[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest gunapriyan

Hai,

Actually I am unable to get circle battery in status bar.

I have installed appropriate zip file using CWM.....

What can i do?

Regards,

Guna

Really don't have a clou...just tried rsl5 and the phone still cannot connect with tomtom..... last week I went back to mmhmp and it's working again....i absolutely want to use this rom, but need bt. @konstat, did you check the differences in this rom and mmhmp with the phone settings? Bt can connect but there must have been changed something with the phone settings. Hope you'll help me and we can find this!

Guest gunapriyan

Dear Developer,

Thanks for your Superb ROM...

I shall be happy if you could tell about configure the "Proximity - Calibration"

Because every call, I have faced the problem. The screen went black.

So please tell how to set the proximity calibration in Swedish Snow.....

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Guna

Guest adonwenas

Its only me or some people's here. That screen refresh everytimes... no matters what application that im using.

For example are my PES 2011, camera, gallery or angry birds its always black/pause the games. It really disturbing ...

sent from V880 using Tapatalk

Guest rwalton159

Dear Developer,

Thanks for your Superb ROM...

I shall be happy if you could tell about configure the "Proximity - Calibration"

Because every call, I have faced the problem. The screen went black.

So please tell how to set the proximity calibration in Swedish Snow.....

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Guna

Try this:

Settings - ROM settings - Proximity sensor calibration - press calib - ok

:)

Guest miljanvekic

I've using this rom for a few days now and it's really smooth and good for every-day use, but I really miss 3 thing from CM7:

-new CM7 dialer with smart search

-next and previous song with volume buttons

-led notifications.

If these things were included it would be a perfect rom for me! :-)

Guest gunapriyan

Dear Mr.Rwalton,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually today morning I have updated ICS theme for this ROM.

So in ROM Settings there is no option like "Proximity"

Is there any soft key to go to "Proximity Settings.?

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks & Regards,

Guna

Try this:

Settings - ROM settings - Proximity sensor calibration - press calib - ok

:)

Guest KonstaT

bug 如图片蓝色方框中显示,中文字幕第二行的文字剃尾,麻烦作者修改一下,谢谢

I have no idea what that means, picture is nice though. Something about shaving a tail? :P Are you asking me to remove what's inside the box or is it missing something? This is an english speaking forum, so you might want try that to get your message through.

Really don't have a clou...just tried rsl5 and the phone still cannot connect with tomtom..... last week I went back to mmhmp and it's working again....i absolutely want to use this rom, but need bt. @konstat, did you check the differences in this rom and mmhmp with the phone settings? Bt can connect but there must have been changed something with the phone settings. Hope you'll help me and we can find this!

If you want to experiment you can try switching some system apps from MMHMP. They are all signed with the same key so most of them probably work. If it's something with Phone.apk I can't do anything about it. The resources side is broken by ZTE. I have no idea what causes your issue and can't do much unless you can provide more information.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

I've using this rom for a few days now and it's really smooth and good for every-day use, but I really miss 3 thing from CM7:

-new CM7 dialer with smart search

-next and previous song with volume buttons

-led notifications.

If these things were included it would be a perfect rom for me! :-)

Putting the CM7 T9 dialer to a non-CM7 ROM caused few issues. It's still in MMHMP-RLS9 and if you really wan't it, you could use Contact.apk and ContactProvider.apk from that ROM.

This ROM has 'next and previous song with volume buttons' and 'led notifications'.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Dear Mr.Rwalton,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually today morning I have updated ICS theme for this ROM.

So in ROM Settings there is no option like "Proximity"

Is there any soft key to go to "Proximity Settings.?

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks & Regards,

Guna

You can't use themes that weren't made using RLS5 files. You need to re-install Swedish Snow RLS5.

Guest KonstaT

Kernels

Here is a kernel built from the new ZTE Blade source. This should fix touchscreen/camera/sensor issues some users are having. Also the new wifi driver is included. Please test wifi and report if you have issues (with connecting/speed). This should have all of the features that were in the previous kernel. If everything works ok, I'll put this as default into RLS6. I've been forking burstlam's source again, so thanks and massive appreciation to him. Complete source here.

SS-RLS5-New-Source-Kernel-v2-Gen2.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?7nfdync13zw6trt

MD5:6A04B164C395177FB66AC9F592EA3D33

Edit. V2 with CM7 wifi driver.

Here is package that will revert to old Turies based kernel and old wifi driver. This is the same kernel as in RLS5 but with the CPU Spy (time_in_state) issue fixed.

SS-RLS5-Old-Source-Kernel-Gen2.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?2262b1hm7z2x6c4

MD5:5090A2A17EB875ECFF0132BCDEB0FB50

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

damn KonstaT, don't u ever work, i mean, u have 24/7 suport for your rom ? :)

Well, I sit ~14 hours in front of computers most days. Tough life I have. :P

Guest miljanvekic

First of all KonstaT, thank you for your quick reply! You are right, led notification is there, but for me it's not working for missed calls, just for new sms.

