Whats wrong with vegacombe/honey ice WIFI?

Guest mcfly666

Guest mcfly666

When I use vegacomb or honey ice the wifi connectionis really, really slow. When I try and download a file from the market for instance I can see the progress bar going along at kilobits a second in 2-300 chunks if im lucky.

When using R8 or corvus 5 a 5mb download would be done in a flash, what you would expect for my connection (15Mbit) Whats going on, is there anything I can do to change it or do the drivers for VC/HI suck that much?

Guest richardmlea

Is your bluetooth turned on? Blues and wifi dont play well together in some versions of honeyice. Try turning blues off.

You could also try changing the wifi channel on your router as I think there is an issue with some (high) channels.

You should also download a wifi analizer app from the market to check that the wifi channel you are using is not being shared with a neigbour.

Guest mcfly666

Thank you richard, changing the wifi to a lower channel fixed the speed issue and I quite like the rom now, the only gripe now is that flash player for some reason is totally broken.

I keep getting forced closed when I try and view my favorite site 4oD with any browser that I have tried (stock, dolphin, maxthon) if the browser does not force close then it just freezes when you try and view any content.

I think I'm going to go back to R8 as pauls rom is the only rom that works reliably with flash, thought I hopw i am missing some super setting i can click and it suddenly works lol.

EDIT: fixed my flash issues by rolling back to flash 10.2 a GLES optamised version that works flawlessly with no force close issues at all!

If anyone had flash issues I recommend using libflaskplayer_froyo_gles2_20110318 v10.2.155.67_signed with honey ice as it works as it should!

Edited by mcfly666

i cant get wifi working at all with honeyice works fine with vegacomb (build 9 latest update) once connected (but i always have to put my password in then resest the router for it to connect first time i run it after installing vegacomb) but no matter what i do it wont connect in honeyice ive tried just upgrading from vegacomb (with and without the three wipes) and even reflashing all the way back to modded stock and reinstalling) but honeyice will never connect to wifi i always either just get "scanning" and it goes no further or "connecting" then "disconnected" constantly

Edited by mxbob

Guest ursulavasey

i cant get wifi working at all with honeyice works fine with vegacomb (build 9 latest update) once connected (but i always have to put my password in then resest the router for it to connect first time i run it after installing vegacomb) but no matter what i do it wont connect in honeyice ive tried just upgrading from vegacomb (with and without the three wipes) and even reflashing all the way back to modded stock and reinstalling) but honeyice will never connect to wifi i always either just get "scanning" and it goes no further or "connecting" then "disconnected" constantly

Have you tried adding the wi-fi network from scratch? Install VC build 9, reboot and connect to wi-fi. Don't wipe at all between VC and HI. Then install HI and add the SSID of your internet as well as the password. Don't just add the password to the currently displayed network; add the network from scratch, as though it is a new network that the Vega has never seen before. You also don't need to install the VC updates prior to installing HI, as the updates are all included in all versions of HI.

<br />Have you tried adding the wi-fi network from scratch? Install VC build 9, reboot and connect to wi-fi. Don't wipe at all between VC and HI. Then install HI and add the SSID of your internet as well as the password. Don't just add the password to the currently displayed network; add the network from scratch, as though it is a new network that the Vega has never seen before. You also don't need to install the VC updates prior to installing HI, as the updates are all included in all versions of HI.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

yes ive tried adding the wifi from scratch rather than just adding the password and connecting and i always get the same results no matter how i try and add it

i think the version of VC i have is with the updates included so it may be worth trying to download an earlier version of VC to update to HI