[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest somewhatdog

Did Konsta come to you're house and put a gun to you're head and say " you better install this rom or else".

We live in a world of free choice , its also stated on the first page that the rom contains add blocking hosts.

There are at least 50 other rom's you could use , but instead you use this rom then slate the developer for adding add blocking hosts to his own rom.

The bottom line if you don't like it don't use it.

Deleted my original reply because I'm not engaging with that sort of stupidity - "if you don't like it, don't use it" is a moronic reply.

I didn't "slate" anyone - I just suggested there were better ways of offering adblocking (an app which is updatable or removeable is better in every possible way) - if people want it, great - if not it's easily removed.

There's always a MR ANGRY tho isn't there - everything is black and white, right or wrong, plaudits or slatings

I can't be badword bothered with it anymore tbh

Edited by somewhatdog

Guest bladebuddy

Addfree host files are easily removed from this rom , if it bothers you , asking politely for a little help in doing so could work wonders.

Instead you push your thoughts and views and expect no appreciated replies.

As I haven't seen anyone else comment on the fact that addfree hosts are included in this rom and I have read the whole thread.

You are alone !.

Most people who use the rom like it and thank the developer with a donation or a simple thanks.

Not an essay on why addfree hosts should not be included.

Like I said YOU HAVE A CHOICE.

Any amount of the Queens English you throw means nothing.

As my Mum told me " you cannot polish a turd ".

No badword meant.

Guest somewhatdog

It's obvious BladeBuddy never created anything - because when you create stuff you generally like to know what people like/don't like - what they want in future roms and what they don't. That's part of the whole development process - understanding people's needs.

I'm not arrogant enough to think I get everything right and that if people don't agree they should "use something else". We're coders, not a pretentious artists, it's the process of understanding users likes and dislikes which makes things better - not telling them what they want (that's for musicians and painters and other 'crafts' :) )

If the compiler of the ROM doesn't like my suggestion, that's fine, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't give constructive (and I was constructive as I suggested better ways around the issue) comments anyway...

Also, I suspect he doesn't want or need defending against such comments - I've no idea why BladeBuddy feels the need to tell me "if I don't like it - don't use it" - I've no idea what he thinks he'll get from that (other than a rise out of me perhaps). I don't get the hostility at all...

Anyway - I've said my bit. Lovely ROM, works really well on the hardware but beware the ad blocking thing. Best bet, imo, delete all but the core entries at the top of the HOSTS file and then get a proper AdBlocking app - or even better, support developers and encourage them by not blocking their ads eh?

Instructions for removing/updating/replacing HOSTS here

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7794659/how-to-change-the-hosts-file-on-android

Don't bother with the HOSTS Editor App - it explodes on files this big :)

Guest bladebuddy

I have helped or at least tried to help many members on this forum. I am not a developer.

Just a user of this rom , and along with many others ,I am grateful to the developer for it.

What you did was as I said [ slated him] , by putting in print that his work was bordering on piracy.

Piracy is illegal and as such you are saying his work could constructed as criminal.

Not a very nice thing to say and as Konsta isn't working on this rom anymore I would like to make people aware of the choice they have and that flashing this rom in no way makes them or the developer a criminal.

As you have only posted 15 times and are relatively new to the forum. I believe it needs pointing out to you you're mistakes.

Not only does the developer state that this rom contains add free host blocks , he also asks members to support the developer by buying the app.

Now if you think adds in games or apps isn't rather annoying then good for you and I hope it doesn't slow you're phone down to much.

All the best as I can't be bothered with you anymore.

post-955381-13533629266791_thumb.jpg

Guest somewhatdog

I love that postcount==whether you're right - just keep posting and you'll never be wrong eh? ;)

To make it CRYSTAL clear - I'm not "slating" anyone but AdBlocking games/apps/websites which are funded by Ads is no different from acquiring games/apps/books/ which have a cost (whether money, ads or anything else) without incurring that cost. Supplying a ROM with adblocking enabled = supplying a ROM with 'paid' software included for free - no difference at all.

That's 'piracy' - whether it's illegal depends what you're doing or where you live, of course - again you're in a "black and white" world tho, everything is 'right or wrong' or 'legal or illegal'...

I actually don't care about the legality - I care that someone's chosen to include adblocking in a way that's neither obvious to the enduser or easily removed. That, to me, suggests someone likes to foist their 'morality' on others which isn't great tbh

Edited by somewhatdog

Bottom line, it's a terrible idea to include what amounts to 'piracy' software in a ROM

Except it does no such thing. Blocking certain content from being displayed on my phone (because it's obnoxious, irritating and a total waste of my limited bandwidth) is nowhere near illegal.

Guest alex_slx

Edit: finnally it works....to use application-specific password, instead of previously using account password then following a-s password.

strange problem....

i've been using SS7 for more than 6 months. it's a great ROM. But long time using makes it fat and occasionally unstable, so last night i did a full wipe and reflash. and the problem is now I cannot setup my google account, it just says:“Sorry....your username and password do not match. please try again.”

before installing, i wiped data, cache, formatted system, wiped dalvik cache.

i reset my google account password and tried times again, same result. i succeeded signing in with the username/password on my PC and mobile browsers. just cannot setup the Account.

anyone could give me some advice? thanks a lot.

