[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest jjforums

How do I remove the headset icon from status bar? Is it possible? In this launcher, some names of apps are broken, like: "Configurações" (PT-BR). In the launcher, is showing like this:

"Configuraçõe

s"

Other launchers just fade out or put "..." in the name of application.

I partitioned with Gparted, is it a problem?

13.66GB Fat32

256Mb linux-swap

512Mb ext3

Edited by jjforums

Guest orangeunlock

After a lot of reading - have sucessfully installed this ROM on my (Gen1?) Orange SF here in the UK.

However...I'm trying to get USB OTG to work, so I can back up photos from my digital camera.

Should I be able to do this? Or do I need to look at another ROM.

I have what looks like the right sort of lead (was bought from eBay as USB OTG) but I can never seen my card reader or USB stick - I belive I should see this on the SD card as "external_SD"

The light on my USB key or card reader never comes on - does this mean I have the wrong lead. eBay is full of them -do they have differeing pinouts?

Many thanks!

Guest bladebuddy

I have 2 different USB leads for my phone the first one came with the phone and can be used for both charging by connection to the USB slot in the separate plug, or to transfer data between my phone and my p.c. This is done by putting the USB into the P.C after which a small USB symbol shows in the notification area, which I pull down and select the option to transfer data then you get asked a second time before your sd card contents shows on your P.C this all works fine with this rom.

I have a second USB lead that's very small and spring loaded that can only be used for charging from the USB, this lead will not let me see the sd cards contents on my P.C , not sure if this is the information you are after, but as long as your sd card is working properly you should be able to remove your s.d from your phone and put it in a sd card reader and transfer that way.

Guest DarkCrono

How do I remove the headset icon from status bar? Is it possible? In this launcher, some names of apps are broken, like: "Configurações" (PT-BR). In the launcher, is showing like this:

"Configuraçõe

s"

I partitioned with Gparted, is it a problem?

13.66GB Fat32

256Mb linux-swap

512Mb ext3

I'm a PT-BR user and this is a Launcher problem... Try another 2.3 Gingerbread imitation one...

Guest wakeup12

Do not move apps to SD, let them as internal memory, so they will be located at sd-ext.

To check if this is working type

cd /system/sd/app/app

ls

Them a list with all your downloaded/updated and marked as internal memory apks will be shown.

Thank you for your answer, but when I type this in Terminal Emulator it says cannot CD to that folder. I wrote SU then tried again, but no change...

Guest KonstaT

I know about DarktremorA2SD. I can move dalvik cache on ext partition when the internal memory is filled.But I can make this operation once.When the internal memory is filled again, this operation do not work. Phone reboot and occurs nothing. Why?

Excuse for my English!

Darktremor A2SD only creates a symbolic link between your phone's internal data partition and you sdcard's EXT partition. It only needs to be done once. You can see these links when you do

su
cd /data
ls -l
[/CODE]

in terminal. You should see the links after every directory that is linked to sd-ext. You should also see their content in /system/sd/. It's not recommended to move dalvik cache to sdcard anyway.

"Configuraçõe

s"

There is no easy way to remove the headset icon.

Use a different launcher. I prefer launcher pro with gingerbread.

After a lot of reading - have sucessfully installed this ROM on my (Gen1?) Orange SF here in the UK.

However...I'm trying to get USB OTG to work, so I can back up photos from my digital camera.

Should I be able to do this? Or do I need to look at another ROM.

I have what looks like the right sort of lead (was bought from eBay as USB OTG) but I can never seen my card reader or USB stick - I belive I should see this on the SD card as "external_SD"

The light on my USB key or card reader never comes on - does this mean I have the wrong lead. eBay is full of them -do they have differeing pinouts?

Many thanks!

There isn't any ROMs for Blade that support USB OTG.

There were couple of very experimental kernels for CM7 with OTG support but they caused massive battery drain. Blade's micro USB doesn't output power so you'd need an active USB hub.

Guest wakeup12

A2SD only creates a symbolic link between your phone's internal data partition and you sdcard's EXT partition. It only needs to be done once. You can see these links when you do

su

cd /data

ls -l

When I write this, how can I see that all directories are linked to sd-ext? On terminal emulator I also dont see them.

Guest KonstaT

When I write this, how can I see that all directories are linked to sd-ext? On terminal emulator I also dont see them.

Well, if they are linked you'll see it after every linked directory. E.g. normally when your apps are moved to EXT you'll see:

app -> /system/sd/app

app-private -> /system/sd/app-private

Is there any space used on your EXT partition when you go to Settings -> ROM settings -> Partition info? Can you see anything in your /system/sd/ directory? If not, darktremor is not activated. Wipe data/factory reset or

su
a2sd reinstall
[/CODE]

in terminal.

Guest wakeup12

Well, if they are linked you'll see it after every linked directory. E.g. normally when your apps are moved to EXT you'll see:

app -> /system/sd/app

app-private -> /system/sd/app-private

Is there any space used on your EXT partition when you go to Settings -> ROM settings -> Partition info? Can you see anything in your /system/sd/ directory? If not, darktremor is not activated. Wipe data/factory reset or

su

a2sd reinstall

in terminal.

Thank you! Now I see my external space after reinstalling a2sd!

