[ROM][ZTE Skate] SKatie by Ceco - Android 2.3.5 (DOLBY MOBILE NOW AVAILABLE!!!)

Guest C3C0

Guest razzmataz1478

No. Unfortunately it is not possible. You must have basic system installed using tpt. Kitchen is just for updates. But will add such option soon.

OK thanks I'll wait for you to release a flashable zip version ;)

Kitchen updated.

- I have finally managed to deodex 2.3.5 stock Email app which I had previously problems with because of some missing libraries.

So stock Email app is now coming from 2.3.5 (was 2.3.4 before)

- Another file manager added: Total Commander

- Stock Task Manager added as an option

Guest MrDetonator

Hi Ceco, does your ROM have speed improvements relatively to the stock ROM as other mods have and if so, are that speed improvements better or not then CM's and Atomic's? Are menus, lists etc. run smoother with your mod than with stock one? Did you compare benchmark tests?

I have stock ZTE 2.3.5 ROM now, and could you tell me, if I update the phone with your mode, will I be able to restore changes back if I need?

Your ROM has 3-d party applications as default, like Go Launcher, ES file explorer etc. What will happen when that applications will be updated by their developers, will they update themselves?

No. Unfortunately it is not possible. You must have basic system installed using tpt. Kitchen is just for updates. But will add such option soon.

So will it be possible to just update stock Skate ROM right from your kitchen? When are you going to make it?

Edited by MrDetonator

Performance of Skatie is comparable to other custom ROMs - you really can't tell a difference which of them is faster.

Skate can be reverted to stock without any problem. I have the generic 2.3.5 TPT available which can easily get your phone to stock.

ZTE Skate unbranded, Android 2.3.5

Android version: 2.3.5

Kernel: 2.6.35.7-perf zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT

http://ceco.sk.eu.org/omc/ZTESkate_TPT_ ... 0.0B01.zip

MD5 Checksum: 6856dd0d5d23bd018bdc9ed221fe8e05

Regarding 3rd party applications. I always try to update them in the kitchen when new update comes out.

You can use the Update Kitchen only with Skatie!!! It is not compatible with other ROMs!!!

So before you can use it, you must flash Skatie basic TPT you can find in the first post.

Guest MrDetonator

So fast answer, how do you do that?

Are menus, lists etc. run smoother with your mod than with stock one? Did you compare benchmark tests with other mods?

You wrote how to update ROM, it is simple as I understand, from flash. And there's no information about how to use restore if something goes wrong, how to do it?

Edited by MrDetonator

As I said. Benchmarks are comparable to other ROMs I tried.

It is much smoother than stock. Also depends on what Launcher you use. I personally recommend LauncherPro.

You can revert back to stock the same way as you flash basic Skatie TPT.

So you just extract the ZIP I posted in my previous post in the root of SD card and turn on phone while holding menu and Vol+

Edited by C3C0

Guest HenryRym

Hi Ceco

Have been happily running 2.0 for the last so many days, updated earlier today to 2.1 and had FC issues with the stock email client. Installed K9 and had exactly the same problems.

Have just installed the latest 2.1 from the ugrade kitchen and am still having FC probs with the stock and K9 email client apps. The individual email apps (I use GMail, Hotmail & Yahoo apps) work fine, but it would be nice to have ttmem combined. I'm using this with wifi.

Anything that I might be doing wrong? Otherwise I'm very pleased with your SKatie, seems very nice and stable.

Thanks

Henry

Guest MrDetonator

I updated with 1.1, then I downloaded 2.1 from the kitchen.

Rebooted to recovery, selected ZIP. Recovery said that update was successful, then rebooted the phone. But the phone stuck at boot at green "SKatie custom ROM" logo.

Removing battery doesn't help, phone stucks at boot.

I went back to 1.1.

Edited by MrDetonator

Guest MrDetonator

Please, post the exact configuration you used to generate update that caused you trouble. Thanks.

Ok, here's the screenshot. Just tried once again - same situation. Is it possible to reinstall update not reinstalling the 1.1? Maybe it's simple question, but how to enter the recovery?

Damn, image not posted. Here it its: a201c55301e2.jpg

Edited by MrDetonator

Guest MrDetonator

You should set 1.1 as your CURRENT VERSION since this is your version you are upgrading from!

Oh... Ok.

So now should I reflash to 1.1 again and update once again?

Guest MrDetonator

No. Just generate update with current version set to 1.1 and flash.

But how can I enter enter the recovery from boot? Phone doesn't start.

Guest MrDetonator

1) power off your phone

2) Press and hold Vol- and power on. This will get you to recovery

Thanks. I successfully upgraded.

Already tested with AnTuTu benchmark, it gives 1720 points without overclocking.

Edited by MrDetonator

I am just testing new Adreno200 graphics libraries! Looks goog so far.

3D test in Antutu runs at 29 FPS!!!

Look at the 3D performance of Antutu Benchmark. Thats +100 points for 3D compared to old libs!

http://ceco.sk.eu.org/omc/skatie/screenshots/gpu/gpu.png

Need to test it for longer time to see if there is any negative side effects.

Will then release special update - version 2.2 with libraries updated.

Guest MrDetonator

I am just testing new Adreno200 graphics libraries! Looks goog so far.

3D test in Antutu runs at 29 FPS!!!

Look at the 3D performance of Antutu Benchmark. Thats +100 points for 3D compared to old libs!

http://ceco.sk.eu.or...ots/gpu/gpu.png

Need to test it for longer time to see if there is any negative side effects.

Will then release special update - version 2.2 with libraries updated.

NIce.

I noticed that the main difference in benchmark of this mod with CM7 mod is "CPU float-point" parameter, here it's 28 and in CM7 it's about 230 (and this is almost 10 times higher). Look: http://android.modac...ost__p__1845075

I had an issue with ES file explorer installed separately, not as default file manager.

It doesn't save seettings, every time it shows 1-st time menu and uses default settings.

PlayStore appeared instead of Market, but this mod still uses the Market.

Edited by MrDetonator

Yes I know about the difference in floating point tests and according to my observations it's strange because

I doubt there is no such difference because it is not noticable by normal use. Benchmarks are just synthetic tests and

they can probably give false results depending on system configuaration, etc. If anyone know the real reason for such differences in FPU tests I would be greatfull

for info.

Anyway, here is another screenshots from my latest 3D tests :lol:

This one is at 940MHz

http://ceco.sk.eu.org/omc/skatie/screenshots/gpu/gpu2.png

Regarding ES File Manager. What was the reason you did not install it via Kitchen? It should be the same version you installed separately.

I will take a look at Market thing and will replace it with PlayStore in new upcoming 2.2 update together with graphics libs.

New version 2.2. available in the Kitchen.

What's new in version 2.2

- New EGL graphics libraries (thanks to lthunter and stephen)

----- 3D performance remarkably improved

----- antutu screenshots: http://ceco.sk.eu.or...creenshots/gpu/

- Market replaced by Play Store

- does not require wipes before flashing

Edited by C3C0