[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips 7 >>> [2.3.5]

Guest raverrr

hi, first of all, thumbs up for this rom. i love the sleek look and the fact that the social networking bloatware has been removed.

i've tried both RLS1 and RLS2 on my TMV and noticed that the FM radio doesn't work in either of them. i went back to stock B12 to test it and it works fine. not sure if it is easily fixable but it won't stop me using the rom :)

Guest raverrr

hi, first of all, thumbs up for this rom. i love the sleek look and the fact that the social networking bloatware has been removed.

i've tried both RLS1 and RLS2 on my TMV and noticed that the FM radio doesn't work in either of them. i went back to stock B12 to test it and it works fine. not sure if it is easily fixable but it won't stop me using the rom :)

Thanks for reporting it :). Will try and fix it for next release.

Just tried that Raverrr and it does not work :(

Also its not a pairing issue, its terrible audio for me, crackles to hell. Yet its fine on a stock rom.

Edited by wazy

Guest raverrr

Just tried that Raverrr and it does not work :(

Also its not a pairing issue, its terrible audio for me, crackles to hell. Yet its fine on a stock rom.

That's strange. The audio hadn't been touched.it is stock lol

That's strange. The audio hadn't been touched.it is stock lol

There are several reports of the exact same problem in the FLB thread, including one from me. I can make and answer calls via my car's Bluetooth, but it's useless, as both parties can only hear pops and crackles, nothing else!

Guest Josef Prusa

There are several reports of the exact same problem in the FLB thread, including one from me. I can make and answer calls via my car's Bluetooth, but it's useless, as both parties can only hear pops and crackles, nothing else!

Same here. Same problem with Fish'N'Chips and FLB ROM. Works OK in Bouncer5's or Seb404's ROM.

Another thanks for fish & chips! My first attemped at a custom rom on my SFII.

I too have no sound (at all) with messages which I have fixed using Handcent SMS, otherwise it is much nicer and slicker than stock :)

Guest Hermione01

Another thanks for fish & chips! My first attemped at a custom rom on my SFII.

I too have no sound (at all) with messages which I have fixed using Handcent SMS, otherwise it is much nicer and slicker than stock :)

when in messages press the menu button and it will give you the option of a notification sound.Hope this helps

Oh, I was setting in the settings-> sound which did not appear to work. Setting it within the message app to something other than default works fine. Thanks, I never thought to try that!

Guest T.E.S. - Com.

Paitiong with blue tooth device is no problem. But sound is any beeps ancd cracks. It worked fine with the default rom.

Please has someone a Sollution ?

Guest yoann54

Hello im new there and from France. We have since one month a new provider "free mobile" and he propose the zte Blade S (crescent) ...so i bought one and its incredible ! but i need root and its quite impossible to root with a simple app like Z4root (or maybe i didn't find the good app?). So now i think i want to try this fish and chips that look awesome. I have just one question with this rom :

the new provider propose customers to connect automatically/switch between their 3G and their wifi spots with eap-sip protocol ...will i lost this function with the fish 'n chips rom ?

thanks all for reading me and excuse me for my mistakes inenglish....

hi yoann54, i can recall a similar question (but can't remember where), i think the answer was no. you would lose this ability (unless they make it as an app which you can reinstall). someone can confirm.

try installing the zte tpt app or download the tpt's directly (there are links in the crescent forum). all you have to do is use the phone system's update menu for installing the tpt and on reboot you can select the zip file of the rom you want to install.

Guest yoann54

Thank u micky... i have already installed clockworkrecovery mode.... so i made a backup of my rom.

If i try the fish'n chips i'll be able by restore (in cwm) to come back to my original rom ?

maybe there is a way to swtich between roms ?

Edited by yoann54

sorry can't comment how well the backup works i've only ever used the stock image.bin file for my file as a recovery procedure. i'm still fairly new to all this, something i should try. i was hoping to get a new version of the rom soon :-D

switching rom's at boot time is a good question as in theory 2 images could fit on the internal rom as long as all apps were installed on the SD card. i'll let the experts answer this one properly though :)

Guest raverrr

Thank u micky... i have already installed clockworkrecovery mode.... so i made a backup of my rom.

If i try the fish'n chips i'll be able by restore (in cwm) to come back to my original rom ?

maybe there is a way to swtich between roms ?

If you have a backup of you're original ROM you can just revert back to it at any time using the restore option in clockworkmod.I do it all the time as I use several roms with several different app sets.for instance, the ROM I have just restored has all of my favourite games in it

:)

Guest Josef Prusa

If you have a backup of you're original ROM you can just revert back to it at any time using the restore option in clockworkmod.I do it all the time as I use several roms with several different app sets.for instance, the ROM I have just restored has all of my favourite games in it

:)

Sorry for off-topic here. Raverrr, could you include the SIM Toolkit in the next Fish'N'Chips for Crescent? The Blade version does have it and I had to switch to Sebastian404's ROM to have access to my bank account on Crescent....

Thanks

Josef

Guest raverrr

Sorry for off-topic here. Raverrr, could you include the SIM Toolkit in the next Fish'N'Chips for Crescent? The Blade version does have it and I had to switch to Sebastian404's ROM to have access to my bank account on Crescent....

Thanks

Josef

One step ahead of you. Already added. Having some trouble with it at the moment tho.

Guest yoann54

Ok Raverrr thanks. Im impatient to try this rom she looks really better than one of our french provider (except eap-sip but when i will need it i will switch to the other or maybe there will be an application for that later). A last question what is the latest version that i can use on my blade S (crescent) ? the 3.2 (which has a link on this page ) ?

Edited by yoann54

Guest Josef Prusa

One step ahead of you. Already added. Having some trouble with it at the moment tho.

Oh, I knew You were great! Now if only the Bluetooth worked fine I could use Fish'N'Chips again....

Josef

Guest raverrr

Oh, I knew You were great! Now if only the Bluetooth worked fine I could use Fish'N'Chips again....

Josef

Bluetooth should be fixed in next release. I'm using a different stock ROM to build on. The same one Seb404 used.