Guest aermua

hello all

i,m currently using Elite Blade_Rom 2.3.5 (s5) [GB_TELE2_P729VV1.0.0B03] and i,m not sure if its still supported, so i was directed to this rom.

idealy for me is id like to keep the luncher pro interface and the widgets to turn off gps or wifi etc without going in settings.

how does this this rom compare to elite and stuff id like to have please?

many thanks

Guest agpoli

Hm, after weeks without problems, I found that something is draining my battery. BetterBatteryStats says that "ar6k_wow" is keeping the phone awake A LOT. I don't know what it could be. Sometimes a reboot can solve this issue, but not always.

Guest orangeunlock

There isn't any ROMs for Blade that support USB OTG.

There were couple of very experimental kernels for CM7 with OTG support but they caused massive battery drain. Blade's micro USB doesn't output power so you'd need an active USB hub.

Hmmm thanks for that. I'll put it back on eBay then. Any other budget phones that can be made to support USB OTG?

Guest KonstaT

hello all

i,m currently using Elite Blade_Rom 2.3.5 (s5) [GB_TELE2_P729VV1.0.0B03] and i,m not sure if its still supported, so i was directed to this rom.

idealy for me is id like to keep the luncher pro interface and the widgets to turn off gps or wifi etc without going in settings.

how does this this rom compare to elite and stuff id like to have please?

many thanks

This ROM has fully customisable notification power widget. You can install Launcher Pro from the play shop.

Hm, after weeks without problems, I found that something is draining my battery. BetterBatteryStats says that "ar6k_wow" is keeping the phone awake A LOT. I don't know what it could be. Sometimes a reboot can solve this issue, but not always.

ar6k points to Atheros 6000 wifi chipset used in our Blades, so it's most likely something related to wifi. Maybe you have installed something that prevents wifi from sleeping properly? Any changes to wifi sleep policy?

There are optional kernels with different wifi drivers in the first post if you have problems with the wifi driver in general.

Guest Ayush Agnihotri

Hello KonstaT,

My phone keeps randomly restarting after using it for sometime.

It always restarts when I'm browsing my photo gallery.

Could you please help me get rid of the problem.

I'm using a SanDisk Class 6 card.

Thanks and regards.

Guest DellXCD35

I switched over from Fish AND chips to RLS7.

As soon as i started using this i found a bug. The wifi even if connected doesnt allow internet connection. i.e i cannot browse anything. I have to restart to again start using internet.

Secondly the battery life has become miserable. I did battery calib too. still dint help. On the standby without even a single call the battery empties to 2% in 7-8 hours.

When i check the option whats using the battery i can see mobile standby 48% and cell standby 49%.

Can someone please help me with the remedy.

Rest all is rock solid for this one of the best roms

Guest Akash P

The wifi even if connected doesnt allow internet connection.

Secondly the battery life has become miserable.

Try reflashing the ROM again. First make sure your battery is fully charged i.e 100% and only then flash the ROM. Please do wipe everything. I mean EVERYTHING. As for wifi if on reflashing the problem still exists, flash the alternate kernel(s) mentioned in the first post.

Guest agpoli

ar6k points to Atheros 6000 wifi chipset used in our Blades, so it's most likely something related to wifi. Maybe you have installed something that prevents wifi from sleeping properly? Any changes to wifi sleep policy?

There are optional kernels with different wifi drivers in the first post if you have problems with the wifi driver in general.

I always set WiFi policy to 'Never disconnect' and I'm not using 3G. With this configuration and average usage I could get about 2 days uptime, but when this issue kicks in, it drains battery to 0% within 7 hours. The BetterBatteryStats activity counter lists 'ar6k_wow' several thousands times. It seems a lot, like it's switching on and off continuously in a loop.

I didn't installed any new apps for weeks, but I let the existing ones to update from the Market.

I've used the SS7 built-in kernel, but when this battery draining thing came, I also tried the three other optional kernels too. They didn't helped.

Guest joaolage

This problem caused by the SIM Card.

I tested it with different Roms on 2 ZTE Blades with 6 SIM cards of 3 different providers and I can reproduce this error with only one specific SIM card (Austrian YESSS, 1st gerneration SIM card, 0699....)

Solution : Try to add APN Type : default,supl in APN Settings

This fix my problem with this specific SIM card.

Hi there,

I've the same problem...

GPS keeps the search but it dont lock. I've waited like 5-10 minutes and nothing. Thats not an hardware problem because I came from CM and there it worked like a charm.

There is some trick like adding APNs (that I didnt understand) or any fix related?

Thanks,

joaolage

Guest kogos

Which file should i edit to get low battery notification sound back on rls7? I remember it has been answered before but can't find it. I think it can be done without wiping/reflashing, am i right?

Guest KonstaT

Which file should i edit to get low battery notification sound back on rls7? I remember it has been answered before but can't find it. I think it can be done without wiping/reflashing, am i right?

Rename /system/media/audio/ui/LowBattery.old -> .ogg.

Guest AndroiDemon

Hi members/Developers

I saw in some Samsung phones that even when the normal headphones (with out microphone) are plugged in and a call comes, the voice of the call is heard in the headphone and the phone micro phone is still active to make the communication happen. I tried this with Blade, but when head phone is plugged in, the phone microphone automatically gets disabled and hence my voice doesnot reach the other person.

Is there a way to get this working?? I hope if samsung has then should be possible with blade as well..?

Your thoughts please...