Sign in to follow this  
ontherocks

Could I upgrade directly to 2.3 from 2.1

Ok. Took the battery out. Everything is working fine. Got a bit tensed :(

I have got some confidence now to go ahead with the upgrade. So I am going to do the following:

Step #1. Copy & Paste all data from SD card to PC

Step #2. Delete all data in the SD card.

Step #3. Follow the TPT instructions part of the tutorial here down to a T

Step #4. Install the Undervolt-Kernel

Step #5. Partition the SD card to create sd-ext

Step #6. Copy & Paste all data from PC back to SD card.

Am I right?

And how do I install the Undervolt-Kernel?

hey i have got ZTE blade android 2.2 phone. Is it possible to upgrade it to android 2.3?

Please suggest.

hey i have got ZTE blade android 2.2 phone. Is it possible to upgrade it to android 2.3?

Please suggest.

Download Mr Pigfish and check if you have a Gen 1 or Gen 2 Blade, the follow the appropriate guide.

You should wipe sd ext, system, boot too. You should find it on Mounts and storage.

Thanks a lot man.

Installed Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 and Undervolt kernel, successfully :). Phone running a lot smoother, and Angry Birds not hanging like it used to do before.

I wiped everything from the phone before installing the ROM.......I mean whatever could be wiped/formatted using Clockwork.

Now I am not sure if the ROM created an sd-ext. How do I check that? I can transfer apps from internal memory to SD card from Application Settings, if that information helps.

One more issue I am facing. I cannot mount the SD card when I connect via USB. Even if I select mount SD card, all I can see is the drive icon & letter in Windows explorer. If I try to open it, it says "please insert drive....."

Only if I go into Clockwork and select mount SD card, then I can open the drive in Windows explorer.

Thanks a lot man.

Installed Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 and Undervolt kernel, successfully :). Phone running a lot smoother, and Angry Birds not hanging like it used to do before.

I wiped everything from the phone before installing the ROM.......I mean whatever could be wiped/formatted using Clockwork.

Now I am not sure if the ROM created an sd-ext. How do I check that? I can transfer apps from internal memory to SD card from Application Settings, if that information helps.

One more issue I am facing. I cannot mount the SD card when I connect via USB. Even if I select mount SD card, all I can see is the drive icon & letter in Windows explorer. If I try to open it, it says "please insert drive....."

Only if I go into Clockwork and select mount SD card, then I can open the drive in Windows explorer.

Any idea about this issue?