[APP] TPT Helper

Guest Amphoras

Guest rage a500

You didn't do anything wrong. The TPTs delete your current rom and data, so you need to flash a new one once it boots you into Clockwork.

I've tried installing your from and it aborts. I've downloaded again and it it does the same.

Im welsh, but I was joking as like alot of welsh people, I don't speak welsh.. sorry

• 2 months later...
Guest hankhandsome

just discovered this app and tried to create a custom TPT. it's been 'unzipping' for the past 10 minutes - is this normal ?

running it on a GEN1 ZTE Blade ..

Edited by hankhandsome

Guest ufizo

I am on CM9 and this app apparently does not work with ICS.

I have a request to make,

can someone please make a custom TPT for me?

/system 185M

/cache 5M (or 2M?)

rest /data

small android and latest CWM recovery. :blush:

(mine is san fran, not skate)

Guest hankhandsome

I am on CM9 and this app apparently does not work with ICS.

I have a request to make,

can someone please make a custom TPT for me?

/system 185M

/cache 5M (or 2M?)

rest /data

small android and latest CWM recovery. :blush:

(mine is san fran, not skate)

why not make a nandroid backup and then flash back to CM7 temporarily to do one yourself ? once you've rebooted, you can format the system in clockwork then just restore your nandroid - job done.

as for my issue, i've resolved it now - i forgot my blade was Gen1 .. doh!. working like a charm now. might even experiment with bigger partition and cache sizes ..

Guest ufizo

alright, yes ofcourse I could do that

why not make a nandroid backup and then flash back to CM7 temporarily to do one yourself ? once you've rebooted, you can format the system in clockwork then just restore your nandroid - job done.

as for my issue, i've resolved it now - i forgot my blade was Gen1 .. doh!. working like a charm now. might even experiment with bigger partition and cache sizes ..

Alright, well yes of course I could do that. But downloading a 70MB ROM, and then flashing it is some work to do,

whereas if somebody is willing to help, it will just be an upload of 4-5MBs for him/her.

I know I am sounding lazy, but I thought it would be convenient.

EDIT: Well, I did downgrade to CM7, and tried this APP.

got /sdcard/image created fine.

MD5 check fails for 2 files as expected (since I used custom sizes)

but trying the TPT I get something like:

Update from T-flash Card

error!

error!

error!

error!

error!

error!

whereas the other custom TPT's I've tried work fine.

What could it be?

Edited by ufizo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Basicly

Hi

OMC

CWM Recovery v4.0.1.4

Ice Armor III

Trying to update to CWM v5.5.0.4

Tried using Wacky.ddw's guide

Part 2c) Updating or changing clockworkmod

This is the easiest way to update clockworkmod if your allready on a custom ROM, or on rooted stock firmware. If you are not, then please read part 2a or part 2b first.

Download "Terminal emulator" from the market:

LINK

Download on of the packages from the download section of this tutorial, and copy the recovery.img to the root of your SDcard. (Or any other skate compatible recovery)

Open the "Terminal emulator" app and type this without the " " signs:

"su"

"flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img"

It should say writing to block xxxxxxx, but sometimes it only shows a square. In my expirience if it doesnt give a error your good to go. Reboot into recovery and see if it worked.

Got error.. Tried it a few times.

I've noticed in CWM Recovery v4.0.1.4 that there is an apply update option and that asks for an update.zip. Any idea where I could get that?

Thanks guys.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Viento del Sur

Revert to TPT standard

(on skate)

If I need to reverse the stock tpt, the question is:

The option download a tpt -> TPT standard also includes a recovery? CW or FMT or none?

(I'm not talking about all-in-one)

very thx!

Edited by Viento del Sur

Guest avenn

Revert to TPT standard

(on skate)

The option download a tpt -> TPT standard also includes a recovery? CW or FMT or none?

very thx!

Good question. Did you got the answer to that already?

Guest ukgnome

Just wondered, I have created and applied my own custom partition of 220MB system 10MB cache and whatever else left for storage on my Skate.

As I had backed up the previous ROM (31/05 CFX build) could I restore this backup and the partitions stay the same?

Guest Redstarr1

Just wondered, I have created and applied my own custom partition of 220MB system 10MB cache and whatever else left for storage on my Skate.

