[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest webbe

Hi!

Now I have a new Blade gen3. It's unlocked.

This is the info I get:

ZTE/P729_GENERIC/blade:2.3.5/GRJ22/eng..20111018.001235:users/release-keys (from Quadrant).

About the phone says: ZTE-BLADEV1.0.0B02

I have downloaded the nearest upgrade from ZTE, and extracted recovery.img from the bin file.

From my other phone (gen2) I learned that if I put CWM in recovery, then I can make a backup of the rom.

Restoring the backup, and then installing the stock recovery gives me back the stock ROM as an emergency.

Then I have two options.

1. Installing SSRLS7, then patching with -M-MHMP-RLS9-GEN3.zip and installing addons.

I have seen gen3 TPT:s. Is it possible with gen3? If so:

2. Repartition with gen3-to-gen2-tpt (wbaw) installs CWM5.0.2.0. Install SSRLS7 and addons. If I have to go back to stock, then I must repartition to gen3, and then restore stock.

Can I use CWM5.0.2.0 on gen2 and gen3?

Am I right about this? If so I will edit this post with links.

Guest Vivek S Panicker

Thank You for this buddy. I really would love to test this, but since I am using CM 7.2, which is a higher version, I do not dare now . However great work. Keep Up.

Guest gunapriyan

Friends, Thanks for your reply. But in my ROM Settings, there are 3 options. 1. Power Widget Buttons 2. Power Widget Button Order 3. Hide on Change. There is no option to fix vibrate. Help me.

Guest Amphoras

Hi!

Now I have a new Blade gen3. It's unlocked.

This is the info I get:

ZTE/P729_GENERIC/blade:2.3.5/GRJ22/eng..20111018.001235:users/release-keys (from Quadrant).

About the phone says: ZTE-BLADEV1.0.0B02

I have downloaded the nearest upgrade from ZTE, and extracted recovery.img from the bin file.

From my other phone (gen2) I learned that if I put CWM in recovery, then I can make a backup of the rom.

Restoring the backup, and then installing the stock recovery gives me back the stock ROM as an emergency.

Then I have two options.

1. Installing SSRLS7, then patching with -M-MHMP-RLS9-GEN3.zip and installing addons.

I have seen gen3 TPT:s. Is it possible with gen3? If so:

2. Repartition with gen3-to-gen2-tpt (wbaw) installs CWM5.0.2.0. Install SSRLS7 and addons. If I have to go back to stock, then I must repartition to gen3, and then restore stock.

Can I use CWM5.0.2.0 on gen2 and gen3?

Am I right about this? If so I will edit this post with links.

For your first point, that should work ok to install Swedish Snow and then use the MMHMP Gen 3 zip. There aren't any Gen 3 TPTs that will install the rom for you, but you can use a Gen 2 TPT which will convert you to Gen 2 and install it. wbaw's TPTs only do Gen 1 to Gen 2. You can use one of the Gen 2 TPTs from here though. CWM 5.0.2.0 should work on Gen 2 and Gen 3. To go back to Gen 3 again, you just need to use a Gen 3 TPT.

Guest KonstaT

Friends, Thanks for your reply. But in my ROM Settings, there are 3 options. 1. Power Widget Buttons 2. Power Widget Button Order 3. Hide on Change. There is no option to fix vibrate. Help me.

That's because you have installed some theme/add-on that is not made for RLS7/this ROM. Only use themes/add-ons that are in the first post or were made using RLS7 files.

ICS theme for Swedish Snow

Did you make this?

Please read:

[WARNING] Using Adfly on links

Guest ironzy

a little question.

i love swedish snow but required ore ram than tomy aosp rom (2.3.7). can i ask why so?

tnx

db

if I understand your question correctly its probably because tom b's rom is very minimal and doesnt have as many apps running in the background as swedish snow

Guest danmanbad

Hi i wounder if anybody can help on both my phone is on rls7 and my girlfriends phone is on rls4 i have noticed that when you are on a call the data turns its self off when 2G only selected and when my girlgriend is using here facebook she was using when it happend is that the calls are not being able to come through when i tryed to ring her all it did was hardly rang once and cut off she said her phone did not ring im not really shore if its a bug or if i have to flash another kernal i dont tghink it happens all the time cuz when we have tryed to repoduce it hasent happend i will see if i can figure out if theere is a pattern to it can some one help please

thanks in advance

Edited by danmanbad

Guest gunapriyan

That's because you have installed some theme/add-on that is not made for RLS7/this ROM. Only use themes/add-ons that are in the first post or were made using RLS7 files.

Did you make this?

Please read:

[WARNING] Using Adfly on links

Yes i made it...I have installed Holo Dark Theme.....

