Bluetooth Remote Control

Guest WillDroid

Guest WillDroid

Hi all!

I have just got a new dock for my Advent Vega tablet, so it is now nicely set up alongside my TV. I really wanted to be able to control it from one of my Android phones (I have the Blade1 OLED and my new shiny OMC). I have found a couple of applications, one is the android-bluetooth-touchpad app (clicky) and the other is available in the Market called BlueputDroid (also clicky).

Both of these were very temperamental with the Blade, but both work pretty much flawlessly with my OMC.

I was just wanting to both let people know about these two apps and also request if anybody knows of any others that have the same function (turning the Android device itself into a Bluetooth HID) but have multimedia controls, as controlling music on my Vega from my phone at parties would be ideal.

Thanks

Will

EDIT: Wrong forum, damn you tabbed browsing! Still applies regardless as the hardware is pretty much identical! :D

Edited by WillDroid

Guest jwhitham

Where did you get your dock from? I see on the PC World website it's been reduced to 19.99 but seems to be out of stock in all the stores around me.

Niether seem to work on my SFII. Bluetooth touchpad says error can't connect and BlueputDroid says it doesn't like my Bluetooth stack (I have stock ROM).

Edited by jwhitham

Guest WillDroid

Everybody's friend 'the Fat Man in Red' managed to squeeze one down the chimney for me ;)

They only had one near me about 5 miles away so the stock is very limited. I'm presuming it was collected from there :)

Oh and yep, you need CyanogenMod, sorry! Forgot it wasn't on the crescent yet :(

Will