[ROM][ZTE Skate] SKatie by Ceco - Android 2.3.5 (DOLBY MOBILE NOW AVAILABLE!!!)

Guest C3C0

Guest Griffin_85

Woah. That worked, that one IS updating (so far) from GPS, and is actually quite to my taste.

Thanks for that suggestion.

And of course for the awesome ROM!!!

i've installed this rom today,and there is no way to make my data working,a tried both versions of rom.

i tried with manual setings too,but still not working.

any idea?

Guest Griffin_85

Hmm another question, since im pushing the Internal memory, trying to fit all programs that i use on it without having to link them to SD card.

System needs to be 150MB, but what is the optimal cache size? And again not minimal, optimal :>

Keep it stock. This means 35mb.

@zule83

Check your APN settings. You should be using the one saying "internet" and check its settings to get them in line with your mobile operator requirements.

Guest kaostechno

@ C3C0

Hey first to say thank you , rom is great and instalation was a breeze, ok so 1 problem on 2.4

Gtalk is not working, everything is properly connected gmail etc... it says Gtalk authentication failed.

Authentication Error : Google Talk failed to login. If this is a Google Apps account, confirm that Chat Service is enabled for this account.

Edited by kaostechno

• 2 weeks later...

New kernel added in the kitchen: "Ceco S2 rev1" featuring:

- support for additional light/prox sensors: ONA3301 and ISL29026

- touchscreen + LCD panel drivers updated - support for newer Skate models (GB_RU_P743TV1, ...)

- relevant config changes

This version doesn't suppor SFR Staraddict because it requires specific kernel config that breaks compatibility with other models.

This one will be available as additional option soon.

If previous S2 works in every aspect on your device then there is no need to update to rev1 version!

Anyway, it shouldn't cause problems, in case you do update but in case of problems return to original S2!

Edited by C3C0

Guest WiiSky70

New kernel added in the kitchen: "Ceco S2 rev1" featuring:

- support for additional light/prox sensors: ONA3301 and ISL29026

- touchscreen + LCD panel drivers updated - support for newer Skate models (GB_RU_P743TV1, ...)

- relevant config changes

This version doesn't suppor SFR Staraddict because it requires specific kernel config that breaks compatibility with other models.

This one will be available as additional option soon.

If previous S2 works in every aspect on your device then there is no need to update to rev1 version!

Anyway, it shouldn't cause problems, in case you do update but in case of problems return to original S2!

Thanks C3C0 the new kernel works great :)

Also i saw the brightness table fixed on my touchscreen , the colors are better and more natural with the new S2 Rev1

Guest dmitry_sensei

Thanks C3C0 the new kernel works great

Also i saw the brightness table fixed on my touchscreen , the colors are better and more natural with the new S2 Rev1

Wow! Any where brightness table fixed.

Added support for GB_RU helps Porto :)

Guest Redzinald

What to say except, Great ROM. On Antutu my score is 2372, this is the best score i ever had. Before this rom i use cm10 JB and on it I had 2308. I think this is the end of Searching best rom for Skate. I found it here :)

Once again thanks for good job.

Guest WiiSky70

I wan't know how C3C0 will keep this project active and still upgradeable to get the best results

and performance.

Also , the Update Kitchen needs a "bit" of more customization like the Stock Phone Dialer and another extra Launcher Choices :)

Anyways , thanks for your big hard work and i will continue to suport it as much as other users do !

Thanks and keep this ROM fresh and good like you've done until now.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Paun21

I apologize for my English. I have a question if anyone can help I would be grateful. From Android play store i have download Camera ICS which is much improved my camera,and has an advantage that is generally lacking in our phone,and that is to use the volume buttons for shooting. When i install the program, my phone stops working normal, I do not get sms notification, when the phone is locked ligiht for sec turn on and off, no sound or led blink and I constantly must check message If I got a sms. My question is: does stock camera have this options for volume buttons and if not why is this happening on my phone when i instal ICS Camera? Thanx

Edited by Paun21

As far as I remember, cifs module is already built into kernel (all S series kernels have it).

Anyway, cifs is needed for smb support (windows shares), not nfs. Nfs needs different module and is also already supported.

As far as I remember, cifs module is already built into kernel (all S series kernels have it).

Anyway, cifs is needed for smb support (windows shares), not nfs. Nfs needs different module and is also already supported.

Thanks for the information. I am trying to use CIfsManager for android bur I got connection refused. I sniffed on nfs port 2049...amd indeed not traffic is seen when I try to mount.

Mounting from my laptop is fine. Any idea how I can mount and NFS share to my Android.

Thanks!

Thanks for the information. I am trying to use CIfsManager for android bur I got connection refused. I sniffed on nfs port 2049...amd indeed not traffic is seen when I try to mount.

