[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest sam tyler

hello KonstaT, tried your link(xda)looked good.but the links on xda take you to a site that want you personal details(phone no. etc)ALL THE LINKS for the TPT zip files. take you to that site(the personal one) and no way im doing that so i will try the T.P.T. way on this ROM.thanks for the help.

Guest sam tyler

been checking the first post do i need to install recovery 4.0.1.5 first then the T.P.T version of this rom? and can i just install the recovery img via recovery manager? but there seem to be a few versions of that img do you which g2 img i need? on blade checker(pigfish didnt give me the same info except its a gen 1 phone)i have a European blade(512 ram) thanks.

Guest sam tyler

I installed this ROM via T.P.T. i saw the green text come it installed.but all i see is green bold lines and white lines.i guess ive bricked my phone.back to the racer me thinks!! on the phone it says update from t-flash card.then it says update success! then i get the green and white lines.....very bad!!----update-----ive just downloaded zte blade recovery file from bad flash post.also tried tpt tip and also downloaded zte drivers.nothing works. i have a very bad feeling that certain gen1 blades are not meant to update.looks like i have very nice paperweight.and thats it.

Edited by sam tyler

Guest sam tyler

just to let people know,ive been on some sites, the T.P.T way of installing roms can brick the phone. its not just the sd card. the phone doesn't like it as well.looks like im buying a new phone.......... :angry:

Guest sam tyler
post-914473-0-24375800-1346163441_thumb.can not get into recovery,(all i get is update from flash card.downloaded fastbbot files no joy there.AND i tried T.P.T. way.my phone is dead.will upload a pic to show.the research i find states that T.P.T. can take kill the sd card(i even changed the sd card still no joy.or and kill the phone(and i did the check sum number.) even on the cyanogenmod site there have been reports of blades dying after using T.P.T.we all learn! do get me wrong,T.P.T must work.but on some it can screw up some peoples phone.---update---see pic Edited by sam tyler

Guest KonstaT

@sam tyler

Only way that can happen is if you flash a corrupt image or if you run out/pull battery in the middle of install. Did you follow the instructions and check the md5sum (nandroid.md5) like you were advised?

Follow instructions on de-bricking a ZTE Blade thread.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/343587-guide-de-bricking-a-zte-blade/

Use e.g. a sdcard reader to move another (uncorrupt) TPT on to your sdcard and try again. It's near impossible to really brick a ZTE Blade (at least I haven't heard).

Guest sam tyler

i checked the MDS ref no. and i never took the battery out(on this or any other ROM ive loaded on a phone).and as i said,it WONT let me go into recovery.im getting another blade in a few days of a mate so i will be putting Swedish spring rs5 on that,and as its going to be rooted that means i can put apps that suit the phone.also i changed the sd card as well.but as the phone wont let me go into recovery,its a mute point.

Guest elrond_bs

You don't need to get to recovery to debrick the Blade, read the link we gave you (there are several methods to debrick).

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest sam tyler

followed the guide.Method 1 take a guess.........method 2 fastboot downloaded the fastboot file AND the zte drivers.i pressed vol+ and power and i got the green lines....i press windows gen1 recovery and a window pops up with this `inbox c:windows\system 32\ if you see ``waiting for device`` below,and it does not progress,then you need to make sure you have the correct drivers installed and that your phone is in fastboot mode.method 3 T.P.T grrr.....i installed european gen 1 T.P.T on to my sd card(via sd card reader) and i unziped it on the sd card(via sd card reader)i put the sd card back on to the phone press vol+ and power didnt get black screen or the green guy.all i got was the green lines again.as that didn`t work i removed the image directory as per guide.im about to try method 4,i will post back if anything happened s.

Guest sam tyler

Method 4 windows up grader...its a link(modaco)flashing firmware to zte blade/libra via windows,its another link,this time to xda there are a number of files they offer i tried all of them the files links go to a site called deposit files,press regular download then it wants your phone number and details! no way!! so i guess thats the end of the line for me. i tried but im not giving my details out.thanks for the advice, cheers.

Guest wakeup12

Hello,

Today I got a warning that says I have insufficient space! Even though I increased ext on SD card! It seemed 415 MB. I set 512 MB at beginning, so it means some of them are in ext, but worked for a short time. It does not change whether I move them to SD or Internal memory.

I checked with titanium backup and I see a2sd space.

Then I typed

su

a2sd reinstall

on the terminal, but It showed an error like "no ... log found" and restarted the phone. I could not read the whole sentence.

What can be for this cause?

Thank you.

Anyone to help me?

Guest bladebuddy

How much space do you have in the system, try downloading free space from the market that should give you information on all partitions.

Do you have any other scripts that might be causing conflict with dark tremors , like a2e or any other app moving scripts.

If not try re partitioning you sd card again.

And are you saying it worked and then just stopped working for no reason ?.

Guest Snap.IT

Method 4 windows up grader...its a link(modaco)flashing firmware to zte blade/libra via windows,its another link,this time to xda there are a number of files they offer i tried all of them the files links go to a site called deposit files,press regular download then it wants your phone number and details! no way!! so i guess thats the end of the line for me. i tried but im not giving my details out.thanks for the advice, cheers.

Try the link to stock Gen1 is a mediafire link.

I use that thread to debrick my gen3 whenever i have done something stupid like trying to TPT a gen2 TPT and that method works for me, there are drivers and methods to restore stock FTM mode within the thread too.

When it comes to fastboot, it rarely works in windows but it always works in Linux, just get a bootable linux cd, download fastboot onto your virtual disk (created when the cd boots, you don't have to worry about it) and use fastboot and adb from there.

