[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest nativelion

Hi KonstaT

I found that when I put my phone in "airplane mode" when I disable it, the netword is no coming. I need to reboot the phone.

Can you pls check it whether it is a bug or a problem of my own device?

Thanks

Guest KonstaT

I found that when I put my phone in "airplane mode" when I disable it, the netword is no coming. I need to reboot the phone.

Can you pls check it whether it is a bug or a problem of my own device?

Works ok for me.

Is it just me or is the battery life much worst that MMHMP9?

Can I also add a request for the vibrate on answer patch. I find it really useful.

Generally speaking this should have slightly better battery performance thanks to undervolting bits. You should always give a new ROM couple of charge cycles before drawing any conclusions on battery life.

Add-on to re-enable vibrate on answer.

SS-RLS3-Call-Connect-Vibrate.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?8azgabl2zxan8kg

MD5:16F1BDA4DF3B3E691B2B76719F49D77A

Guest Shahmatt

I use the SMS popup app on any new ROM I install because it pops up the SMS outside of the locked screen so that I can view, close and quick reply without having to unlock the phone.

I think this app is extremely useful because I get more than 20 messages a day and it can become a hassle to unlock each time to view.

I'm not sure if this has been done in any ROM. But I wonder if you, or anyone else here, can work out an alternative version for integration with the ROM.

Thanks, I'm really going to school here. Had no idea what a apk was, but searched the web; found the definition; then realised it was it the app folder. I'm in the process of unziping the rom folders to copy and paste, and delete the phone.apk in rls3. Then reflash, hope that's right. If not, I'll keep a copy of rls3 as a backup. Sorry mate shouldn't troubled you.

Thanks again

EDIT: I think that's over my head. Wouldn't install my new zip file. No worries, I can wait for an add on, or perhaps learn how to do it right, when I have more time

It's quite easy. Just open RLS2 and RLS3 with winrar, put both windows side to side, click, drag and drop phone.apk from RLS2 to the same folder on RLS3, a window will popup asking if you want to replace the file, click ok and you're done. No need to unzip, re-zip and so on ^^,

Edit: my bad, there was an addon posted by konstat already, anyway, doesn't hurt to know.

Edited by Tetas

Guest KingsizeX

Hi people!

Just want to share my SS3 Add-ons Thread at the Themes Section in case you miss it.

Head on here and enjoy Swedish Snow Mondego Add-ons

For now I have a simple Splash Screen to give some personality to our beloved Swedish Snow 3 but stay tunned as I'll be creating some more add-ons in the future.

Guest andy9876

Works ok for me.

Generally speaking this should have slightly better battery performance thanks to undervolting bits. You should always give a new ROM couple of charge cycles before drawing any conclusions on battery life.

Add-on to re-enable vibrate on answer.

SS-RLS3-Call-Connect-Vibrate.zip

http://www.mediafire...8azgabl2zxan8kg

MD5:16F1BDA4DF3B3E691B2B76719F49D77A

Many thanks

Guest eirlysbill1

It's quite easy. Just open RLS2 and RLS3 with winrar, put both windows side to side, click, drag and drop phone.apk from RLS2 to the same folder on RLS3, a window will popup asking if you want to replace the file, click ok and you're done. No need to unzip, re-zip and so on ^^,

Edit: my bad, there was an addon posted by konstat already, anyway, doesn't hurt to know.

no bad at all; thanks for the tip re: winrar. never heard of it before

Burstlam has added support for OV5640 camera sensor. Since I still have no information in which devices this sensor is used, could someone who has camera issues test this kernel? matje103 could you test this and report back? Also someone with indian idea blade should test this.

It's actually the only camera sensor that is enabled in swedish stock kernel, but wasn't in custom kernel.

It's built from what's in my github atm. 200mhz & 403mhz cpu freqs enabled and support for OV5640 camera.

Hi i have an Idea Blade and here is the camera info by typing *983*24474636#

Camera Information:

ID:0x5ca

Nmae:No sensor or error ID!

And how can i test using Swedish Snow RLS3 thanks

Edited by jerrin

Guest probals

Superb ROM KonstaT. Best one here or on XDA.

Really enjoying using it (RLS1 till date). Updating to RLS3 now with vibrate & stock kernel add -ons.

Had asked for stock kernal bcoz of WiFi issues. See that you have added that too. Will report back in case of issues.

You are a champ, lad!

P

Guest eirlysbill1

Thanks for the best rom ever.

+1

EDIT:

PS: This (below) sounds like a great idea and something to keep an eye on, as more app themes become inverted.These are supposed to save battery life on OLED phones.

oled-friendly-dark-google-apps.

http://www.rujelus22.com/evo/

Does anyone know if this is compatible with the Blade, and more importantly RLS3? KonstaT as made a great rom here and I wouldn't want to lose that for this. At least not until there are many more inverted apps available.

Cheers

Edited by eirlysbill1

Guest KonstaT

Thanks, KonstaT, for your great work!