Mounting from my laptop is fine. Any idea how I can mount and NFS share to my Android.

Thanks!

I mamnaged to mount it using the BusyBox mount command.

Cheers

Guest phillgates

Would just like to thank Ceco, and all his associates for a great ROM that has served me well all year, just updated to 2.4, Dolby sound is good, have not had any issues, other than screen flicker on occasions, and increased contrast, maybe a screen calibration issue or display driver, but great every day ROM, I'm very pleased with, many thanks indeed, and keep up the good work.

PS: Would like to see the development of a stable ICS ROM for skate, have tried Paranoid ICS, but too many system crashes and restarts, not stable enough for every day use, though the speed of the OS is amazing, as is the boot times of 30 seconds, also the screen resolution and depth is awesome, but shame it's not stable enough for every day use, surely the ZTE Skate deserves a stable ICS 4 Rom some time soon, maybe I'll make a wish!...................... :rolleyes:

Edited by phillgates

Thanls.

1) Contrast/flicker - yes I know. It is a "bug" in S2 rev1 kernel I hadn't provided fix for in skatie kitchen yet. I recommend flashing normal S2 (not rev1) if it bothers you.

2) I have recently fixed PA crashing issues couple of days ago. It's rock solid now. Check out the PA thread.

http://www.modaco.co...40#entry2033097

Edited by C3C0

Guest phillgates

Man If only Orange could respond so quickly! thanks for the tips Ceco, will back up my SKatie Rom, and restore the Paranoid, and apply the fixes, and let you know how it goes, thanks again...................... :D

Edited by phillgates

Guest phillgates

Just an update Ceco, have restored my CWM backup of Paranoid ICS, and did the new 03/10 update, including fixes, but didn't go well so cleaned out skate, and did a fresh install, plus your two latest fixes, which do seem to have resolved the crashes, I am going to run with this for some time, to see how things go, though my initial feelings are that there is some memory management issues, and it doesn't seem to like Go Launcher (Lagging), but the crashes have now gone. Would just like to add a few observations:

1) BBC iplayer not working (even with Adobe Flash 10, or 11 for Arm6)

2) Memory Management issues

3) Startup time 4 minutes

4) Root access for Link2SD can be buggy on auto link (occasional failure, due to loss of root access, suspect memory issue)

5) Very small % of program compatibility issues, that should work, but don't

6) Overall speed has been reduced some what.

These are observations and not complaints I must add, for your feedback, hope I have helped in some small way, very much appreciate your expertise Ceco, many thanks again................ ;)

Edited by phillgates

Thanks for feedback :)

Flash doesn't work on ICS, unfortunatelly. armv6 hacked version works on GB roms somehow but it's choppy and nearly unusable. Definitely something that is not designed for our old CPU architecture...

I'm not sure what memory management issues you mean but I wouldn't use GO Launcher because it is somewhat bloated and resource hungry. Try Nova launcher instead. It really makes a difference in speed.

Boot time is subjective. Mine boots in about 1 minute. It depends on how many apps you have installed and if linked to sd-ext then also SD card class/speed matters. Speed can be reduced for some time after first boot - mediascanner needs to finish its job scanning the sd card for media files, I haven't noticed any speed issues myself compared to other ICS roms and older PA builds.

Guest phillgates

Ceco your update of the 12/10 has resolved the boot time, now coming in at 2 minutes (Class 10 Samsung Card). your Rom update of the 03/10 had some issues with Link2SD, which although was reporting apps linked to Ex2/3, in fact were not, and upon reboot, the system struggled to cope with the fact that the internal Data had exceeded it's limit, had to do a wipe, but same thing happened again, your 12/10 update resolved this and the same number of apps are giving me a data partition of 120 mb free. less wait warnings too, though still cannot use BBC iplayer, and some Air. apps.

Regarding your comment on flash for arm 6, I have never had any issues with it on your Skatie ROM (2.4), where in fact the BBC iplayer plays flawlessly, and as good as my Galaxy s2 and Note. I have Nova as my only Launcher on my Galaxy tab 2, and I know what your referring too regarding it's performance. I'm fully aware of the resource drain of Go launcher, and usually set it up as lean as possible, if Nova had the ifolder opening and closing effect, then I would not bother with Go launcher, though they do maintain a good stream of updates to keep it running good.

Finally just like to say your current revision released on the 12th is the best yet, and has given very little issues so far, much appreciated, thanks again.......... ;)

Edited by phillgates

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bardriel

Excellent rom C3C0. I want to use it but i have a strange problem. With a fresh install (and more than 200 mb in data partition to install apps) when i try to install and app bigger than 30 mb or 40 mb (like some games for example) the system show a message like "you don´t have enought space. The app can not be installed".

is there any solution to this problem?

Great rom and great work in all your roms and specially in PA cm9 (now with hd youtube)

:)