[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest wakeup12

Hello,

My laptop has Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 130 but when I create temporary access point, my phone does not see it, do you have any idea about why this happens?

@bladebuddy

Thank you I have not tested it yet, but cachesed command seems unrecognized. I will tell the results after reflashing the rom.,,

My laptop has Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 130 but when I create temporary access point, my phone does not see it, do you have any idea about why this happens?

This ROM doesn't have support for ad-hoc networks. You can use this method to create non-adhoc network on win7. You can do similar thing on linux with hostapd.

Guest wakeup12

This ROM doesn't have support for ad-hoc networks. You can use this method to create non-adhoc network on win7. You can do similar thing on linux with hostapd.

Thank you. Now I see in wifi list, but when I enter the password, it says "Obtaining IP adress..." but nothing else happens. Should I configure IP settings manually?

Thank you. Now I see in wifi list, but when I enter the password, it says "Obtaining IP adress..." but nothing else happens. Should I configure IP settings manually?

It should work without any extra hassle. Just make sure that you have shared our main internet connection.

Guest wakeup12

It should work without any extra hassle. Just make sure that you have shared our main internet connection.

When I enter Adapter Settings, I see my wireless device and Microsoft Virtual Miniport Adapter. When I disable it, the sharing operation fails. Should I share my main connection using this miniport configuration -> Sharing -> ... use this internet connection or using LAN adapter? When I do the former one, it automatically chooses either Wireless Network 1 or LAN and I don't have any other option to change it.

Guest psu_freak

I also had problems with my bluetooth connection. Today I was able to fix them by pulling system/bin/bluetoothd and system/bin/sdptool from cm-7.2.0.

With CM7.2.0 I had issues with laggy bluetooth audio, therefore I replaced the kernel with the original blade kernel.

With only the file replacement modification in RLS7 I played some music and there was some stuttering in the audio when I operate the device. I also made a test call and it worked perfectly (according the other party).

Edited by psu_freak

Hi KonstaT,

Does Swedish Snow RLS7 works on Idea Blade (256 MB) perfectly or there are any issues regarding camera, wifi, bluetooth, GPS, FM Radio etc?

If there are any issues, are there any additional patches required to be applied to Swedish Snow RLS7, so that it will be fully functional in Idea Blade.

Please let me know and thanks in advance.

Edited by anantk

You tell me. I don't have Idea Blade. There's no issues that I know of.

jerrin, on 18 February 2012 - 04:11 PM, said:

Hi i have an Idea India branded Zte Blade and installed Swedish Snow RLS4b and found everything working including the camera. But when i turned on the phone after switching off, the touchscreen stopped responding, while earlier when i restarted there was no problem.

I then flashed the Swedish Stock kernel for the release and touch started working again. But now i don't have the option to Overclock. Could you please help thanks.

Your Reply on 19 February 2012 for this was -->

=======================================================================================================

Sounds like these Idea Blades are put together from left over pieces of hardware. Stock kernel is provided exactly for this reason for people that have hardware issues with the the custom kernel. These issues probably won't be solved until ZTE releases valid kernel source.

It might help if you can dig out some information of what type touchscreen is used in your device. If you have ZTE dialer installed, dial *983*24474636#. You can also use ZTE Emode helper app to start Chiper Test (chip info). Post lines under TouchScreen Information.

=======================================================================================================

Do I need to apply same stock Kernel patch or that problem is resolved now?

Do I need to apply same stock Kernel patch or that problem is resolved now?

Lol quite recent posts you dug up there. I still can't answer your question because I don't have your Idea Blade. Everything should work as far as I can know.

All Idea Blades had issues with camera at one point. Iirc there was only one or two reports of display issues. According to changelog in second post from RLS6 on this ROM has kernel based on the most most recent source code that ZTE has released. That solved most hardware related issues. Since this ROM is based on ZTE stock ROM it is also possible to use stock kernel. If you have hardware related issues, this ROM is your best chance of getting everything working. If it doesn't work here - it doesn't with any other ROM either.

Guest sub-zer0

first i want to thank you for this great rom,

now any chance to port the smart dialer from the cyanogenmod 7.2?

or at least someone point me a tutorial or some tips to try to port it,

i know i have the zte dialer with smart dialer but i liked the cyanogenmod,

now is there any hope to see a update to this rom in the future?, i know you have answer this many times but this rom as a great balance that i (and i supect manny others :P) cannot find in other roms,

and is kinda sad that the development as stopped.

thanks.

Guest elrond_bs

AFAIK KonstaT is abandoning active development for his CM9 ICS ROM (so are the CM team) and switching to CM10 only. So, asking him to go back to Gingerbread isn't really meaningful. Besides, there isn't anything significant he can do for this ROM, because it is based on stock ROM. Our phone is old, so nothing new (that can be added to the ROM) will be released by ZTE or anyone else either.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest daniel3ub

Problem activating swap within A2SD

I know this problem is related to A2SD, but maybe somebody else is experiencing this on the Blade.

When I try to activate swap with a2sd swapspace or any other command from a2sd, I can see the following messages:

[ ] Swap block device found: /dev/block/mmcblk0p3

[ ] Swap partition found... Turning on swap.

[ ] Setting up swapspace version 1, size = 64185856 bytes UUID=.....

[ ] Make swap command returned code :0

swapon: /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 Device or resource busy

[X] Problem activating swap. Return code: 1.

