[ROM][ZTE Skate] SKatie by Ceco - Android 2.3.5 (DOLBY MOBILE NOW AVAILABLE!!!)

Guest C3C0

Guest MrDetonator

If you are going to generate new update, maybe it's good time to also remove (or make optional) News and Weather, Google Search link, Google Talk, Voice Search?

Edited by MrDetonator

Wait a while. Updated kitchen will come this week.

Together with Bluetooth fix - bluetooth has problems if other than stock music player is used.

I need some time to test.

Guest MrDetonator

Wait a while. Updated kitchen will come this week.

Together with Bluetooth fix - bluetooth has problems if other than stock music player is used.

I need some time to test.

Ok. About Wi-Fi signal: I noticed that Wi-Fi using time is incteased very much on this ROM. About 20% at least.

Maybe but this doesn't seem to be important to me. It depends on what apps you run.

Anyway, my experience is that battery life is very good with wifi turned on all the time.

Guest MrDetonator

Maybe but this doesn't seem to be important to me. It depends on what apps you run.

Anyway, my experience is that battery life is very good with wifi turned on all the time.

I used browser and Youtube videos same with stock and your ROM.

I also noticed that some games are forceclose on Skate. Possibly, they must not work here but there's list of games I tested and which always forceclose:

Minecraft Pocket

SIMS 3

C.H.A.O.S.

World of Goo

Update Kitchen moved to another server having better bandwidth.

Changes in DNS need some time to get propagated so if you have problems accessing http://skatie.ceco.sk.eu.org

use http://skatie2.ceco.sk.eu.org

EDIT: I forgot to mention one important thing. I removed generating of update signatures since I do not have java available at new server,

so if you are getting errors about signature verification failed while flashing, turn off signature verification in "install zip from sd card" menu in clockworkmod.

Edited by C3C0

Update Kitchen extended!

- more apps to choose from

- possibility to upload own apks to be installed in system partition :)

- bluetooth fix when other than stock music player is used (needs more testing) (thanks tillaz for help)

Enjoy :)

Edited by C3C0

Guest MrDetonator

I found a little mismatch: Google mail is not removed, although I selected Choose E-mail client: None.

Maybe it's important for the system and can not be removed?

Email and Gmail are two different apps. Kitchen deals with Email only - Gmail is not configurable via kitchen since I treat it as an essential app everybody must have.

Gmail is strictly for handling Goggle mail

Email you can use with any POP3/IMAP mail servers

Edited by C3C0

Guest murkan

I have a problem with this rom. My phone wont to ring, it only vibrates, i can't open ringtone settings because it crashes, and my side buttons for increasing volime aren't working. When i press them on open screan it shows me android sign and restarts. Please help

Go to kitchen and generate full upgrade by setting current version to 1.1. You probably did not do last update right. If it doesn't help send me the exact config you set in the kitchen.

Your phone will be identified as HTC in market and You will be able to install apps e.g. gameloft games that are normally not supported on skate.

And what about the problems you mention in your previous post (volume buttons, etc.)? Are they OK now?

I suppose you installed basic SKatie package from first post?

Can you post the exact configuration you set in the kitchen?

Guest murkan

they aren't working :(

Your CURRENT VERSION of SKatie ROM

(check Settings / About Phone to determine your current version)

Choose Kernel 1.1

Choose your Launcher launcher pro

Enable RTL support yes

(Support for Right-To-Left languages)

Choose E-mail client stock

Choose File Manager es file explorer

Choose Music Player stock

Choose FM Radio stock

Choose Alarm Clock stock

Choose additional applications Equalizer

SD Speed Increase

No-frills CPU control

Task Manager (stock)

News & Weather

Quick Search Box

NotesPad

Sound recorder

Stopwatch

Google Talk

Voice search

YouTube

Manufacturer tweak

(set to HTC for better HD games support) zte

Battery indicator

Tried the same config and everything seems to be fine - just taskmanager is missing but this is because of the bug in the kitchen - it won't get included in the archive if you check it. Easy to fix. Ringtones and volume buttons work OK. There must be something that we are doing differently...

EDIT: And not just taskmanager is missing. First 5 apps are missing - bug introduced with new version. Should be fixed now...

Edited by C3C0

Guest murkan

Tried the same config and everything seems to be fine - just taskmanager is missing but this is because of the bug in the kitchen - it won't get included in the archive if you check it. Easy to fix. Ringtones and volume buttons work OK. There must be something that we are doing differently...

about task manager you say that if i uncheck it it will be in my phone, if yes gonna try again

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Hi Ceco,

Actually I quite like the idea of skatie - a lite mod based on stock ROM. ZTE stock rom has advantages of better sound /camera quality and better WiFi speed over CM one, while lite mod ensures the best stability and compatibility, and also the online kitchen provides further customization. I was thinking maybe you would consider re-base your ROM on latest Orange stock 2.3.4, which gives you actually nothing worse than generic 2.3.5 but you will gain exclusive features like Dolby mobile and signal boost.