As I had backed up the previous ROM (31/05 CFX build) could I restore this backup and the partitions stay the same?

Yeah that should be no problem, partition sizes don't change with a nandroid restore.

Guest Viento del Sur

Revert to TPT standard

(on skate)

very thx!

Good question. Did you got the answer to that already?

nothing for now! :(

Maybe someone knows. I keep it in the hope ...

Guest Redstarr1

It will have a recovery, but I have no idea which. I don't have my phone because it's in repairs .. Couldn't you see for yourself? If it has no CWM recovery after you TPT, you can always get another TPT with CWM from TPT Helper? It will probably have FTM-recovery though, otherwise why would it be called stock.

Guest Amphoras

nothing for now!

Maybe someone knows. I keep it in the hope ...

Sorry for the delay, all the TPTs for the ZTE Skate that are included in the app have CWM as recovery.

Edited by Amphoras

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Viento del Sur

The master himself ...!!

Thank you very much for your reply.

I had my doubts with the tpt "original" ...

regards

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello Amphoras.

Looks like we have certain Skate models that don't seem to be compatible with TPT Helper.

One user from Uzbekistan reported that phone is stuck on red LED not booting into recovery after applying TPT.

He was able to recover from this state by using my SKatie rom TPT which booted fine (uses different mbns, not ones from your app)

But after that there's another incompatibility regarding bootloader I suppose - flashing different appsboot.mbn from my SKatie TPT broke the phone off charging animation.

Can anything be done about it? Like e.g. add some kind of compatible TPTs into TPT helper?

Attached are the mbns taken from his stock rom to investigate.

Thanks.

GB_RU_P743TV1_mbns.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Anything new? I find this critical because applying TPTs provided by current version of TPT Helper can render phone "bricked" (not booting) on some new Skate models.

I already manually created TPT image for the guy from Uzbekistan I mentioned in my previous post. That TPT uses appsboot.mbn from his stock ROM and all looks to be fine (including power-off charging animation).

Guest Extensis

Im trying to create my own TPT something like cache 20, system 180 the rest is for data.

the problem is nothing is happening just unzipping, im tired of waiting for long. I don't know if there is error or something is really wrong.

Im using ZTE blade Euro gen2 with [iCS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX on it.

I want to upgrade to [DEV][ROM][27.9.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.1)

but I want to change my partition first.

• 2 months later...
Guest RussianKid

Hi

I have a Gen 2, rooted, European Blade with the default partition layout. I am trying to use TPT helper to change the partition layout to let me flash a JellyBean ROM.

I select create custom TPT, 15mb cache, 220mb system, leaving 206mb for data. After this is created, I check the Image directory:

10/12 signatures match, where appsboot.mbn and partition_zte.mbn don't match, and the rest do.

I proceed regardless, and power the phone off to start TPT, and start it with the key combo. The following two lines are printed in green on the screen, and stay there indefinitely, until the battery is removed:

Update from T-Flash card!

load /mmc1/image/qcsblhd_cfgdata.mbn

What should I do differently to make this work?

Guest dbbloke

TPT Helper - Help.

For anyone like me who has spent many hours trying to get TPT helper to work there is a secret.

You press (probably like me you know and are not an idiot, but including just in case)

Volume up (top switch for volume)

Menu (middle horizontal lines)

power (button on right hand side)

BUT

Don't hold onto the power button waiting for some text to come up, it never will.

you NEED to press power JUST BRIEFLY then RELEASE whilst still pressing volume up and menu still.

• 4 months later...
Guest Schwedenbitter

I tried TPT-Helper on 2 Blades and 1 Skate a lot of times. But I got it never to work.

I can't create my own TPT. I ran the whole process and it tells me "TPT successfully created" (in German). But if I check the /image it keeps telling me only 2/4 files do match the md5sum. There is never a match with "appsboot.mbn" and "partition_zte.mbn". I'm not brave enought to just let the TPT run on my phone. I'm to afraid bricking it.

I've already read, it could be because of unsupported ROMs. I'm using paranoid ROM based on CyanogenMod 10.0.

What can I do, to make it working?

If I should try another ROM, which would be the best/most secure for TPT-Helper?

Thanks, Alex

Guest utternoob

You only ever get two matches. The ones you list sound about right, I haven't used it for ages, but from past experience I'd flash it