I´ve repartitioned the SDCard, reinstalled RLS7 from the ground and everything else. No joy. The ClockWorkMod partitions the SD without error messages, and everything seems fine, but a2sd cannot activate swap.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Lol quite recent posts you dug up there. I still can't answer your question because I don't have your Idea Blade. Everything should work as far as I can know.

All Idea Blades had issues with camera at one point. Iirc there was only one or two reports of display issues. According to changelog in second post from RLS6 on this ROM has kernel based on the most most recent source code that ZTE has released. That solved most hardware related issues. Since this ROM is based on ZTE stock ROM it is also possible to use stock kernel. If you have hardware related issues, this ROM is your best chance of getting everything working. If it doesn't work here - it doesn't with any other ROM either.

Hi KonstaT,

Thanks for your response.

I have rooted it and installed ClockWorkMode Recovery through ROM Manager. Have flashed latest clockworkMod 5.0.2.0 available from ROM Manager for ZTE Blade. It is not showing ClockWorkMod 6.x version for ZTE Blade in ROM Manager. My problem is that when I choose to reboot into recovery for taking backup of current ROM, its gets restarted and gets stuck on green android logo forever.

In short I can't boot Idea ZTE Blade into clockworkmod recovery mode. I want to install Swedish Snow RLS7 so that it can run bit smoother and faster than current 2.2 stock ROM version. The phone is properly rooted and CWM has been given access by superuser too.

I also removed battery of blade and reinserted after a while. Then while restarting I hold down power on key+volume down key together. But still its gets stuck on green android logo forever.

I even tried the method of Recovery Manager (2. Through Recovery Manager) posted at --> http://forum.xda-dev...hp?t=1713419 , but of no help.

Thanks droidolution for providing solution. With home+volume up+power button combination, I am in CWM Recovery screen of Idea Blade!!

Will now install RLS7 and see.

Edited by anantk

Guest bladebuddy

You could try the TPT method on page 1 it will work regardless of CWM. Also you need to press volume down - to get into cwm not up+.

Finally rom manager gives you the option to flash older recovery's as well , so you can try that also.

Regards.

You could try the TPT method on page 1 it will work regardless of CWM. Also you need to press volume down - to get into cwm not up+.

Finally rom manager gives you the option to flash older recovery's as well , so you can try that also.

Regards.

Thanks droidolution for providing solution. With home+volume up+power button combination, I am in CWM Recovery screen of Idea Blade!!

I have tried Swedish Snow RLS7 + Stock Kernel Patch from KonstaT. Everything works perfectly and smoother than previous Stock Froyo ROM on Idea Blade.

Thanks KonstaT and everyone for the amazing work.

Hope to see stable CM10/JB on ZTE Blade from KonstaT and team soon.

Edited by anantk

first i want to thank you for this great rom,

now any chance to port the smart dialer from the cyanogenmod 7.2?

or at least someone point me a tutorial or some tips to try to port it,

i know i have the zte dialer with smart dialer but i liked the cyanogenmod,

now is there any hope to see a update to this rom in the future?, i know you have answer this many times but this rom as a great balance that i (and i supect manny others ) cannot find in other roms,

and is kinda sad that the development as stopped.

thanks.

You can use Contact.apk and ContactsProvider.apk from Moldovan MHMP RLS9. It has CM7 smartdialer. There were few issues why I removed it from this one (can't join contact, can't un-blacklist a number, facebook sync didn't work iirc).

It's highly unlikely that this ROM will receive any future updates (in other words, it's not going to happen :P). I personally don't see a reason to come back to gingerbread as my daily ROM. I'd rather only do releases for ROMs that I'm currently using myself. I'm actually quite pleased with this as it already is. :) There's really not much I could fix/change/add. You could keep this going for ever just by updating included system apps but there's really not much point in that.

I have tried Swedish Snow RLS7 + Stock Kernel Patch from KonstaT. Everything works perfectly and smoother than previous Stock Froyo ROM on Idea Blade.

Any specific reason why you installed the stock kernel? You only need to flash it if you have some hardware issues.

You can use Contact.apk and ContactsProvider.apk from Moldovan MHMP RLS9. It has CM7 smartdialer. There were few issues why I removed it from this one (can't join contact, can't un-blacklist a number, facebook sync didn't work iirc).

It's highly unlikely that this ROM will receive any future updates (in other words, it's not going to happen ). I personally don't see a reason to come back to gingerbread as my daily ROM. I'd rather only do releases for ROMs that I'm currently using myself. I'm actually quite pleased with this as it already is. There's really not much I could fix/change/add. You could keep this going for ever just by updating included system apps but there's really not much point in that.

Any specific reason why you installed the stock kernel? You only need to flash it if you have some hardware issues.

Wifi was connecting and disconnecting immediately after Swedish Snow ROM installation. Once I install Stock Kernel, Wifi started working. I am not sure whether that was intermittent problem or Stock Kernel did the trick. But with SS RLS7 and Stock Kernel every functionality of mobile is working perfectly.

Am I missing anything from SS RLS7 functionality after flashing Stock Kernel? Is their way to undo Stock Kernel flash and check whether wifi problem was due to SS RLS7 without stock kernel patch?

Thanks in advance.

Guest danmanbad

hi great rom has anybody notised yet that if you push the menu button in a call you get another menu that gives you the options to hold a call swap the call or record the call (recording work very well better than an app)

Hi Konstat

Can you give me some tutorial, or link of gerrit commit for volume buttons music control. I am using stock rom and I managed to disable scrolling cache but I really need to change music with volume buttons. Could you help me?

Cheers.