Kernel 2.6.32.9

Guest vamshistunner

Guest Raphael Machado

Thank you. works well, as far as I tested, the camera, the keyboard and the calls are fine. But you file.zip is bad, but I use another .Zip for installation laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif..

And thanks to vamshistunner for gen2 supportlaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

What ZIP do you use?

I'm so happy that the kernel worked fine!

Guest sack3

What ZIP do you use?

I'm so happy that the kernel worked fine!

the CM_for_gen2_patch-by-deadlink.zip, but i replace the boot.img for the vamshi_racer_kernel_2.6.32.9#68 GEN2.. but do not delete the folder system / lib, because it will delete the libraries on the phone

Guest Raphael Machado

the CM_for_gen2_patch-by-deadlink.zip, but i replace the boot.img for the vamshi_racer_kernel_2.6.32.9#68 GEN2.. but do not delete the folder system / lib, because it will delete the libraries on the phone

Okay! Now we wait for vamshi to launch the official kernel!

Thanks.

Guest vamshistunner

@vamshistunner hola, long time no see.............hows the .35 kernel going?

Hola mate, i'm busy with other stuff and hard to put time on this. No progress of .35. I'll try to have a look at it on next weekend..

Guest Archer_cn

Thanks for the gen2 support!

I notice that ZTE released 2.6.35 kernel source for Blade last month, any chances for a custom one for Racer soon ?

:lol:

Guest androzeons

hello friend I need your help .. when I install the Kernel 2.6.32.9 # 70 (Gen 2) my phone restarts when booting .. could be due to this? I have the touch_to_key in / system / bin / and I have installed a rom yours .. ICSv5-MOD-ROM_2.3.7_based_on-224 .... Greetings from Venezuela ... I expect your prompt response .. ahh sorry for my English,

Guest sack3

hello friend I need your help .. when I install the Kernel 2.6.32.9 # 70 (Gen 2) my phone restarts when booting .. could be due to this? I have the touch_to_key in / system / bin / and I have installed a rom yours .. ICSv5-MOD-ROM_2.3.7_based_on-224 .... Greetings from Venezuela ... I expect your prompt response .. ahh sorry for my English,

hola yo tambien soy de venezuela, estoy seguro que tu cel es gen1 usa este Kernel 2.6.32.9 #68 (Gen 1) (New). Pero si no me equivoco esa rom ya trae este Kernel 2.6.32.9 #68 (Gen 1) (New)

Guest equiliym

Hola mate, i'm busy with other stuff and hard to put time on this. No progress of .35. I'll try to have a look at it on next weekend..

no worries, no bigge, was just curious since you mentioned it a long time ago :P

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest goto_racer

So guys, this kernel Kernel 2.6.32.9 # 70 (Gen 2) was excellent :D , but the camera is not working on my Racer, formatted boot and then installed the kernel by cwm, using rom racerboy. someone had the same problem? :unsure:

Guest equiliym

So guys, this kernel Kernel 2.6.32.9 # 70 (Gen 2) was excellent :D , but the camera is not working on my Racer, formatted boot and then installed the kernel by cwm, using rom racerboy. someone had the same problem? :unsure:

it could be you have older cm7 libs or something, i think vamshi added more camera support in his latest kernels

Guest goto_racer

it could be you have older cm7 libs or something, i think vamshi added more camera support in his latest kernels

the truth is that I want to use the kernel 2.6.32.9 # 70 (Gen 2) in rom 12.03.09 leWa_ROM_Racer_ which is based on '' 7.2.0 and has the kernel 2.6.32.9 # 68. my smart is gen2 and I use the "Gen1 to Gen2 patch by deadlink" so that the rom works, but when I boot format and install a kernel 2.6.32.9 # 70 (Gen 2) the camera stops working and is no network signal. the network just back to work if I install a kernel 2.6.32.9 # 70 (Gen 2) about the "Gen2 to Gen1 patch by deadlink" without format boot, but even so the camera does not work. where is it messed up?

Edited by goto_racer

Guest Archer_cn

the truth is that I want to use the kernel 2.6.32.9 # 70 (Gen 2) in rom 12.03.09 leWa_ROM_Racer_ which is based on '' 7.2.0 and has the kernel 2.6.32.9 # 68. my smart is gen2 and I use the "Gen1 to Gen2 patch by deadlink" so that the rom works, but when I boot format and install a kernel 2.6.32.9 # 70 (Gen 2) the camera stops working and is no network signal. the network just back to work if I install a kernel 2.6.32.9 # 70 (Gen 2) about the "Gen2 to Gen1 patch by deadlink" without format boot, but even so the camera does not work. where is it messed up?

It's no kernel issue, this must be caused by some libs you should have them replaced whit correct ones for gen2; I used kernel 2.6.32.9 # 70 (Gen 2) in deadlink's cm7.2 rom, all works; but calibration is not good.

BTW, just now I search on Github, seems Vamshi make his kernel soure open?! :D That's good for racer users, I hope more devs come in together to improve racer roms.

Guest equiliym

It's no kernel issue, this must be caused by some libs you should have them replaced whit correct ones for gen2; I used kernel 2.6.32.9 # 70 (Gen 2) in deadlink's cm7.2 rom, all works; but calibration is not good.

BTW, just now I search on Github, seems Vamshi make his kernel soure open?! :D That's good for racer users, I hope more devs come in together to improve racer roms.

link pl0x :D

Guest Archer_cn

link pl0x :D

Just search "zte racer" on github.com, you'll see.

I took a quick look at it , and I think the touchscreen driver for racer is missing in this kernel

Edited by Archer_cn

Guest equiliym

Just search "zte racer" on github.com, you'll see.

I took a quick look at it , and I think the touchscreen driver for racer is missing in this kernel

thats odd.. but i think vamshi renamed that file to msm_touch.c instead of msm_ts.c.. i can post msm_ts that i have on my drive if you want to try and recompile kernel