For drivers, i have quite a few different ones if you need them, the handset drivers and some other drivers that i don't really know what they are for but i suppose they are for things like fastboot (never got it to work on windows but since i run Linux i never really tried either).

Guest wakeup12

How much space do you have in the system, try downloading free space from the market that should give you information on all partitions.

Do you have any other scripts that might be causing conflict with dark tremors , like a2e or any other app moving scripts.

If not try re partitioning you sd card again.

And are you saying it worked and then just stopped working for no reason ?.

Sorry for late answer.

ROM: 225 MB (49.9 free)

Internal: 213 mb (27.7 free)

SD : 7.16 gb (5.13 free)

sd (a2sd): 479 mb (431 free)

Just to try I deleted some of my applications that are moved into a2sd partition, and it increased from 415 to 431 mb.

Yes it was working and for some reason it does not work anymore. You recommend repartitioning or reflashing the ROM again?

And I dont have any other scripts that can move apps. I am using avast but I think this has no effect?

Edited by wakeup12

Guest bladebuddy

There seems to be very little data on your sd card partition, but looking at it you don't have that much installed.

Yes l would recommend flashing the rom again after a full wipe then copy you're sd card to you're p.c then format you're sd card through you're phone or p.c then partition you're sd card through cwm advanced settings. Coppy the p.c backup of you're sd card back to you're sd card then reboot. Hopefully it should be working.If not try /su a2sd reinstall through terminal . It might also be worth checking the rom's md5 sum against the download link just to make sure you have a correct install. I have used this rom since release and have never came across or seen a post that explains what you're going through without what I mentioned in the above post. You haven't tried to download any version of busybox or anything similar have you ?.

If that fails there are a few commands you can enter through terminal emulater that might shed some light on the matter.

Before doing any of the above just try this in terminal emulater type

su

a2sd cachsed

Then see if there is an increase of data on you're sd card.

Lastly you haven't deleted anything from the phones system/ etc/init/.

If none of the above applies or works then I am at a lost.

Guest sam tyler

sorry for late reply,(working all the hours.....)anyway,i solved the problem.i think it was a case of a bad download(s).what i did in the end was go on the cyanogemod site and got the gen1 to gen2 t.p.t file(version 7 believe)i then removed the other tpt stuff and other roms,and i managed to get this rom( a zip version) and i changed my recovery img(4.0.1.5-blade-gen.img)then i installed the the gen1/gen2 file(via the guide i.e. menu,vol + and power)a green text appeared then the green android guy came to view,and it went into recovery and i wiped the cache etc,and installed the new rom(s.s.zip file.)and it worked! then i went on Google play,and got mr.pigfish and it said i have a gen2 phone. so one phone back from from the dead!! just noticed the battery mod....just installed it.many thanks.

Edited by sam tyler

Guest hemantaims

hi all,

thank you kostaT for this rom. I am enjoying this rom. however i need help with one issue. I want to record calls from phone line itself. and i know this rom supports it. there is an option to record calls while in call. when i use that option it records calls in amr format. but the voice is distorted .. i cant hear anything from it. calls get recorded but recording is very bad, cant make out whats being said in the call.i have attached that call recording file..change extension from .zip to .amr. it might help to sort out this.

i rotted my phone with z4root..permanent root.

i have used callrecorder app also.. but no seetings are working for 2 way call recording..

Help me in this please.

call0906190019.zip

Edited by hemantaims

hi all,

thank you kostaT for this rom. I am enjoying this rom. however i need help with one issue. I want to record calls from phone line itself. and i know this rom supports it. there is an option to record calls while in call. when i use that option it records calls in amr format. but the voice is distorted .. i cant hear anything from it. calls get recorded but recording is very bad, cant make out whats being said in the call.i have attached that call recording file..change extension from .zip to .amr. it might help to sort out this.

i rotted my phone with z4root..permanent root.

i have used callrecorder app also.. but no seetings are working for 2 way call recording..

Help me in this please.

Kernel patch is to support skvalex's CallRecorder. Are you using that? I've been told you can also record calls using the inbuilt function in ZTE dialer.

Hi, thank you for great ROM!

How i can add some Language pack? I need Bulgariang language in my phone. Is this posible?

Depends on what you mean by language pack? You can add keyboard dictionaries quite easily but adding a new language to system menus won't be worth the trouble imo.

Hi KonstaT.

I have a big question... First off all, I love this rom :)

I installed DarkTremor a2sd GUI , but i can't install more than 30 apps without fill the internal memory :(

Can you help me? I don't have this problem with CM7 + S2E

Thank You!

Hi KonstaT.

I have a big question... First off all, I love this rom :)

I installed DarkTremor a2sd GUI , but i can't install more than 30 apps without fill the internal memory :(

Can you help me? I don't have this problem with CM7 + S2E

Thank You!

No, you don't need to install anything. Only thing you need is a properly formatted EXT partition on your sdcard. Darktremor is already included in the ROM and it is active after a full wipe. What does it say under EXT partition in Settings -> ROM settings -> Partition info?

If you need to initiate a2sd manually, you can do it terminal with

su
a2sd reinstall
[/CODE]

A2SD GUI is nothing but a graphic extension to do exactly the above.

Hi,

I have been using this ROM for quite some time now and I'm really happy with it.

Anyway, I have a small issue with an app called mysms. I'm supposed to be able to send SMS using this app from a webapp, which users seem to confirm works fine on most devices.

What happens is that, when sending an SMS from the webapp, it doesn't get sent from my mobile until I manually get into the mysms application.

Does anyone else use mysms on this ROM ? Is there any task killer included with this ROM which maybe would kill the mysms app and cause my sms for not being sent (I didn't install any task killer app myself).

Thanks for your support.