Wrong rom installed..now bricked

Guest jimrad

Guest jimrad

Hi guys....

Went to put a stock image back on my vodafone smart (was on CM7)..But I accidentally installed HuaweiU8510-1V100R001C290B855-update_signed.zip instead, now when I boot up I'm stuck on the green android looking thru the broken glass screen..I can't reboot into recovery by holding the usual buttons...Is the phone gimped?..Any help would be much appreciated..

Cheers..

Jim

Guest wolf89

Hi guys....

Went to put a stock image back on my vodafone smart (was on CM7)..But I accidentally installed HuaweiU8510-1V100R001C290B855-update_signed.zip instead, now when I boot up I'm stuck on the green android looking thru the broken glass screen..I can't reboot into recovery by holding the usual buttons...Is the phone gimped?..Any help would be much appreciated..

Cheers..

Jim

Well,grab the stock ROM from this forum and flash it via fastboot and the phone should be right as rain.

Alternatively,you can first flash the recovery image via ADB/Fastboot and then install the ROM

Edited by wolf89

Guest jimrad

Well,grab the stock ROM from this forum and flash it via fastboot and the phone should be right as rain.

Alternatively,you can first flash the recovery image via ADB/Fastboot and then install the ROM

Hi wolf89..Thanks forthe reply, not quite sure how to go about flash via fastboot...can anybody expand and where can I get fast boot?...Thanks again guys..

cheers,

Jim

Guest wolf89

Hi wolf89..Thanks forthe reply, not quite sure how to go about flash via fastboot...can anybody expand and where can I get fast boot?...Thanks again guys..

cheers,

Jim

This should probably get you up to speed,but this is again assuming the wrong ROM hasn't nuked fastboot and/or adb. The easiest way(sorta) to check that out is to write the following command in the command prompt after you've set up adb/fastboot as per the link - adb reboot bootloader if the phone responds to the command (it should restart,but get stuck in the same 'screen' as before), then you just grab either seb's or subpsyke's recovery image (specifically you need the .img file,not the .zip), copy it in the C:\Android directory you made while setting up fastboot/adb and type this command in the command prompt -

fastboot flash recovery <name_of_the_recovery_you_got>.img . If it flashes properly - write fastboot reboot and press power + volume up as usual to open the recovery

Guest jimrad

This should probably get you up to speed,but this is again assuming the wrong ROM hasn't nuked fastboot and/or adb. The easiest way(sorta) to check that out is to write the following command in the command prompt after you've set up adb/fastboot as per the link - adb reboot bootloader if the phone responds to the command (it should restart,but get stuck in the same 'screen' as before), then you just grab either seb's or subpsyke's recovery image (specifically you need the .img file,not the .zip), copy it in the C:\Android directory you made while setting up fastboot/adb and type this command in the command prompt -

fastboot flash recovery <name_of_the_recovery_you_got>.img . If it flashes properly - write fastboot reboot and press power + volume up as usual to open the recovery

Hi wolf..thanks for that...have it all set up but when I run I get the eror "device not found"...I'm assuming it cant find drivers.., I did find some by googling but still no joy.

cheers.

Jim

Guest wolf89

Hi wolf..thanks for that...have it all set up but when I run I get the eror "device not found"...I'm assuming it cant find drivers.., I did find some by googling but still no joy.

cheers.

Jim

Depending on your computer the drivers should've been downloaded automagically (At least in my Win7 Pro they were downloaded from the win update servers by default),but if you want,I can dig trough my files to see if I have the drivers for the Huawei as separate install files... What you might want to do instead is to turn off the device,unplug the battery+cable and then re-plug the usb AND keep pressing the power + volume down keys to hopefully get the blasted thing in fastboot mode(Windows should 'discover' a new device and... well,you know the drill)

Guest jimrad

Depending on your computer the drivers should've been downloaded automagically (At least in my Win7 Pro they were downloaded from the win update servers by default),but if you want,I can dig trough my files to see if I have the drivers for the Huawei as separate install files... What you might want to do instead is to turn off the device,unplug the battery+cable and then re-plug the usb AND keep pressing the power + volume down keys to hopefully get the blasted thing in fastboot mode(Windows should 'discover' a new device and... well,you know the drill)

Hi wolf..any chance you could post the driver rquired?..still having no luck and maybe the ones you have are different..

cheers.

Jim

Guest wolf89

Hi wolf..any chance you could post the driver rquired?..still having no luck and maybe the ones you have are different..

cheers.

Jim

Here it is (I know it says it's for the U8150,but it worked perfectly with the Smart too). Just mount as a virtual CD OR just extract with win-rar.

Guest jimrad

Here it is (I know it says it's for the U8150,but it worked perfectly with the Smart too). Just mount as a virtual CD OR just extract with win-rar.

Hi wolf...Nothing happening!....I downloaded the pack you posted (thanks) but my PC wouldnt allow activesync 4.5 to run so I downloaded the windows mobile device center altermative, unpackedit but during the install it errored out with device unplugged and stopped..

By the way me device is not showing on the PC when plugged in so I'm struggling to see how it will be able to connect to the drivers...I think this may be a lost cause!!..

Thanks for your help this far..

Cheers,

Jim

• 4 years later...
Guest A.Prasla

please help this is showing. not opening recover mode this message is showing than no further think showing  

13106587_10206211168141399_1066473030_o.jpg