Is it possible for you to build a PDroid patch for your ROM?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1357056

Will have to look into this. Needs to be tested thoroughly, I have some concerns how this might affect general stability. This probably won't be included as default. Those patchers seem to be quite easy to use though, so it shoudn't be to difficult to do by any user who thinks this patch is necessary.

no gen 3 love?

Actually you can use gen3 patcher from MMHMP. I think that should work. ;) I'm still not sure if I'm going to add 'official' gen1/gen3 support. There really isn't any reason to encourage people to stay gen1/update to gen3. There are now blades in Sweden that are sold as gen3 though...

Hi i have an Idea Blade and here is the camera info by typing *983*24474636#

Camera Information:

ID:0x5ca

Nmae:No sensor or error ID!

And how can i test using Swedish Snow RLS3 thanks

Backup your current ROM with clockworkmod. Wipe data/factory reset. Install Swedish Snow RLS3. Test if camera works.

If camera doesn't work with custom kernel that is included in the ROM, you can install stock kernel as add-on.

Thanks for the best rom ever.

Thanks for your kind words. :)

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Tobi1719

Hi, This ROM is great, but is there any way to change dialer?

In SS RL3 is very simple one, can't even change something. In MMHM RL9 is with T9 and settings.

Edited by Tobi1719

Guest KonstaT

PS: This (below) sounds like a great idea and something to keep an eye on, as more app themes become inverted.These are supposed to save battery life on OLED phones.

oled-friendly-dark-google-apps.

http://www.rujelus22.com/evo/

Does anyone know if this is compatible with the Blade, and more importantly RLS3? KonstaT as made a great rom here and I wouldn't want to lose that for this. At least not until there are many more inverted apps available.

Cheers

Nice find. I've always been more fan of black and if you like that inverted thing, you might also like blackle. If that was used in homes/offices world wide, it would actually save energy.

I'm not sure if they're compatible, but they are certainly not market updatable. They might look cooler, but I doubt they'll significantly save battery even with OLED displays. There's only limited screen on time you spend using google apps.

Hi, This ROM is great, but is there any way to change dialer?

In SS RL3 is very simple one, can't even change something. In MMHM RL9 is with T9 and settings.

There are couple of dialer options in the first post. CM7 T9 dialer had too many issues and it won't be included anymore.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest downloader50

is there a way to get the asop dialler to open by default showing the dial pad mine opens showing the call log which is pretty useless

Edit: sorted - realise that the dialer opens the last view so if you close it with the dial pad showing it opens in same view.

Edited by downloader50

Guest eirlysbill1

Nice find. I've always been more fan of black and if you like that inverted thing, you might also like blackle. If that was used in homes/offices world wide, it would actually save energy.

I'm not sure if they're compatible, but they are certainly not market updatable. They might look cooler, but I doubt they'll significantly save battery even with OLED displays. There's only limited screen on time you spend using google apps.

Cheers for the reply. Yeah, that makes sense re: just changing apps; maybe a whole theme would be better? But in saying that, readability has to be there. Just went to that blackle site, and because of bright sunlight coming through my window, that black screen was just about worthless.

Yeah we do have bright sunshine in Wales, once or twice a year biggrin.gif

Nope

Malaysian TPT = boots

Moldovian TPT = fails to boot

Comviq TPT = fails to boot

Something has been changed in the later Gen 3 TPT's

Also the lib's have changed since moldovian

Here they are in a signed zip

http://www.mediafire...6d1io3s7py1938h

Actually you can use gen3 patcher from MMHMP. I think that should work. ;) I'm still not sure if I'm going to add 'official' gen1/gen3 support. There really isn't any reason to encourage people to stay gen1/update to gen3. There are now blades in Sweden that are sold as gen3 though...

Edited by Shonk

Guest KonstaT

Nope

Malaysian TPT = boots

Moldovian TPT = fails to boot

Comviq TPT = fails to boot

Something has been changed in the later Gen 3 TPT's

Also the lib's have changed since moldovian

Here they are in a signed zip

http://www.mediafire...6d1io3s7py1938h

I really can't understand what you mean. What are you trying to do with these TPTs?

I've changed 21 files to convert gen3 ROM into gen2. I md5 matched those 21 gen3 files between moldovan and swedish updates. Only three have changed: libcm.so, libril-qc-1.so and libril-qcril-hook-oem.so. Comviq ROM possibly just has some operator specific RILs. There isn't anything that stops gen2 ROM from booting in gen3 device or vice versa. Only the mobile network and GPS won't work.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest elrond_bs

Everyone, check your hash values when downloading from Mediafire! I had to download SS-RLS3-Call-Connect-Vibrate.zip 5 times to get the correct hash and I have very decent connection. The other addons were fine from the first download.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest sumdumguy

Any chance of a kernel with all the advanced features of overclocking etc without undervolting ?

the uv kernel on any rom makes my device horrible with worse battery life, i guess from wifi/proximity/etc devices constantly restarting/reseting/whatever... gen1 orange san francisco converted to gen2 by tpt

Edited by sumdumguy