Phone repair and Gingerounay 3.0.1

Guest Hassled1

Guest Hassled1

Hi

i have recently had to return my phone to Acer for repair (having first flashed the stock 2.3.6 rom). My question is what do i need to do when the phone is returned.

The phone was running Gingerounay 3.0.1 wtha 32GB memory card, this was partitioned with a 1GB ext-2 partition for the apps. I have a fairly recent Titanium backup, this is not a full backup as my fault was the screen so I couldn't refresh everything).

When my phone comes back I intend to root it, apply Ginerounay 3.0.1 - what should i do next?

Do I need to restore any apps, settings etc or are they all on the card and therefore safe?

Do i need to do anything with the Dalvik cache etc?

Thanks in advance

Guest Hassled1

Hello guys,

I have gingerounay installed, but i need to send my ACER S120 to warranty, should i install original ROM again? How to do?

Cumps,

Tiago

Yes you definately need to return to stock firmware otherwise ACER reserve the right to charge you over £70 if it's deemed to be a software problem.

See link 4 on this post to get back to stock - http://android.modaco.com/topic/349726-solved-how-can-i-go-back-to-stock-rom/

Yes you definately need to return to stock firmware otherwise ACER reserve the right to charge you over £70 if it's deemed to be a software problem.

See link 4 on this post to get back to stock - http://android.modac...k-to-stock-rom/

Thank you Hassled1, but I have one doubt:

I saw that in the link you show, how to reset the ROM but I have also a custom recovery mode (by vache), that i used to install gingerounay ROM, but now when I return to the stock ROM as I see on the link the recovery mode will also return to stock? or i i'll have to do any other step?

Cumps,

Tiago

Guest Hassled1

Thank you Hassled1, but I have one doubt:

I saw that in the link you show, how to reset the ROM but I have also a custom recovery mode (by vache), that i used to install gingerounay ROM, but now when I return to the stock ROM as I see on the link the recovery mode will also return to stock? or i i'll have to do any other step?

Cumps,

Tiago

I'm fairly certain that returning to stock rom also returns recovery to stock.

Guest Hassled1

I have now had the phone returned from Acer, they had it for just over a week.

Since receiving the phone I have reapplied the recovery (returning to stock did remove this) and then applied the Gingerounay updates.

When i restarted the phone I went to A2SDGUi and reselected move apps2sd. After a reboot went into A2SDGUi and selected 'move and rebuild' Dalvik Cache to SD-EXT. When completed I rebooted and all but one of my apps pre repair were in place and working.