Edited by alex_slx

Guest wakeup12

Edit: finnally it works....to use application-specific password, instead of previously using account password then following a-s password.

strange problem....

i've been using SS7 for more than 6 months. it's a great ROM. But long time using makes it fat and occasionally unstable, so last night i did a full wipe and reflash. and the problem is now I cannot setup my google account, it just says:“Sorry....your username and password do not match. please try again.”

before installing, i wiped data, cache, formatted system, wiped dalvik cache.

i reset my google account password and tried times again, same result. i succeeded signing in with the username/password on my PC and mobile browsers. just cannot setup the Account.

anyone could give me some advice? thanks a lot.

Are yo using 2-step verification of Google accounts?

Guest elrond_bs

I've been using Swedish Snow for more than 6 months and I can tell you no such thing - no increased instability with the time. It's up to the apps you install (and I have over 100 with sd-ext) and the condition in which you keep your system.

Guest dom1312

Hi KONSTAT,

I just found this image while surfing for wallpapers [i dont own this picture] and thought of making this simple splash screen.

I dont know how to use photoshop or other software and so the picture had been edited in MSPaint. :D [just some amateur stuff]

Just thought of sharing.

android_snow.jpg

The attachment is a flashable zip. Just flash it through CWM Recovery.

ss RLS7.zip

Edited by dom1312

Guest BladeRunner10

:( HELP NEEDED!!! I flashed my ZTE blade recently with a Swedish Spring RLS5 and when i rebooted it I lost my network signal. I typed *#06# and my IMEI is uknown.i used to have MokeeOS as my daily rom but it got laggy so i changed it to Swedish Spring RLS5. i tried other roms compatible with my Blade but to no avail I am stuck with a no network signal, some ROMs cannot even connect to my WiFi. One other thing. i checked my checked phone and wondered why it became a Gen 3? I really appreciate all the help I could get. Thank you very much and more power to all the DEVs. :( :( :(

Guest Snap.IT

Deleted my original reply because I'm not engaging with that sort of stupidity - "if you don't like it, don't use it" is a moronic reply.

I didn't "slate" anyone - I just suggested there were better ways of offering adblocking (an app which is updatable or removeable is better in every possible way) - if people want it, great - if not it's easily removed.

There's always a MR ANGRY tho isn't there - everything is black and white, right or wrong, plaudits or slatings

I can't be badword bothered with it anymore tbh

You should ask for a full refund. :wacko:

Guest Snap.IT

That's 'piracy' - whether it's illegal depends what you're doing or where you live, of course - again you're in a "black and white" world tho, everything is 'right or wrong' or 'legal or illegal'...

I actually don't care about the legality - I care that someone's chosen to include adblocking in a way that's neither obvious to the enduser or easily removed. That, to me, suggests someone likes to foist their 'morality' on others which isn't great tbh

It's not piracy nor is adblocking illegal ANYWHERE in the world.

I have on several occasions made my views on piracy known on this forum but adblocking? You're being ridiculous. I have every right to decide what is sent and stored on my phone.

It IS clearly stated that it has a changed HOSTS file for adblocking, if you didn't read before installing you have only yourself to blame.

Guest BladeRunner10

:( HELP NEEDED!!! I flashed my ZTE blade recently with a Swedish Spring RLS5 and when i rebooted it I lost my network signal. I typed *#06# and my IMEI is unkown.i used to have MokeeOS as my daily rom but it got laggy so i changed it to Swedish Spring RLS5. I tried other roms compatible with my Blade but to no avail I am stuck with a no network signal, some ROMs cannot even connect to my WiFi. One other thing. i checked my phone and wondered why it became a Gen 3? I really appreciate all the help I could get. Thank you very much and more power to all the DEVs. :(

repost: hoping someone out there could help me :(

Guest elrond_bs

Why do you post same post twice??! flixblixclix already answered you. Download Swedish-Snow-RLS7-TPT.zip from page 1 and follow TPT instructions (also there). This should fix any bugs.

If this doesn't help - flash this from Recovery.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest elrond_bs

This ROM is Gingerbread (2.3), there is nothing to update. Last update was more than a half year ago and it is not maintained anymore. If you want the most up-to-date ROM, try CyanogenMod 10 - KonstaKANG (4.1 - Jelly Bean).

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest squee666
could you make an other update, because this rom is getting outdate ...

Maybe because he stopped developing the rom.

Also its based off stock gingerbread not cyanogenmod so its been outdated long time if you compare that also. But this rom still proves to be awesome. If he made an update based on cm7.2 great results would be had but he's too busy devolping 4.1 jellybean atm.

please help me whats the difference between "Swedish Snow Rls7" and "Swedish Snow Rls2" Which rom is the newest... Swedish Snow Rls2's Link is dead can you give any other link...pls pls i really want it..

:( HELP NEEDED!!! I flashed my ZTE blade recently with a Swedish Spring RLS5 and when i rebooted it I lost my network signal. I typed *#06# and my IMEI is uknown.i used to have MokeeOS as my daily rom but it got laggy so i changed it to Swedish Spring RLS5. i tried other roms compatible with my Blade but to no avail I am stuck with a no network signal, some ROMs cannot even connect to my WiFi. One other thing. i checked my checked phone and wondered why it became a Gen 3? I really appreciate all the help I could get. Thank you very much and more power to all the DEVs. :( :( :(

JUST FLASH STOCK ROM WHICH U GOT WITH PHONE....U WILL GET YOUR IMEI NO. BACK DONT WORRY..I HAD ALSO LOST BUT AFTER FLASHING STOCK ROM I GOT MY IMEI N. BACK.