Smartshare cant stream from the phone?

Guest ruggs1234

Guest ruggs1234

Had my Optimus 2X for a few days and its updated to Gingerbread.

Using the LG DLNA app Smartshare I cant stream videos from the phone. You select where you want to stream "from" and "to. When selecting "from" I cant use the phone as my media library, the option to use the phone isnt there!

Ive used Skifta on the phone which works fine (I can select the phone as my media source) but I would prefer to use the Smartshare app instead.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Guest Marsou77

Try this :

+Go where your video is

+Select "Send" (or something like this)

+Select "Smartshare"

+Choose the target and enjoy!

[i'm french, sorry if terms that I have used was wrong!]

Guest everett_psycho

I can't remember the exact location but somewhere in settings (I think it might be under wifi networks) there is an option for smartshare you need turned on. Sorry I'm not much more usebut I use cm now so can't check exactly

Sent from my Optimus 2X using Tapatalk

Guest ruggs1234

Try this :

+Go where your video is

+Select "Smartshare"

Thankyou for this idea. Unfortunatly, when I do this Smartshare is not in the list of apps I can send the video to. (But Skifta Is!!!)

Guest ruggs1234

I can't remember the exact location but somewhere in settings (I think it might be under wifi networks) there is an option for smartshare you need turned on. Sorry I'm not much more usebut I use cm now so can't check exactly

Sent from my Optimus 2X using Tapatalk

Thankyou for your suggestion. Im wondering if i've accidentally chosen not to share anything in a menu somewhere..which is why the phone isnt appearing as a media source in Smartshare. There doesn't appear to be any settings to alter in Smartshare...and i've checked everywhere else, including wifi settings.

The frustrating thing is, i'm sure it DID see the phone when I tried the app a couple of days ago...or am I cracking up?

Edited by ruggs1234

Guest ruggs1234

I have found a settings menu within Smartshare, on the second Smartshare splash screen. You can make the device discoverable by other devices...but there is still no option within Smartshare to use the phone itself as your media library.

Can someone with this phone (im on stock Gingerbread) please start Smartshare and see if you have an option to use the phone itself as your media library (switch your wifi on, start Smartshare, press the "from" option and see if the phone itself is offered as an option to select as your library). It might help put me out of my misery!

Again, many thanks in advance.

Edited by ruggs1234

Guest ruggs1234

No, I have tried that many times but had no luck. You say skifta is good to go?

I have tried every market app and did not find something stable to use.

Thankyou for trying that for me. Sadly, I dont see much point to Smartshare if you cant stream from the phone.

Skifta works for me and seems stable (remember, im on stock Gingerbread) as does Imediashare. Both are free or have free versions.

I prefer Imediashare because you can skip forwards or backwards with the video file you're streaming, but Skifta is a little easier to use.

Again, thankyou for testing that for me.

Guest ruggs1234

Try this :

+Go where your video is

+Select "Smartshare"

Ive worked it out with the help of this poster!

In case anyone else was wondering you start with the "Gallery", press and hold the video you want to send through Smartshare and chose to "send" it to Smartshare. As the poster says you then choose your target and you're away!.

The key is to start with the "Gallery" and not a file manager. Its a clumsy solution from LG (why dont they just make the phone a library source like all the other apps do!) but it works.

Thankyou to the Marsou77 (and a thread on an LG website forum!)

Edited by ruggs1234