[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest DarkCrono

Continue to love this ROM - upgraded from 4b to 7 and all looks good.

Have tried using EXT3 partition for first time. Created and formatted in CWM no prob but restored apps via Titanium Backup did not install there automatically. Had to move them manually using Link2SD.

Have I done right ? Should this now install all apps to EXT as default ?

Apps backed up now with Titanium - if I restore them will they go to EXT3 automatically ? Otherwise no further forward than doing it manully via A2SD in the ROM.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong ?

They should appear as installed on internal memory, but they will be on SD-Ext.

To verify this, enter terminal and type

su

cd /system/sd/app

ls

the result might be a list with all your downloaded and installed apks

Everytime i install a new rom, i lose all my wifi-paswords. Is that normal?

If you link your account with Google, and authorizes it to store your passwords, you will have access when you restore your account on the fresh ROM

Edited by DarkCrono

Guest Щачло карпа

Is this better than cm7 interms of stability battery life and performance?

Are there any bugs/issues or problems?

Guest Щачло карпа

Does anyone has solution about ugly patern over the pics in gallery?

Is there any way to change number of toggle buttons in power bar(not notification power widget) ?

I also noticed that my blade heats too much even while browsing in opera. Is that normal ?

@jiminorris thanks, I flashed this Rom. But u never told me abt any bugs...

@[email protected] EvenI face that ISSUE IN THE GALLERY, there is a weird overlay or a pattern that comes on almost every picture... I don't remember this on Cm7? Hope it can be fixed...

Edited by Щачло карпа

Guest incunabula

Yesterday I installed Swedish Snow RLS7, through TPT installation, on my ZTE Blade. Everthing went fine but there's one big issue at the moment: whenever I turn on the wifi/Wireless the phono reboots (after 10-20 sec). On these pages I read that it was on issue with a previous version but not with this one.

Does anyone know how the fix it?

Many thanks..

Guest HumaDroid

Yesterday I installed Swedish Snow RLS7, through TPT installation, on my ZTE Blade. Everthing went fine but there's one big issue at the moment: whenever I turn on the wifi/Wireless the phono reboots (after 10-20 sec). On these pages I read that it was on issue with a previous version but not with this one.

Many thanks..

Which kernel are you using?

Guest KonstaT

Does anyone has solution about ugly patern over the pics in gallery?

Is there any way to change number of toggle buttons in power bar(not notification power widget) ?

Strange, I don't have any patterns over my pictures in gallery. There are plenty of gallery replacement apps in play shop, QuickPic is recommended.

There are plenty of power widgets available at the play shop, choice is yours.

Many thanks..

There's been no such issue reported before. Have you restored some system apps/settings with e.g. Titanium Backup?

You can try installing the SS-RLS7-Old-Source-Kernel-Gen2.zip add-on to see if it helps.

Is there a beats audio flashable zip for this rom? I do not want MegaBassBeats thing...

I have no idea if it works or not though.

Guest incunabula

There's been no such issue reported before. Have you restored some system apps/settings with e.g. Titanium Backup?

You can try installing the SS-RLS7-Old-Source-Kernel-Gen2.zip add-on to see if it helps.

> No, nothing was restored from a backup or Titanium backup..

Guest wakeup12

Sometime ago I also posted an issue about gallery too. Yes, there are some square patterns and it is on both my and my gf's mobile.

Just open the stock gallery, enter a folder and load a pic. Then these squares are shown.

Guest Juliano Dorneles

There is some way to get back the default status bar (clock position, no circle battery, etc.), after the installation of some mod?

Guest danmanbad

Hi great rom me and my gf use it but i noticised something im not shore is it surposed to do or if its a bug

when ever 2G data is turned on when you make a call it turns off but stays on when on 3G

the other day when i try calling my gf she was using facebook the phone kept rejecting the call on its own

ive tryed the other kernnels it still dose it

plus since tpting to rls7 ive notised that my signal has gone down alot

has anybody elce experienced this any fixes

im on rls7 shes on rls4 both full wipes

ive had to de-brick my phone but hers is fine

thanks for a great rom

Edited by danmanbad

Guest DarkCrono

There is some way to get back the default status bar (clock position, no circle battery, etc.), after the installation of some mod?

Two ways: reflash ROM in ClockworkMod Recovery

Or grab the Mod you flashed, look into him what file it changed, take original ones from the ROM package and paste them over the modded ones into the zip. Flash again

Guest epyloxias

I installed yesterday SS-RLS7 and I must say that it's the most stable rom by far.

Well done for the project!!!!

Edited by epyloxias

Guest Juliano Dorneles

Two ways: reflash ROM in ClockworkMod Recovery

Or grab the Mod you flashed, look into him what file it changed, take original ones from the ROM package and paste them over the modded ones into the zip. Flash again

Thanks! I'll try the second option first ...

Guest Face_

Gotta say I'm really impressed with this. The last hacking I did was a couple of years ago to remove the Orange rubbish off the phone. In the last few weeks my SF started playing up - was acting really slow and laggy. Couldn't see anything obvious, so I thought I'd try this ROM and its like I have a new phone now :)

Guest Juliano Dorneles

I'll try to make a mod to get back the default status bar. Testing ...

Edit: Nothing ... I sign the zip file, but Clockwork don't accept it .. the installation failed.

Edited by Juliano Dorneles

Guest AndroiDemon

Posting in the proper forum this time.. Hope So.. But desperately need help.

All credits to the hard work, but i have faced certain issues with this rom.

many applications specially heavy games crash on this rom. i have tried lane splitter and it badly crashes. even temple run does not load. after certain time due to heavy use browser also crashes. i am usind Idea - zte blade Indian version with 256 Mb of RAM. I am already using link2sd for managing internal memory. but problem faced is may be due to ram management. the applications FCs more and crashes more.

If anybody else has faced similar problem do highlight and do help me with an appropriate solution..

Maybe i get a good solution this time.....

Guest agpoli

many applications specially heavy games crash on this rom. i have tried lane splitter and it badly crashes. even temple run does not load. after certain time due to heavy use browser also crashes. i am usind Idea - zte blade Indian version with 256 Mb of RAM. I am already using link2sd for managing internal memory. but problem faced is may be due to ram management. the applications FCs more and crashes more.

If anybody else has faced similar problem do highlight and do help me with an appropriate solution..

Do you overclock your phone?

Guest bladebuddy

A2sd is already installed on the rom so it might be possible that link2sd is causing some interference but I am unsure as I haven't tried it. Also only use titanium backup to restore app and data only. And you can try fixing permissions through cwm or rom manager it may or may not help. I do not think the rom is causing you're problems as it has not been mentioned in this thread much and would be if it was a rom problem.

Guest AndroiDemon

A2sd is already installed on the rom so it might be possible that link2sd is causing some interference but I am unsure as I haven't tried it. Also only use titanium backup to restore app and data only. And you can try fixing permissions through cwm or rom manager it may or may not help. I do not think the rom is causing you're problems as it has not been mentioned in this thread much and would be if it was a rom problem.

I dont thikn link2sd is creating any problem. it works fine. Even before i installed link2sd, i tried installing a game, that is lane splitter. To my surprise the game did load and after few seconds the screen got black, and i was landed on to the home screen. Thats what keeps happening. I feel the app gets out of ram and some how crashes. I have tried to overclock the CPU as well. But did not work. Any other ideas? please help