality... Any hints? (BT uses all CPU resources, after disabling it - the meter drops to 5%)

edit4: ok got it working smoothly -> those two files cannot be just taken from ANY stock ROM (because there are also odex files in those ROMs so one need to de-odex them) SO ... I just grabbed those 2 files from fibblesan's ROM (http://www.modaco.co...ded-gb-rom-r2a/) and everything is working smoothly.

Edited by Aztexa

Guest r4nd0mh3r02k

Well after a good few weeks of using this rom i have removed it from my phone now, it was perfectly fine for about 3 weeks, i installed about 3 apps and 3 games, angry birds space, sentinel 3, wheres my water, winamp, smstosd, apps2sd. Worked fine like i said for 3 weeks.

The last week or so nothing but problems, phone randomly restarting :( phone randomly turning completely off and not turning back unless i removed the battery and put it back in then holding power button in and plugging in the charger to turn it back on although the battery in most cases was full before the random power off :-/ i was also getting constant signal drop and having to wait ages for it to scan the network and resume service. I reset the phone and carried on using F'n'C but problems persisted :(

Anyway after a week of pure hassle and annoyance i decided to remove the rom and installed iHarrybao rom, which i have to say is alot quicker and seems alot more stable. Plus the bluetooth works straight away and no issues with camera at all using the iHarrybao rom, i really liked the F'n'C rom but now after using this new rom i cant see me going back.

Thanks anyway for what i thought was a brill rom, but now its time to move on lol.

P.S. for those who have issues trying to install clockwork on there Vivacity etc i had to change the TPT on my phone just to install it, following this bit of helpful advice from another modaco user called 'Lohtse'

"Put the image folder for the tpt files on the sd card and then go to about phone then system update and apply...it will then update using the image folder...just make sure you have the rom on the card you wish to flash...and your backup.of apps etc. Tooo"

Hope that helped

Edited by r4nd0mh3r02k

does the RSL7 have a working fm radio or compatible with a 3rd party app (Spirit Radio)?

Yes, the FM radio is working flawlessly (stock app). Spirit Radio isn't working in our phone.

Guest reedo_17

Could anyone please give me some advise?

I bought Vivacity for making soft jelly cases (see video below:)

and now I want to flash some ROMs.

I bought this second hand and it has been rooted and flashed. All things good except it is in Chinese.

Now I have flashed to FishnChips and found that WIFI isn't working, MAC address stays 11:22:33:44:55 so I reverted back to the backed-up ROM. It worked fine again.

I thought it was specific ROM problem, so tried switching to another ROM again, but same issue. Phone doesn't write MAC address and it wouldn't connect to any WIFI spot.

I read about changing MAC address, but my situation is, it does not connect to WIFI except going back to the original ROM.

Appreciated if you guys can tell me it is a common issue and how it can be fixed.

Cheers!

received the blue case for my vivacity on friday its great thanks for making these

Guest dodgetimmy

Just fyi to those with upside down cameras. Asfaik the only problem is the display on the phone itself(e.g.how you see the preview/image). If you take photos or use video recording(at least on mine) the recordings come out the correct orientation and in video calls, I am not upside down.

So I'm guessing it's just a display problem with the camera app and having the opposite orientation settings. You can ignore or just flash an earlier camera.apk or use 3rd party camera app.

• 4 weeks later...

I see that this ROM has A2SD enabled. I've partitioned my SD card with CWM and installed A2SDGUI but the app refuses to activate swap. I have successfully changed the settings to Apps on SD and Zipalign on boot on, also moved the Dalvik cache to SD-ext. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Guest irishpancake

Thanks, I already installed this - it is the A2SDGUI I mentioned in my first post. I think Darktremor A2SD is already enabled in this ROM so I didn't think any additional scripts were needed.

I don't think swap is recommended, memory management should ensure enough ram to run quite a number of apps....

You might just have a look here:

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/wiki/Swap_and_Compcache

but, it should be there if you want it, have you used CWM to set up a swap partition when setting up your ext?