[ROM][ZTE Skate] SKatie by Ceco - Android 2.3.5 (DOLBY MOBILE NOW AVAILABLE!!!)

Guest C3C0

It should be in app drawer as other apps.

When did you generate update? There was a bug in previous version that could cause some apks not to be copied.

Kitchen was updated yesterday and after I took a look at code right now I didn't see anything that could cause Equalizer not to be included in update.

Guest MrDetonator

It should be in app drawer as other apps.

When did you generate update? There was a bug in previous version that could cause some apks not to be copied.

Kitchen was updated yesterday and after I took a look at code right now I didn't see anything that could cause Equalizer not to be included in update.

It was 2.2, about 5 days ago.

Guest MrDetonator

Just regenerate update and it should be OK.

The version couple of days ago had a bug that I mentioned in the previous post.

Ok, I updated with new update and it appeared.

Does it affect speaker, heaphones and loudspeaker together, no possibility to choose?

About torch with camera flash, nobody found solution yet?

And is it possible to integrate 800x480 video recording possibility in your ROM?

I want to repeat my question from previous page:

Flash video works here but on my phone it's about 3-4 FPS.

Is there any way to improve it? In stock ROM it works different way: when you click on Flash video on the web-site, it opens in the separate window in full screen and video speed was good. Is it possible to view Flash same way here or it's possible only inside the page?

Edited by MrDetonator

Guest H3ROS

Did you update the SoundSettings smali files in Settings.APK, plus all ID's? Framework-res.apk also contains some ID's you need to change, plus MediaController.smali in framework.jar contains an ID (0x10201f6) which must be the same as the ID in R$id.smali.

I've got everything setup here, and the settings menu triggers:

E/AudioManager ( 497): [MyTag]DolbySetEnable is 1

E/AudioService.java ( 338): [MyTag]DolbySetEnable is 1

But Dolby doesn't actually disable even though the setting can turn off and on.

Edited by H3ROS

Nice find :)

I will doublecheck the ID's maybe tomorrow. They seemed to me the same but I probably missed framework-res

Anyway, it's strange that it always says set to 1. Maybe we should take a closer look at onclick listener in SoundSettings.smali.

Guest H3ROS

I can get it to set to 0, but it doesn't log an error and Dolby is still enabled. I got it to do that by replacing the SoundSettings files which was the key to trigger the events so that it'd save the setting.

If I get a few minutes I will try to clean things up and give you the files modified for Skatie. I'm not very good at actually debugging the stuff, but I seem to be able to port it easy enough :D

Hmm.

That's exactly what I've done - replaced SoundSettings.smali so it contains the correct event handler.

But anyway - setting did nothing and when I moved away from Settings activity and returned back the

previous setting was gone - it didn't get remebered...

Ok, I updated with new update and it appeared.

Does it affect speaker, heaphones and loudspeaker together, no possibility to choose?

About torch with camera flash, nobody found solution yet?

And is it possible to integrate 800x480 video recording possibility in your ROM?

I want to repeat my question from previous page:

Flash video works here but on my phone it's about 3-4 FPS.

Is there any way to improve it? In stock ROM it works different way: when you click on Flash video on the web-site, it opens in the separate window in full screen and video speed was good. Is it possible to view Flash same way here or it's possible only inside the page?

Equalizer - seems to be affecting all outputs. But I am not sure.

Torch - I was trying to code Torch app myself and ended up with flash blinking. I personally thing it is not possible to make it on continuosly on Skate - hardware limitations.

Adobe Flash behaviour - I don't really know since I am not using it very much. Maybe someone else can answer this?

Guest H3ROS

It used to do that here, but I fixed it. I'll try to port the changes to Skatie anyway, in a non-compiled state so that you can use something like WinDiff to see whats been modified.

Guest timfimjim

Would like to try getting the Dolby working on Swedish snow...

Downloaded the update with Dolby.

In the Swedish snow zip, I replaced:

Framework.jar

Framework-res.apk

libaudio.so

libaudioflinger.so

libm.so

libmedia.so

No surprises wouldn't boot haharolleyes.gif

Other files I need to replace?

Didn't want to replace settings because I think there are differences between skatie and s snow.

But then by replacing frameworks I've probably messed up the rest of the rom which is why i'm guessing it doesn't boot?

obviously you can tell by this that i have no idea what i'm doing..... haha

Guest timfimjim

You can't just replace files with this mod. It requires you to build your own framework.jar, framework-res.apk and settings.apk files.

ah. I assumed it was something like that haha. I'll give up then

I'm guna have another try at the weekend.

Seems really hard to get into dev. I don't really know where to start. Did some iPhone app development last year but apart from that I've got no idea!

Edited by timfimjim

Guest davidclack

Hi,

Been using your rom since you first released it and it has worked fine, totally stable and everything working. Updated it yesterday to latest version 2.2 and I get a green line at the top of the screen that goes just over 50% of the width....any idea why?

Thanks for all the work you put into the roms :)

Guest davidclack

That's battery bar. Go to settings / skatie settings / battery bar. You can turn it off there if you like.

Thanks for the quick reply.....I guess it was just me being a bit dumb then lol!

Guest MrDetonator

It's OK. Lot of people are confused by this.

Because it looks like bug.

Thin line on the top is hardly visible and reminds screen error.

Did you create this widget yourself?

Guest MrDetonator

It's OK. Lot of people are confused by this.

Because it looks like bug.

Thin line on the top is hardly visible and reminds screen error.

Did you create this widget yourself?

Also, you add some apps in your ROM as defaults. I can suggest couple of them:

Volume+

and the notepad - Laoye Notepad (http://www.appbrain....ye.free.notepad), it has all encodings, very fast, simple and small, many people say that it's the best notepad. It can be used instead default one. I think last version is free and without advertisements.

post-968903-0-04286300-1332700055_thumb.

Edited by MrDetonator

You can add them yourself via kitchen (and others, too). That's why I made a function of adding ow.n apks into system partition :-)

Edited by C3C0