[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Davidoff59

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=22821526

Nah I don't think it was to do with how it was asked, more the amount of requests more likely.

I wasn't rude in my email in any way.

Guest kyoshosan

Here is a kernel built from the new ZTE Blade source. I haven't added any tweaks or anything so this is comparable to stock kernel. All I've added are missing netfilter files, which I copied from Turies source (the compiler will tell you what files are missing). Built using the config from Swedish stock kernel (just added "+" to kernel local version).

This is for testing purposes only. I would appreciate if someone with hardware issues (camera, proximity) could test this one out and report back. I've been running this for today and all the things that you'd expect to work should be working. This kernel also uses the newer wifi driver and it's bundled in the package.

Hi KonstaT,

Just tested you new kernel with a dutch ZTE blade 5MP bought at bol 2nd week of 2012.

After installing the new kernel i get a can't connect to camera device error.

When using your standard rls4b kernel i do get a upside down preview window but as soon as i press the shutter button it FC's. BUT if i use the elitemovil s5 boot.img with your rls4b.. the camera almost works. You can take a picture without the camera app FCing but it's still upside down.

I've checked the camera chip ID previously and if i'm not misstaken MT911.. hope this helps.

Guest matje103

They just released it. :D I guess it depends how you ask them. ;)

This is the response I got:

AWESOME!! *sudden urge to sing barbara streisand* whohohohohoho

Guest KonstaT

Hi KonstaT,

Just tested you new kernel with a dutch ZTE blade 5MP bought at bol 2nd week of 2012.

After installing the new kernel i get a can't connect to camera device error.

When using your standard rls4b kernel i do get a upside down preview window but as soon as i press the shutter button it FC's. BUT if i use the elitemovil s5 boot.img with your rls4b.. the camera almost works. You can take a picture without the camera app FCing but it's still upside down.

I've checked the camera chip ID previously and if i'm not misstaken MT911.. hope this helps.

Thanks for testing. This was sort of expected as it doesn't work with the stock kernel either. Next you'll have to start emailing ZTE for a valid froyo .32 kernel source. ;) 'Can't connect to camera' error wasn't expected though. MT9T11X camera should be supported.

Elitemovil doesn't share his sources so no one knows what's in there. I always thought it was the same burstlam's source that I'm also using.

Edited by KonstaT

It might help if I knew what it is supposed to do after it's connected with bluetooth. What's it used for?

Thanx for helping me out and trying to find the problem! After its connected it must setup the telephonesettings, so I can call with my tomtom. In previous roms, it connected and got 3 types of connection:

- telephonebook (copies al the contact to the tomtom)

- DTMF (?)

- last one I forgot..... mad.gifmad.gif

Hope it can help you with finding the problem, must be something in the phonesettings!

Guest matje103

Here is a kernel built from the new ZTE Blade source. I haven't added any tweaks or anything so this is comparable to stock kernel. All I've added are missing netfilter files, which I copied from Turies source (the compiler will tell you what files are missing). Built using the config from Swedish stock kernel (just added "+" to kernel local version).

This is for testing purposes only. I would appreciate if someone with hardware issues (camera, proximity) could test this one out and report back. I've been running this for today and all the things that you'd expect to work should be working. This kernel also uses the newer wifi driver and it's bundled in the package.

Hi KonstaT,

I tested this new kernel and everything seems to work fine (so far!!) except for the wifi driver and camera.

The wifidriver does connect to my router, but I cannot access internet in any way. I can't browse the internet nor can I update statuses via tweetdeck for example.

The camera, ah the camera. Same story as with all previous kernels (except for my stock one). I get the "can't connect to camera" error, and then force closes.

If there's anything more to test, I'm glad to help!

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for testing. This was sort of expected as it doesn't work with the stock kernel either. Next you'll have to start emailing ZTE for a valid froyo .32 kernel source. ;) 'Can't connect to camera' error wasn't expected though. MT9T11X camera should be supported.

Elitemovil doesn't share his sources so no one knows what's in there. I always thought it was the same burstlam's source that I'm also using.

Isn't MT9T11X the driver for the 3MP sensor where T stands for Triple or Trio? For new users with the 5MP sensor you should look for something like this MT9P whereas the P stands for penta.

Guest DarkCrono

and what i can do????

i must try to return to swedish snow rls3?

help

try this

su

cd /system/sd/app

ls

if there is any .apk inside it, so a2sd is working well. Otherwise the dalvik's cache is to big, so try to move it to sdcard to

I've tried this version (phone manufactured in December) and the problem with the camera persists.

Edited by Guest

Guest KonstaT

Hi KonstaT,

I tested this new kernel and everything seems to work fine (so far!!) except for the wifi driver and camera.

