Great GB rom based on v20o

Guest Involver

Guest Involver

Hi All,

For those of you who (like me) are tired of waiting on a usable (daily driver) GB ROM, I have found this on XDA Thanatos2x v5.1. It's based on the v20o leaks and I've been using this since last week and man I am REALLY impressed... It's fast, battery performance is good and everything just works! The launcher is based on Samsungs TW, not LG (nor stock). For the first time since I'm running GB I get great 3g performance, no more BT problems and lag/slow downs. I can really recommend giving this a try instead of GR5, at least until GR6 is finally there...

Rgds, D!

Guest SuperSkill

Hi All,

For those of you who (like me) are tired of waiting on a usable (daily driver) GB ROM, I have found this on XDA Thanatos2x v5.1. It's based on the v20o leaks and I've been using this since last week and man I am REALLY impressed... It's fast, battery performance is good and everything just works! The launcher is based on Samsungs TW, not LG (nor stock). For the first time since I'm running GB I get great 3g performance, no more BT problems and lag/slow downs. I can really recommend giving this a try instead of GR5, at least until GR6 is finally there...

Edit:

After testing FPS kernel, which is great, I found that Spica`s HP kernel is AMAZING. Been using HP kernels since the first release, recommended.

Rgds, D!

Hi.

You will also find DjangoManouche as well as others and a good choice of kernels by Spica1234 smile.gif

Right now I am testing out Manouche after Thanatos, both great, stable and fast roms, sr2r2 kernel from spica i use now, very good, drain near perfect :)

Anyway, trying them all out waiting for Gr6 smile.gif Then we can decide ourselves which optimizations we would like to install:)

Today no doubt DjangoManouche roms are the best made Carburano, also check out Tillaz rom here and Civatos on xda, don't forget spices kernel or try Sreeprajay smile.gif

Edited by SuperSkill

Guest SuperSkill

Hi Involver,

Followed your advice, so far very O.K.!

Yes, it's a hard wait untill GR6!

Tried all of them, now I'm sticking to DjangoManouche rom. Very good tweaks and also now with aroma installer so you can get loads of options :)

Edited by SuperSkill

Guest dbbloke

2 days in only but....

Wow, I LOVE this 2X rom. It is soooo smooth, soooo stable, quadrant 3000+, battery so far is great.

I even like it's design style and the apps included. If you have a 2X and have any hesitations about your ROM then Please give this a go. Why TF isn't the LG rom like this? Gr6...

Guest stonebear

I currently have this http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1408919 installed, as it installed I saw it said "converting to ext3" (this is my first day with the phone so I have no idea what it is talking about), is it OK to install this rom on top of it?

It is just that I see it mentions ext4 in the details.

Also do I need to install the 0725 baseband? If so do I flash that after flashing the rom? My baseband is something else.

Edited by stonebear

Guest mparack

I currently have this http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1408919 installed, as it installed I saw it said "converting to ext3" (this is my first day with the phone so I have no idea what it is talking about), is it OK to install this rom on top of it?

It is just that I see it mentions ext4 in the details.

Also do I need to install the 0725 baseband? If so do I flash that after flashing the rom? My baseband is something else.

There is a non-wipe version in the thread you have linked to. What yo used assumes that you need to convert to Ext3 irrespective of what you are using which might not always be the case. Ext4 to Ext3 needs converting but conversion not needed for Ext3 to Ext4

0725 BB is highly recommended unless you have a newer version. It will wipe your device though. Look at Paul's thread about BB flashing for more info.

Edited by mparack

Guest stonebear

There is a non-wipe version in the thread you have linked to. What yo used assumes that you need to convert to Ext3 irrespective of what you are using which might not always be the case. Ext4 to Ext3 needs converting but conversion not needed for Ext3 to Ext4

0725 BB is highly recommended unless you have a newer version. It will wipe your device though. Look at Paul's thread about BB flashing for more info.

Thanks, the v20o rom I am using seems pretty good so this one should be even better. :)

Guest RedeemerSK

2 days in only but....

Wow, I LOVE this 2X rom. It is soooo smooth, soooo stable, quadrant 3000+, battery so far is great.

I totaly second that. With this ROM my O2X finaly feells like smartphone. No more UI lags, amazing. Battery is looking promising too, minimal wake ups while screen off, FD working (w/ v20m BB).

I also came from [ROM] Rebuild of Leaked V20o Gingerbread Update but that one wasn't really that good ... laggy, memory leaks, wake locks / battery was not so good. Thanks to the OP for sharing.

Guest dbbloke

yeah, pauls back and is going to have to go some to beat this rom ;)

it really feels like a smartphone, good words :) it's actually a good phone at last.

Amazing battery, I am now getting 2 full days but now i can use camera, internet, facebook, VK, wifi, loads of stuff all the time (not all the time but much much more than before) and still 2 days plus @3150 in quadrant.

Guest Involver

I've seen in the GR6 post that in fact somebody did test GR6 after having Thanatos installed, check it out... First impressions though seems to be 'let's wait a little before a more mature GR6'...

Guest Zlatan_61

I totaly second that. With this ROM my O2X finaly feells like smartphone. No more UI lags, amazing. Battery is looking promising too, minimal wake ups while screen off, FD working (w/ v20m BB).

I also came from [ROM] Rebuild of Leaked V20o Gingerbread Update but that one wasn't really that good ... laggy, memory leaks, wake locks / battery was not so good. Thanks to the OP for sharing.

You guys talking about Thanatos?

Guest Zlatan_61

I've seen in the GR6 post that in fact somebody did test GR6 after having Thanatos installed, check it out... First impressions though seems to be 'let's wait a little before a more mature GR6'...

Exactly what I wanted to know as well. I was on gr5 but wasnt too happy, had some signal losses and reeboots, went back to v20l stock but its slow andd laggy, so I was wondering what to install now. I have a lot of work at Uni so I only want to do it once, dont hjave the time to install and test all the different roms.

Guest cainn24

Setup wizard crashed, and then the keyboard wasn't functional for me at all (although it came good after I managed to exit out of it). Launcher is nice and fluid, but I just don't like it. Indicators aren't to my liking, and the font size for the time is too large. These are all minor annoyances, and it is of course possible for me to tweak everything according to my own preferences, but there are other ROMs that I like a lot more 'out of the box', so I'll be going with something else.

Hi,

Does anybody made a comparison between this rom (Tanatos2X) and the Modaco GR6 ?

I'm wondering which Rom I will use :)

Thxs !

I tried the Modaco Gr6 and the Thanatos is much more performant !

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Involver

After a few weeks I'm still on this ROM, though I did have some BB/RIL issues but these are solved. I've been using the baseband found in this link, it's the v20m version of 725. GetRIL advises me to use v10d Europe, but for now I'm still using the one that came with the ROM. This is BY FAR the best combination I've used in months... No more 3g problems, phone crashing when toggling WiFi, great GPS fix, audio is OK (not any worse than anything else) and reception is at it's best (for me). I can highly recommend this ROM/BB/RIL combination!