And ''next-prev. song with volume buttons'' is also there, but it's not behaving the same way as in CM7. It changes the song and unlocks my phone, and then it's working just for volume, until the phone is locked again. I will play more with this and try your advice for Contacts.apk. Thank you again for this very good rom!

Guest thewild

First of all KonstaT, thank you for your quick reply! You are right, led notification is there, but for me it's not working for missed calls, just for new sms.

And ''next-prev. song with volume buttons'' is also there, but it's not behaving the same way as in CM7. It changes the song and unlocks my phone, and then it's working just for volume, until the phone is locked again. I will play more with this and try your advice for Contacts.apk. Thank you again for this very good rom!

I have to say that next/prev with volume buttons is the only reason for my switching to CM7. Any android phone is useless as a musicp layer without this.

Now, is the behaviour described by miljanvekic normal ? Or is it a bug ? I don't think this is how it is supposed to work, but I might be mistaken.

If next/prev song is included in your rom and working like in CM7, I'll switch back to SS ASAP ! :)

I have to say I also like the very extensive power control widget of CM7, but I can definitely live without that.

Oh no, I forgot about the volume being too loud in MMHMP (it's fine in CM7), I wonder if the new kernels will fix this on my Blade. I definitively have to give your new ROM a try ! ;)

Guest MidaMilunk

Can not browse files on the phone from PC Bluetooth client...Is it a bug, or a feature?Can connect anyway, and send/receive files one-by one. My mate says it works out-of-the-box with CM7. Is it a known difference? What application can you guys recommend to have this feature?

Guest MidaMilunk

Kernels

SS-RLS5-New-Source-Kernel-Gen2.zip

http://www.mediafire...jmz7pb76w2gtcc8

MD5:C81D364BA79FEF216E4F09C40E5DC607

Gonna try the new one... I have left SS-RLS4b because every 45 minutes of in-car navigation with charging always caused a fast reboot (only Android, not Linux).

This morning I reacher my workplace in shorter time, but when I stopped, I noticed that Waze exited. Since currently I do not have PIN I do not know if it was a fastboot, or just Waze left the deck.

Guest gunapriyan

Sir,

Thanks for your reply.

And i have installed Proximity App from Market and done it.

Thanks.

Regards,

Guna

You can't use themes that weren't made using RLS5 files. You need to re-install Swedish Snow RLS5.

Guest gunapriyan

Dear KonstaT,

Thanks for your effort for us.

24x7 is a not easy one...superb....

Keep it up.

You people make live our community.

Thanks

Guna

Well, I sit ~14 hours in front of computers most days. Tough life I have. :P

Guest daaneel

volume prev - next song works fine for me.

when the screens turned off a long press is prev-next song whereas short press is volume up-down, no waking up from deepsleep caused by this.

only thing I would like to see added is next-prev album with a really long press (no idea if this is possible).

volume is fine for me too, I put it about half in a bus/train/car, on my bicycle almost on the highest volume.

Guest Grejo

Kernels

Here is a kernel built from the new ZTE Blade source. This should fix touchscreen/camera/sensor issues some users are having. Also the new wifi driver is included. Please test wifi and report if you have issues (with connecting/speed). This should have all of the features that were in the previous kernel. If everything works ok, I'll put this as default into RLS6. I've been forking burstlam's source again, so thanks and massive appreciation to him. Complete source here.

SS-RLS5-New-Source-Kernel-Gen2.zip

wifi: connecting ok, but only 11 Mbps speed

(tpt from gen1 to gen2, bought end mars 2011 in France, oled screen)

Guest MidaMilunk

+1 on the 11 Mbit :( It is a known and already corrected misbehaviour in CM7 ROMs also. Recent ones (since the beginning of this month) already work fine. Good to have the original one!

Guest KonstaT

+1 on the 11 Mbit :( It is a known and already corrected misbehaviour in CM7 ROMs also. Recent ones (since the beginning of this month) already work fine. Good to have the original one!

Apparently it needs the whole wifi directory from CM7. Should connect now at 54mbps. I have no idea where Tom G has pulled these files but thanks to him for finding them.

V2, same kernel, CM7 wifi driver.

SS-RLS5-New-Source-Kernel-v2-Gen2.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?7nfdync13zw6trt

MD5:6A04B164C395177FB66AC9F592EA3D33

Edited by KonstaT

Guest 我笑他人看不穿

I have no idea what that means, picture is nice though. Something about shaving a tail? :P Are you asking me to remove what's inside the box or is it missing something? This is an english speaking forum, so you might want try that to get your message through.

If you want to experiment you can try switching some system apps from MMHMP. They are all signed with the same key so most of them probably work. If it's something with Phone.apk I can't do anything about it. The resources side is broken by ZTE. I have no idea what causes your issue and can't do much unless you can provide more information.

How to display all Chinese inside the box?