I loved it. What i will do?

Guest DarkCrono

Yes i made it...I have installed Holo Dark Theme.....

I loved it. What i will do?

Provide the link so I can try to adapt it...

Guest betaboxmd

Hm, I maybe have a problem with this rom. Since I haven't used GPS up until today, I couldn't notice it. I am still not sure if it's one time problem or not. When I turned on GPS I lost carrier signal, and afterwards when I turned GPS off again I would lose carrier signal from time to time, now I have rebooted phone and I have carrier signal. Also I had one reboot while I was using GPS. :S Did anyone else had this kind of problems??

1.May.2012 EDIT: I definitely have a problem with using GPS on this rom. After using GPS I can connect to my carrier signal but soon it's lost again until I reboot. Rom is otherwise great, but this is kinda a problem for me. I did all the wipes as told in first post.

Same problem with RLS6 and Stock-Kernel-Gen2. Power Widget shows mobile data is ON, but on statusbar mobile data icon 2G/3G/H dissapears.

I can reactiviate 2G/3G if switching mobile data OFF and ON again on Power Widget.

Edited by betaboxmd

Guest blueled

Could someone point me to the correct download link/version of the HTC IME keyboard for this particular ROM? I tried the first I found with a google search and it crashes :( Thanks to all those contributing to the topic

Guest Butcher55

hello, i`m using RLS7 and i`m facing some weird problems. my phone with this rom started to asking once or twice a day for PIN code and its pretty annoying.second bug is undelivered sms. i write a message, tap send and then nothing happens(keyboard disappears, and it look like message is sending but thats all).when i check delivery info about "sent" message it says: "waiting for delivery"(sorry for my english, i`m just learning:D hope you know what i`m trying to say)..i thought i can use this rom daily, but i`m starting looking for another rom..again:/ CM7.1 stable drains battery like hell, SS has this bugs, maybe give a try for moldovan mile high.

Guest shanky887614

i got htc keyboard installed and have never had problems with it

ill upload tomorrow, i got it just under a year ago so cant remember wether i got it from here or xda

Guest huabs

i just wiped the dalvik cache and then applied the update from zip ... the system is now rls7 (before it was 4b), will i encounter any problems or is it okay to just update?

or do i have to do a format/factory reset for all stuff to work properly?

Guest shanky887614

Could someone point me to the correct download link/version of the HTC IME keyboard for this particular ROM? I tried the first I found with a google search and it crashes :( Thanks to all those contributing to the topic

i cant remember if im using the high res version or not

i sugest you try both here is the link on xda

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=624416

Guest GnobarEl

With all respect for cyanogenmod ROM developers for blade, In my opinion this is by far the best rom. I've tried all, and I've tried several builds of cyanogenmod but I didn't get the same results as I get using this one.

Congratulations for your great job. I believe, if I change again the rom, will be for ICS when stable. I tried and I liked, unfortunately some features are not working yet.

So, for now, as I said, in my opinion this rom rocks! Its simply amazing.

Guest shanky887614

guys after you install you need to activate it through settings

go to the homescreen select settings

go to languages and keyboards, make sure its ticked

Guest wookie16081965

guys after you install you need to activate it through settings

go to the homescreen select settings

go to languages and keyboards, make sure its ticked

installed htc that slumslayer posted everything working now thanks.

Guest jonmac73

What is the best? Swedish Snow RLS7 or Blade Mix 365?

Swedish Snow personally - feels much quicker.

Have tried most 2.2/2.3 ROMS and have stuck with this the longest. Not tried ICS yet.

Guest jonmac73

Continue to love this ROM - upgraded from 4b to 7 and all looks good.

Have tried using EXT3 partition for first time. Created and formatted in CWM no prob but restored apps via Titanium Backup did not install there automatically. Had to move them manually using Link2SD.

Have I done right ? Should this now install all apps to EXT as default ?

Apps backed up now with Titanium - if I restore them will they go to EXT3 automatically ? Otherwise no further forward than doing it manully via A2SD in the ROM.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong ?

Guest bladebuddy
Continue to love this ROM - upgraded from 4b to 7 and all looks good.

Have tried using EXT3 partition for first time. Created and formatted in CWM no prob but restored apps via Titanium Backup did not install there automatically. Had to move them manually using Link2SD.

Have I done right ? Should this now install all apps to EXT as default ?

Apps backed up now with Titanium - if I restore them will they go to EXT3 automatically ? Otherwise no further forward than doing it manully via A2SD in the ROM.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong ?

If you have created a partition on your sd card through cwm and you apps do not move automatically. Open terminal emulator app and type su then type a2sd reinstall that should work if done correctly.