[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest rautureiska

New statusbar brightness adjustment in RLS3 doesn't work with add-on SS-RLS3-CenterClock-NoBattery.zip??? Or??

Thanks for very good work KonstaT

Guest ManMetDeHamer

I installed the RLS3 yesterday with the no battery center clock. But the statusbar brightness change does not seem to work.

Can it be the no battery centerclock addon that breaks it?

Guest downloader50

I installed the RLS3 yesterday with the no battery center clock. But the statusbar brightness change does not seem to work.

I havent got the no battery centre clock installed but i still can't get the status bar brightness too work. Auto brightness is turned off also.

Just had a thought I did a battery circle mod in UOT kitchen which modifies the Framework-res.apk and the systemUI.apk could this be what breaks the status bar brightness. Just going to reflash the orginal rls3 to see if it fixes will let you know.

Edited by downloader50

Guest KonstaT

Can someone confirm how i install the zte dialler please.

Did a full wipe, installed the rom then the dialler just get force closes

Boot into clockworkmod. Wipe date/factory reset, flash SS-RLS3 ROM, flash ZTE dialer, reboot.

New statusbar brightness adjustment in RLS3 doesn't work with add-on SS-RLS3-CenterClock-NoBattery.zip??? Or??

Thanks for very good work KonstaT

Have you disabled auto-brightness? Just slide your finger sideways on closed statusbar (before opening it). And it also works with center clock, you just don't know how to use it. ;)

Guest KonstaT

I have tested a T-Mobile UK PAYG SIM and this performs better (in the UK when roaming on Orange, at least, I haven't tested this when roaming outside of the UK - but from a recent visit to Belgium I can confirm that the operator name is constantly reported as "T-Mobile" no matter which Belgian operator I connect to with my T-Mobile UK contract SIM with Swedish Snow RLS2 - CM7 shows the correct network, as previously reported).

It looks as if Phono is grabbing the network name from gsm.operator.alpha - you may be able to confirm this with your phone if Phono shows "Elisa" rather than "Saunalahti"

Have you tried the MVNO patch to rule out the RILs? I already found out last time that the operator name isn't from either gsm.operator.alpha or gsm.sim.operator.alpha. Mine always displays Saunalahti as it should. Operator name is pulled from some hard to find place and I have no idea where to start looking. I remember having similar issue with one AOSP build in the past though and it was never resolved.

Edit. Re-read your post and tested Phono. It does indeed display provider as Elisa and phone line name (fi-HSDPA) as Saunalahti. But Android itself pulls these values from somewhere else.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest ManMetDeHamer

Boot into clockworkmod. Wipe date/factory reset, flash SS-RLS3 ROM, flash ZTE dialer, reboot.

Have you disabled auto-brightness? Just slide your finger sideways on closed statusbar (before opening it). And it also works with center clock, you just don't know how to use it. ;)

Hmm i did not have it on auto, but still it does not work :P maybe my fingers are too big becouse the moment i hit the statusbar it starts opening...

Edited by ManMetDeHamer

Guest MidaMilunk

These work for me together! Did you disable automatic brightness?

This morning I woke up for a surprise. My new RLS3 was unable to switch on the display, I had to remove the battery. It was not the first boot since upgrading from RLS2, since after the first boot, the GPS status was always "on" in the noticication bar, so I restarted it again, when everything looked fine.

I currently use 245-710Mhz InteractiveX and BFQ.

Edited by MidaMilunk

Guest fox2000

Here is AOSP dialer with hdpi graphics. Could someone with facebook account test if the contacts sync work? And if it doesn't, any ideas why? I thought that gingerbread still had native facebook sync. Google removed (or created new API for) it in ICS, but afaik it should work in gingerbread.

SS-RLS3-AOSP-Dialer.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?s6xc2t75toq1950

MD5:BEB66634D4D8D11BC7D3A5FC37ECB804

Does it work with MMHMP too? If so, I could test it.

Edited by fox2000

Guest downloader50

Thanks for advice I was rebooting between installing rom and installing zte dialler

Guest downloader50

Hmm i did not have it on auto, but still it does not work :P maybe my fingers are too big becouse the moment i hit the statusbar it starts opening...

KonstaT is correct it does work even with the battery circle mod etc you have to be precise where you slide your finger and do it slowly. Too me it is too difficult to use to be of much use but an interesting idea.

Guest KonstaT

Does it work with MMHMP too? If so, I could test it.

Yeah, it works. Wipe shouldn't be needed if you have MMHMP with CM7 dialer. Might be best to clear data for Contact.apk and ContactsProvider.apk using Titanium if you're planning on testing the facebook contacts sync. :P

Guest fox2000

Yeah, it works. Wipe shouldn't be needed if you have MMHMP with CM7 dialer. Might be best to clear data for Contact.apk and ContactsProvider.apk using Titanium if you're planning on testing the facebook contacts sync. :P

I confirm it's broken. Facebook app doesn't even have the option to provide sync.

Guest daaneel

I just got how to get the status bar brightness sliding thing down btw :)

It works with the grey battery circle UOT mod I made if anyone was wondering!

http://www.mediafire.com/?3rw591vuoafj2ac

What did the trick for me was pausing my finger on the status bar for a second first before starting to slide (& then sliding slowly as said before).

It still works, even if the notification black pull down bar appears (doesnt work if you pull it down and text becomes visible),

It's a cool feature, but for me it's quicker to just adjust it from the notification bar plus you feel much more in control (with the sliding your never really sure at what % you are). Easiest is still auto-brightness imho!

