[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest thewild

please help me whats the difference between "Swedish Snow Rls7" and "Swedish Snow Rls2" Which rom is the newest... Swedish Snow Rls2's Link is dead can you give any other link...pls pls i really want it..

The one with the highest number is the newest of course, why do you ask ?

Release7 is the latest release and the one you should use.

Guest Filipe_24

Hi guys !

I need some help here please ... I come from CM7 , and a few days back my ZTE Blade with CM 7.1.0 stopped working (i've been using it almost a year with no problems) ,the phone turned off , and it gets stuck on the CM Blue logo ...Loading , and turning off all the time ...I did a wipe , and started to install CM 7.1.0 again , but it doesnt work .. I decided to flash CM7 from the begining ( CM 7.0.0 ,7.0.1 , and so on ) but after i flashed CM 7.0.0 i cant install the next one ... I decided to stay 7.0.0 , but i cant configure a Google Account (not even on the Accounts and Sync menu ) ...

Now , i want to try this Swedish Snow RLS7 , but it has been quite some time since i've done something like this ... So i have all set to flash the ROM , AVF installed , TPT Unpacked to SDCARD , but i have one minor problem : Inside the Image Folder , i have alot of files , so , can one of you guys please remind me wich file i need to check if the MD5 matches ? 'Cause i've done on all the files but no match on the TPT Md5 ...

Edited by Filipe_24

Guest Snap.IT

Hi guys !

I need some help here please ... I come from CM7 , and a few days back my ZTE Blade with CM 7.1.0 stopped working (i've been using it almost a year with no problems) ,the phone turned off , and it gets stuck on the CM Blue logo ...Loading , and turning off all the time ...I did a wipe , and started to install CM 7.1.0 again , but it doesnt work .. I decided to flash CM7 from the begining ( CM 7.0.0 ,7.0.1 , and so on ) but after i flashed CM 7.0.0 i cant install the next one ... I decided to stay 7.0.0 , but i cant configure a Google Account (not even on the Accounts and Sync menu ) ...

Now , i want to try this Swedish Snow RLS7 , but it has been quite some time since i've done something like this ... So i have all set to flash the ROM , AVF installed , TPT Unpacked to SDCARD , but i have one minor problem : Inside the Image Folder , i have alot of files , so , can one of you guys please remind me wich file i need to check if the MD5 matches ? 'Cause i've done on all the files but no match on the TPT Md5 ...

Check the downloaded file (Swedish-Snow-RLS7-TPT.zip) before you unpack it.

It's the same for all packed files you download, you have to check the MD5 against the download, not the unpacked result.

Guest Snap.IT

JUST FLASH STOCK ROM WHICH U GOT WITH PHONE....U WILL GET YOUR IMEI NO. BACK DONT WORRY..I HAD ALSO LOST BUT AFTER FLASHING STOCK ROM I GOT MY IMEI N. BACK.

Apparently that broke your caps lock key. :(

If you upgrade to gen3 via TPT (or if you have a gen3 phone) and then install a custom ROM you HAVE TO use the gen3 fix (the one in the OP for this rom or the one from the CM9 thread for all versions of CM including CM7) or this is exactly what will happen, your IMEI won't be recognized and your RIL won't work.

If you have upgraded your phone to gen3 from gen2 you can TPT back to gen2 and that will fix it but if your phone is a gen3 original phone then that's not possible.

Guest Filipe_24

Check the downloaded file (Swedish-Snow-RLS7-TPT.zip) before you unpack it.

It's the same for all packed files you download, you have to check the MD5 against the download, not the unpacked result.

Thx bro ;) .. Much appreciated :) Just one more thing ,do you recommend this ROM for the Blade ? Or is it another ROM more suitable for this phone ? I have a Zte Blade aka Optimus San Francisco (dont know if there is any other model of Blade really ) ...

EDIT : Ok i got it to work :) ... And it looks very smooth , although it laggs a bit for the first time , but nothing serious :) ... Does this ROM have any theme suport ?

Edited by Filipe_24

Guest wakeup12

What is the real name of the default wallpaper? tnx

Yes, I also could not find it. When we change the wallpaper, we cannot revert it back since I could not find it :/

Guest thewild

Thx bro ;) .. Much appreciated :) Just one more thing ,do you recommend this ROM for the Blade ? Or is it another ROM more suitable for this phone ? I have a Zte Blade aka Optimus San Francisco (dont know if there is any other model of Blade really ) ...

Excellent ROM, good choice. No theme support or thing like that, this is a stock ROM. The only changes made by Konstat are described on the first message of this thread. This is not CM based or anything like that.

It is too close to stock android to my liking (hard to go back to sotck GB once you tried CM10), but great ROM, very stable and battery efficient.

Guest wakeup12

This could be a simple question, but I saw that Gmail has a new update, but I cannot update my gmail app on Google Play. It did not update by itself, too. This update was only for android 4.xx?

Guest Snap.IT

EDIT : Ok i got it to work :) ... And it looks very smooth , although it laggs a bit for the first time , but nothing serious :) ... Does this ROM have any theme suport ?

Personally i have Mokee installed on the SD-card and KonstaKANG CM10 on the NAND as my daily driver (i have a few others installed on my SD-Card too for testing purposes).

Guest Filipe_24

Personally i have Mokee installed on the SD-card and KonstaKANG CM10 on the NAND as my daily driver (i have a few others installed on my SD-Card too for testing purposes).

