Kernel 2.6.32.9

Guest vamshistunner

Happy New Year to all, I have the same problem as others in the lock screen does not respond well, and provided with cm7_2.3.7_Racer_full-257 and does not help me. which use is ICSv5-MOD-ROM_2.3.7_based_on-224 sensitivity is perfect.

The solution I found is to use go locker.. with the emergency release function that brings, which is to hold down the volume button to unlock it. Until they fix the problem.

thanks for the kernal is great..laugh.gif

For the rest works great, thanks for the inputbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by sack3

Guest vamshistunner

i have disabled lockscreen as i got exchange synchd and it requires me to enter a security pin everytime the screen gets locked which is kinda irritating..so when i wake the phone, i gotta give some sort of touch input for like 5 secs before the phone becomes responsive..can this be checked vamshistunner? not that it is super important, but at times when you gotta use the phone quickly to access something, it causes unecessary delay..

yes, i never thought lockscreen will messup like this while actual work is inside. :D I need to figure out what causes that issue. I'll check it out soon.

Guest Rahulj85

yes, i never thought lockscreen will messup like this while actual work is inside. :D I need to figure out what causes that issue. I'll check it out soon.

Awesome..you the man..!

Guest Racerboy

easiest way to solve the lock screen issue from sleep is to wake phone with which ever button (power or end call hard key) then once phone is awake press the MENU soft key once or twice until it vibrates and then use the unlock screen........

EDIT: also thx for re-enabling the LED notifications when phone is asleep (without the need for other apps or stock settings)

Edited by Racerboy

Guest vamshistunner

easiest way to solve the lock screen issue from sleep is to wake phone with which ever button (power or end call hard key) then once phone is awake press the MENU soft key once or twice until it vibrates and then use the unlock screen........

EDIT: also thx for re-enabling the LED notifications when phone is asleep (without the need for other apps or stock settings)

May be you need to adjust with some tricks to unlock the screen like you said until i solve the issue. :D

I have not enabled anything Led related and its the same as my older kernel( for good battery ), dont know how you got it fixed. Maybe you have changed settings in led notification :P

Guest Racerboy

May be you need to adjust with some tricks to unlock the screen like you said until i solve the issue. :D

I have not enabled anything Led related and its the same as my older kernel( for good battery ), dont know how you got it fixed. Maybe you have changed settings in led notification :P

oh strange........no changes i`ve made, just received a text and was still blinking (let it run for 5 mins whilst asleep) when asleep which i prefer as then you know you have a msg or missed call, the LED notification stock settings are all default and not set :blink: for any categories.............the kernel is excellent !!!

Guest plegdroid

I've got unlock set from menu key with no problems :) one touch and it's open.

set lense as style and set menu to unlock.

Edited by plegdroid

Guest shharisree

this kernel is another milestone 4 racer... :)...really nice sensitivity when used with racerboy's 224 :D..

no lockscreen issues 4 me in 224..(initially i had one ) :)

Edited by shharisree

hello all, the lock screen only works well when the phone is charging with the wall chargerhuh.gif .... The rest all goes wellbiggrin.gifsmile.gif

Edited by sack3

Guest vamshistunner

Yeah, i've checked already and as i said before it is something power related. I guess no third party app will solve the issue temporarily. So need to be fixed at kernel.

Edited by vamshistunner

Guest plegdroid

this kernel is another milestone 4 racer... :)...really nice sensitivity when used with racerboy's 224 :D..

+1:)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest shharisree

lol..ive fooled my friends that my phone havin xtra security ...when they try to unlock ,nothing happens and screen turns off...and makin them think that only i can unlock it.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest mladenovic73

lol..ive fooled my friends that my phone havin xtra security ...when they try to unlock ,nothing happens and screen turns off...and makin them think that only i can unlock it.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Guest anil_go

a strange thing i found to this lockscreen problem, locksreen becomes resposive by pressing home button and unlocks as usual by sliding,i am using racerboy's 210 rom with this kernel.do anyone found this thing :unsure:

I have debugged and figured it out what is causing that issue( ts_suspend). I will soon look into it. :)

Cool. The sound is very good in your kernel ;) Waiting for the fix :D

Guest Archer_cn

I flashed Racerboy's 257 v2 with this kernel.

Personally,

1.I prefer the original sound effect in stock roms than this one, the sound is more "real" and stereo in stock rom.

2. USB tethering not stable, automatically loss connection couple of times in 2 hours( use usb1.1 , but official 2.2.2 never has this problem);

3. the sensitivity is still a little too sensitive for me.

so now I flash back to Brasil 2.2.2.

anyway, the kernel is a masterpiece for Racer.smile.gif

Guest vamshistunner

I flashed Racerboy's 257 v2 with this kernel.

Personally,

1.I prefer the original sound effect in stock roms than this one, the sound is more "real" and stereo in stock rom.

2. USB tethering not stable, automatically loss connection couple of times in 2 hours( use usb1.1 , but official 2.2.2 never has this problem);

3. the sensitivity is still a little too sensitive for me.

so now I flash back to Brasil 2.2.2.

anyway, the kernel is a masterpiece for Racer.smile.gif

1. I have not changed anything audio related. It can be fixed at ROM.

2. I don't use tethering, so i don't know the issue.

3. Everyone may or may not have the same sensitivity.

Stock ROMS is calibrated at ROM using TSLIB. I have done is at kernel level.

Anyway I don't need to convince everyone. :D

Edited by vamshistunner

Guest plegdroid

I have debugged and figured it out what is causing that issue( ts_suspend). I will soon look into it. :)

morning, don't know if this is relevant or related, but after reading your post, checked bbs, and is showing a degree of suspend activity, more than would be expected with #224 (racerboy), got that smothered with various means to minimum. kernel wakelock is showing event 2 "406"? may be nothing to do with the kernel, "the suspend activity" and may be an apk update from yesterday . the only other stat found was usb activity, but took that as was time spent on the charger :)

post-910238-13256734024_thumb.png

post-910238-132567344726_thumb.png

Guest vamshistunner

morning, don't know if this is relevant or related, but after reading your post, checked bbs, and is showing a degree of suspend activity, more than would be expected with #224 (racerboy), got that smothered with various means to minimum. kernel wakelock is showing event 2 "406"? may be nothing to do with the kernel, "the suspend activity" and may be an apk update from yesterday . the only other stat found was usb activity, but took that as was time spent on the charger :)

No. Its not the problem with apk's. It is with kernel having issue at wakeup and suspend.

Read InputManager throws null pointer exception, while at lock screen in logcat, so ts is not waking up and cant send values.

Thats the reason it cant read calibrated values sometimes and touches being misread.

I'll fix it today or tomorrow.

Guest plegdroid

No. Its not the problem with apk's. It is with kernel having issue at wakeup and suspend.

Read InputManager throws null pointer exception, while at lock screen in logcat, so ts is not waking up and cant send values.

Thats the reason it cant read calibrated values sometimes and touches being misread.

I'll fix it today or tomorrow.

thank you, so I can leave the updated apk alone :D