Kernel 2.6.32.9

Guest vamshistunner

Guest Rahulj85

@ vamshi, even though the sensitivity is great on the kernel, it may have become a little too much. maybe its with my racer, but it becomes difficult while scrolling between menus and even typing sometimes..thankfully there are no ghost clicks now though..if more people are experiencing this then is it possible for you to check the sensitivity values in the kernel??..i think it may just need a slight decrease, but i am no expert on this..:-)

Guest vamshistunner

It depends on how you fling. I've already stated on first post that sensitivity and calibration are directly related according to what i did. I Guess i have balanced enough. If you expect to decrease the sensitivity values then you should also expect ghost touches. :P It also depends on pressure you put while you fling, ours is resistive screen so contact area must be small. I hope you can understand. :)

I have put enough time to make it go till there. So now it is time for 2.6.35 :)

Edited by vamshistunner

Guest Rahulj85

It depends on how you fling. I've already stated on first post that sensitivity and calibration are directly related according to what i did. I Guess i have balanced enough. If you expect to decrease the sensitivity values then you should also expect ghost touches. :P It also depends on pressure you put while you fling, ours is resistive screen so contact area must be small. I hope you can understand. :)

I have put enough time to make it go till there. So now it is time for 2.6.35 :)

oh ok..that makes sense..maybe we will simply have to adjust to the touch response now..i am getting use to the lovely soft touch experience, but still thought to bring this up once..thanks anyways..:-)

Guest vamshistunner

Speaking of which, did you see this? ;)

The reason i am back of 2.6.35 is that it has got all the drivers working for racer except wifi :P. But its working fine. The main problem for our racer is there are no new proprietary libs which supports newer kernels..

Edited by vamshistunner

Guest plegdroid

oh ok..that makes sense..maybe we will simply have to adjust to the touch response now..i am getting use to the lovely soft touch experience, but still thought to bring this up once..thanks anyways..:-)

it's really tender, think we've been used to having to really nail the screen to input anything, but this is way better and more akin to how it should feel, feels like a high end phone now. :)

Guest SoftStoner
The reason i am back of 2.6.35 is that it has got all the drivers working for racer except wifi :P. But its working fine. The main problem for our racer is there are no new proprietary libs which supports newer kernels..

Bummer. :( Well, it will still be better than 2.6.32.9, though... I'd love to take a look at your .config, maybe something could be optimised (it's a single CPU, so disabling all SMP cruft and enabling CONFIG_TINY_RCU would be a performance win, and I don't know if cgroups are used for anything in Android). Also, have you tried enabling zram/compcache? It didn't work last time I tried (I know it does work on the ZTE Blade, with Linux 2.6.35.7).

Guest vamshistunner

Bummer. :( Well, it will still be better than 2.6.32.9, though... I'd love to take a look at your .config, maybe something could be optimised (it's a single CPU, so disabling all SMP cruft and enabling CONFIG_TINY_RCU would be a performance win, and I don't know if cgroups are used for anything in Android). Also, have you tried enabling zram/compcache? It didn't work last time I tried (I know it does work on the ZTE Blade, with Linux 2.6.35.7).

If you have my kernel#38 pull from it. Tiny rcu, zram can be put in .35.

Guest Kylexx

Vamshi, first thanks for the kernel.

But I'm having problems with keys Home - Menu - Return , work with difficulties, sometimes you have to press several times to work.

I tested with the roms racerboy # 257v2, # 257, #251 and #248 and the problem persists.

Edited by Kylexx

Guest vamshistunner

Vamshi, first thanks for the kernel.

But I'm having problems with keys Home - Menu - Return , work with difficulties, sometimes you have to press several times to work.

I tested with the roms racerboy # 257v2, # 257, #251 and #248 and the problem persists.

Just press on the name/symbols or bit above it not too near to screen. It is working fine.

Guest Racerboy

@Kylexx i assume your using the #68 version of kernel on 1st post of this thread? touch_to_key is present in my roms, which give the haptic feedback and home.menu,back functions.........if your still having problems try a full clean wipe and install the rom again then the kernel #68

Guest vamshistunner

hi! and can make the kernel under gen2?

If there are more no.of users who need it for Gen2, then i can look at it.

I am not aware of base address for gen2. So let me know about it.

Edited by vamshistunner

Guest equiliym

ok im just cursed, whatever kernel i use on my custom roms screenshot doesnt work xD but i can say i tried your kernel and im basing my new rom for serbian community on it, works like a charm :P

Guest SoftStoner
ok im just cursed, whatever kernel i use on my custom roms screenshot doesnt work xD but i can say i tried your kernel and im basing my new rom for serbian community on it, works like a charm :P

Well, mostly... Not being able to fully disable haptic feedback is a pet-peeve of mine... Not a killer, though. :P

Guest equiliym

Well, mostly... Not being able to fully disable haptic feedback is a pet-peeve of mine... Not a killer, though. :P

well, thats not really a kernel issue afaik, kernel uses touch_to_key for softkeys and that binary is compiled with enabled haptic.. and we dont have source of it lol, i think rexchun made that :o

Guest plegdroid

will removing the sh file disable haptic?

Guest SoftStoner
system/ bin :)

The only scripts I have in /system/bin are backuptool.sh, modelid_cfg.sh and verify_cache_partition_size.sh. I'm inclined to believe this is a kernel issue.

Guest plegdroid

The only scripts I have in /system/bin are backuptool.sh, modelid_cfg.sh and verify_cache_partition_size.sh. I'm inclined to believe this is a kernel issue.

are you on deadlink kernel per chance?