Really ? Blade supports CM10 ? Or is it ZTE Blade Tablet ? I thought CM10 was made specifically for tablets or higher devices , like S3 ,or Galaxy Nexus ...

Guest elrond_bs

No, neither CM10 or Jelly Bean are for tablets only. Yes, JB is for newer devices (not necessarily high-end) and not supported on Blade, but KonstaT managed to cook an excellent (unofficial, of course) verion for our phones - very stable (for most users) and faster than this ROM. It is nothing new, you just haven't checked the ROM section - here is the link.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest Filipe_24

No, neither CM10 or Jelly Bean are for tablets only. Yes, JB is for newer devices (not necessarily high-end) and not supported on Blade, but KonstaT managed to cook an excellent (unofficial, of course) verion for our phones - very stable (for most users) and faster than this ROM. It is nothing new, you just haven't checked the ROM section - here is the link.

Like i said bro , i havent come here for ages ... Since JellyFish was released ...New ROMS , new ports ,so i wasnt looking good enough ... but now you guys helped me out , im gonna try those ROms for sure :P ... And is it easy for a newbie like me (i only flashed 3 diferent roms with the easier methods) to flash CM10 ? Convert to Gen 2 > Wipe > Install Konsta CM10 zip > Install gapps zip .? or do i need to do some advanced things ?

Oh dude if i was living near Konsta i would buy him a freaking bear :P ... Damm i would buy a freaking barrel :P

Guest bladebuddy

Like i said bro , i havent come here for ages ... Since JellyFish was released ...New ROMS , new ports ,so i wasnt looking good enough ... but now you guys helped me out , im gonna try those ROms for sure :P ... And is it easy for a newbie like me (i only flashed 3 diferent roms with the easier methods) to flash CM10 ? Convert to Gen 2 > Wipe > Install Konsta CM10 zip > Install gapps zip .? or do i need to do some advanced things ?

Oh dude if i was living near Konsta i would buy him a freaking bear :P ... Damm i would buy a freaking barrel :P

I was looking at how many times this rom had been downloaded and if he charged £1 each he would be a multi millionaire and that's just on the number of downloads on the link for this rom.

Guest Snap.IT

Really ? Blade supports CM10 ? Or is it ZTE Blade Tablet ? I thought CM10 was made specifically for tablets or higher devices , like S3 ,or Galaxy Nexus ...

You thought wrong.

Yeah, it's as easy as installing this ROM. :)

Don't buy him a bear though, it might maul him. ;)

Guest MatRpanir

Yeah, it's as easy as installing this ROM. :)

Don't buy him a bear though, it might maul him. ;)

Aha! So I don't need to worry about the 'initailizing build environment' and 'compiling' stuff, all of which has scared me off CM10 'til now?

Can I just iinstall from recovery as usual, I'm confused, but then again that's not unusual :wacko:?

Oh, and I quite like the bear in a barrel idea, could become this years must have gift! :P

Guest elrond_bs

OFFTOPIC: No, man, this stuff you mentioned is for building a version of CM10 yourself :D (it's for developers). Yes, you can install from Recovery - first wipe, install the ROM, then without restarting, immediately install gapps and restart. The only thing you need is at least 160MB system (if you have changed it before). If you have less - use TPT method described in the first page.

Guest Filipe_24

OFFTOPIC: No, man, this stuff you mentioned is for building a version of CM10 yourself :D (it's for developers). Yes, you can install from Recovery - first wipe, install the ROM, then without restarting, immediately install gapps and restart. The only thing you need is at least 160MB system (if you have changed it before). If you have less - use TPT method described in the first page.

Awesome awesom awesome :D ... Im gonna try that out :P Well i dont remember how much do i have on the system ... But im sure gonna use that TPT , and the TPT converts to gen 2 also ... LOOL Did i said bear ? Omfg , my english is getting rusty :P ... Ahaha ... Dude if Konsta ever comes to Portugal , you can bet im gonna buy him a freaking beer barrel :D Thats whats i wanted to say :P ...

Guest BladeRunner10

Any particular reason why you downgraded to stock kernel?

ICS will never be stable (or rather it won't ever be moved to stable since it's missing drivers that will never come, it's very stable for most anyway).

it force closes my applications like mostly alot of it. the stock kernel came with the Swedish Snow RLS7 when I downloaded it. As of now I am a bit contented with my daily ROM. A bit of a problem though, my battery drains faster. Maybe youcan help me with it? :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fahad.sagittarius

I know this ROM does not support S2E as it have build in support for A2SD. But its not working as good as S2E. Only few of the apps are installed on ext3 partition where as in S2E all the apps are installed on ext3 partition. Because of this my internal storage is getting low and i still have 250 mb free space on ext3 partition. How to slove this problem? Or is there any way to make S2E make work on this ROM?

Guest elrond_bs

Do not post 2 consecutive posts! Use the Edit button.

Screen off animation is enabled by default. I haven't tried S2E, but Link2SD works fine, I used it for many months.

Guest fahad.sagittarius

Thank you! Link2sd worked just fine..

Do not post 2 consecutive posts! Use the Edit button.

Screen off animation is enabled by default. I haven't tried S2E, but Link2SD works fine, I used it for many months.

Guest afridi2129

Hi, Thanks for this ROM, I update Zte Blade , Baseband Version GB_TELE2_P729VB01 using this Swedish_Snow_RLs7. Now everything seems perfect only issue i am facing is , Phone is not detecting SIM, and Phone always in Airplane Mode, if i disable it , it automatically enables.

Please Advise. Thanks