Guest CoccoBill

And the circle closes. ;) We're back with the old non-T9 version of CM7 dialer. Everything should work ok with this one. There is still one very small graphic glitch and also try not to blacklist any numbers. ;)

SS-RLS3-CM7-Dialer.zip

http://www.mediafire...cwbvvkhbiefkw82

MD5:E9CAFA005CDC77F70FC0CCB8921E93C2

Thanks KonstaT!

Now everything is working perfectly (at least for me).

What's the small graphic glitch you talking about? I don't see any...

Facebook is syncing, "join" function is working.

All the latest features are working (the status bar brightness sliding thing too, thanks to daaneel).

Camera, gps, proximity sensor... anything!

Thanks a lot!

Have you tried the MVNO patch to rule out the RILs?

I tried it but got the same issue with the operator name stuck on "T-Mobile" when roaming, unfortunately.

One difference, though, is that gsm.operator.isroaming has the value "true" when roaming on Orange with my T-Mobile UK contract SIM with the standard installation of SS (presumably with the Saunalahti RILs) but has value "false" after I apply the MVNO patch.

Guest urbanfrit

And the circle closes. ;) We're back with the old non-T9 version of CM7 dialer. Everything should work ok with this one. There is still one very small graphic glitch and also try not to blacklist any numbers. ;)

SS-RLS3-CM7-Dialer.zip

http://www.mediafire...cwbvvkhbiefkw82

I have just flashed the T9 version of RLS3 then flashed the ZTE dialler. I use facebook. Would I be wise to start again with the non T9 version above?

Edit: My mistake, it's just the dialler above. So i am OK to carry on without flashing this before flashing the ZTE dialler. (I hope!)

Edited by urbanfrit

Guest fox2000

SS-RLS3-CM7-Dialer.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?cwbvvkhbiefkw82

ok ty for providing the "good" dialer as standalone update :)

What's the problem with blacklisting any number?

Guest cHunter

Because it's more annoying than usefull?

For many people it's very usefully, for example when you are in noisy place. Is there any chance to add this vibration as an option? When I will replace the phone.apk with old one the vibration will back but does it change something else in functionality of the new ROM?

Edit: I'm talking about -call connect vibrate disabled

Edited by cHunter

Guest eirlysbill1

You can use Phone.apk from RLS2. Might be best to add it into the ROM .zip before flashing.

KonstaT,

I can see the annoyance of the vibrate upon a call being answered. But I have a good use for it: I often ring a number that has menu choices, so once the phone vibrates, I then just type the menu choice from memory. Saves the little hassle of putting the phone up to the ear twice. I'm used to the buzz by now. Its a habit huh.gif

Only thing is, no comprendo, about the phone.apk. I did open the RLS2 zip file in windows to have a look for it, but no joy. I'm assuming that I just need to find that file in rls2 then copy and paste into the same folder in rls3. If that's right, where is the phone.apk found? If not... I need a little help please

Thanks,

Bill

Guest KonstaT

What's the small graphic glitch you talking about? I don't see any...

Wrong graphic is displayed when adding new contact. Dial some number -> menu -> add to contacts and there you can see evdo signalbar icon. It's pulled from framework-res.apk and it could be changed there because it isn't really used anywhere. Rather have it properly fixed inside Contacts.apk. I've gpep'ed the whole Contacts.apk to see where it's called but haven't still found it.

What's the problem with blacklisting any number?

Actually I don't think this one even has blacklist option. It was one of the issues with the T9 version. Blacklisting worked, but the tricky part was to get number un-blacklisted. ;)

Guest KonstaT

For many people it's very usefully, for example when you are in noisy place. Is there any chance to add this vibration as an option? When I will replace the phone.apk with old one the vibration will back but does it change something else in functionality of the new ROM?

Edit: I'm talking about -call connect vibrate disabled

KonstaT,

I can see the annoyance of the vibrate upon a call being answered. But I have a good use for it: I often ring a number that has menu choices, so once the phone vibrates, I then just type the menu choice from memory. Saves the little hassle of putting the phone up to the ear twice. I'm used to the buzz by now. Its a habit huh.gif

Only thing is, no comprendo, about the phone.apk. I did open the RLS2 zip file in windows to have a look for it, but no joy. I'm assuming that I just need to find that file in rls2 then copy and paste into the same folder in rls3. If that's right, where is the phone.apk found? If not... I need a little help please

Thanks,

Bill

Changing Phone.apk from RLS2 only affects the call connect vibrate. It can be found at /system/app/Phone.apk.

I was trying to keep number of add-ons minimal, but I can make one for this later. I'm at a wrong computer now...

Guest eirlysbill1

Changing Phone.apk from RLS2 only affects the call connect vibrate. It can be found at /system/app/Phone.apk.

I was trying to keep number of add-ons minimal, but I can make one for this later. I'm at a wrong computer now...

Thanks, I'm really going to school here. Had no idea what a apk was, but searched the web; found the definition; then realised it was it the app folder. I'm in the process of unziping the rom folders to copy and paste, and delete the phone.apk in rls3. Then reflash, hope that's right. If not, I'll keep a copy of rls3 as a backup. Sorry mate shouldn't troubled you.

Thanks again

EDIT: I think that's over my head. Wouldn't install my new zip file. No worries, I can wait for an add on, or perhaps learn how to do it right, when I have more time

Edited by eirlysbill1