The wifidriver does connect to my router, but I cannot access internet in any way. I can't browse the internet nor can I update statuses via tweetdeck for example.

The camera, ah the camera. Same story as with all previous kernels (except for my stock one). I get the "can't connect to camera" error, and then force closes.

If there's anything more to test, I'm glad to help!

Keep up the good work!

I've tried this version (phone manufactured in December) and the problem with the camera persists.

Thank you both for testing. :)

Burstlam has released kernel based on the new source so test that next and report to that thread.

He actually knows something about kernel development unlike me. ;)

Thank you both for testing. smile.gif

Burstlam has released kernel based on the new source so test that next and report to that thread.

http://android.modac...sed-custom-rom/

He actually knows something about kernel development unlike me. wink.gif

Thanks for the suggestion. The Burstlam release has solved error problem at the camera app start (the image is shown inverted), however when the capture option is selected the app returns another error.

Edited by Guest

Guest d_borghi

try this

su

cd /system/sd/app

ls

if there is any .apk inside it, so a2sd is working well. Otherwise the dalvik's cache is to big, so try to move it to sdcard to

there are a lot of apk.

but why when i install an app, the free internal memory decrease?

and after another a2sd reinstall nothing changes?

i don't undestand.

tnx

Guest DarkCrono

there are a lot of apk.

but why when i install an app, the free internal memory decrease?

and after another a2sd reinstall nothing changes?

i don't undestand.

tnx

Yes, the internal memory decreases, because the dalvik's cache is inside it, and whenever you install a app, it create the dalvik's cache.

If you really need ALL that apps, try to move dalvik's cache to sd card or to /cache,

su

a2sd cachesd

or

a2sd cachepart

respectively.

Guest d_borghi

Yes, the internal memory decreases, because the dalvik's cache is inside it, and whenever you install a app, it create the dalvik's cache.

If you really need ALL that apps, try to move dalvik's cache to sd card or to /cache,

su

a2sd cachesd

or

a2sd cachepart

respectively.

Ok,

thank you.

bye

db

Guest Magnets

With your kernel i have lags on my bluetooth headset (music). With stock kernel all ok. I think its CPU-Undervolting. CM7 without undervolting works fine. In RLS5 please add your kernel without cpu-uv.

Agreed on the UV, make it optional for those who want it.

I would also like to request a non-undervolted non-stock kernel.

Edited by Magnets

Here is a kernel built from the new ZTE Blade source....

This is for testing purposes only.

Hi KonstaT, everyone,

I tested this new kernel the last 24h with SS_RLS4b.

I haven't no problems, all works fine. Faster contact with BT and even no hitches (lags) on my S9-HD headphones.

No OC possibility, but I don't use it.

I bought the Blade end of March previous year in France (oled screen and 3.2 Mpix camera).

Edited by Grejo

Guest uumeshh

http://android.modac...sed-custom-rom/

He actually knows something about kernel development unlike me.

thanks for the link. i have an Indian blade. this kernel has solved the camera issue. finally i have a fully working phone. thanks to you KonstaT and Burstlam.

Edited by uumeshh

Guest skinbob

I have already updated my phone to gen2 using wbaw TPT method. Is it safe for me to use the All-in-one TPT installation for this ROM, I ask this as I thought that doing a gen2 update when your phone is already gen2 can brick it. Thanks

Guest KonstaT

I would also like to request a non-undervolted non-stock kernel.

Afaik the CPU undervolting causes no issues, not at least with this ROM. People are reporting random harware issues and blame it on the CPU undervolting. It can't even in theory make your music lag or cause you sensor issues. Issues that it could cause, would be freezes and reboots. After several thousand downloads I've had exactly zero reports of such behaviour with the undervolted kernel.

Kernel source is available in my github. Feel free to add/remove anything and compile a kernel that suits your needs.

Hi KonstaT!

Do you have plans to implement UV into the new kernel?

It was working fine so I think it was a useful feature.

I have no plans regarding the new kernel at the moment.

I have already updated my phone to gen2 using wbaw TPT method. Is it safe for me to use the All-in-one TPT installation for this ROM, I ask this as I thought that doing a gen2 update when your phone is already gen2 can brick it. Thanks

Yes, it is perfectly safe. You can also use the regular clockwork method to install now that you've already updated to gen2.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest DarkCrono

Afaik the CPU undervolting causes no issues, not at least with this ROM. People are reporting random harware issues and blame it on the CPU undervolting. It can't even in theory make your music lag or cause you sensor issues. Issues that it could cause, would be freezes and reboots. After several thousand downloads I've had exactly zero reports of such behaviour with the undervolted kernel.

On another topic someone said to raise the minimum CPU frequency that solves the BT and music lag.