[ROM] ZTE Skate - CM7: Ice Armor III. [Ice Armor III+ DOWNLOAD NOW]

Guest kelzsoca

I experienced the issue reported a few days ago with the notifications getting stuck. I received an email, went to click it and instead it shifted to the right a little and then I was unable to click to view it and all other notifications failed to do anything. I had to reboot the phone to fix it.

Edited by H3ROS

Problem- cannot logcat as problem is random

Upon opening the Notifications Area, it will periodically freeze or freeze when pushing a notification to the right. The bar can be closed again, but none of the notification area controls are responsive. Skate requires reboot

Guest AbrantesPT

Hi

I have instaled IceArmour on my zteskate wife telephone

i found that the application "Car HOme" (a google app.) https://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.carhome&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5nb29nbGUuYW5kcm9pZC5jYXJob21lIl0. was not there!

I used the same rom file i used in my telephone, zte skate either

in market says that CAR HOME is not compatible with my device!!! (my wife device...). How its possible if i have it instaled on my phone that is the same model ???

How can i install CAR HOME on her phone?

would apreciate some help, Thanks!

Guest AbrantesPT

Hi

i found that the application "Car HOme" (a google app.) https://market.andro...C5jYXJob21lIl0. was not there!

in market says that CAR HOME is not compatible with my device!!! (my wife device...). How its possible if i have it instaled on my phone that is the same model ???

I Dont know why CAR HOME was not installed, but i found my self solution, its here: http://www.droid-life.com/2010/10/01/download-google-car-home-app/

Guest NorthernNoel

The default settings on this rom didn't work for me. But after calibrating, it's working fine:

prox_theshold_hi = 952

theshold_lo = 762

int_time = 246

adc_time = 255

wait_time = 255

intr_filter = 0

config = 0

pulse_cnt = 4

gain= 32

Calibrating set mine too high so the screen wouldn't turn off. That was pretty annoying as I kept hanging up with my ear. However I manually edited the prox_data.txt in data/misc through root explorer to these settings, rebooted and all is well cheers :D

Guest kelzsoca

Problem- cannot logcat as problem is random

Upon opening the Notifications Area, it will periodically freeze or freeze when pushing a notification to the right. The bar can be closed again, but none of the notification area controls are responsive. Skate requires reboot

yes, is a known bug.

Guest ronc2000

Hi

i found that the application "Car HOme" (a google app.) https://market.andro...C5jYXJob21lIl0. was not there!

This was my post in #269 but has yet to get any definitive explanation:

---------------------

Something strange.

I have 3 OMCs to do the roms and have decided finally on IA 2 rom.

Normally after you have changed to a new rom, it will start with "Touch the Android to begin" screen. But one of the phone always boot to a "normal" "home" screen so ready to be used without touching the Adroid to start.

I have re-flashed it again and again many times and it always boot to a normal screen.

The other 2 phone behaved "normally" with "Touch the Android to begin" screen. I have also re-flashed these phones many times just to confirm what should happen.

I thought the presence (or absence) of a sim card may make the difference but it was not the case.

I do all 3 wipes every time I re-flashed. All 3 phones are identical OMC, TPTed to 150MB system and 35MB cache.

Any one figure out what is happening to the "odd" phone?

I have just compared the apps installed in the newly flashed phones:

The "odd" one:

26 items : including SIM Toolkit, and Search (a magnifying glass) but no Car Home / Google Search

"Normal" one:

26 items: including Car Home and Google Search but NOT SIM Toolkit, and Search (a magnifying glass) as in the "odd" one.

I swear I flashed them with the same ZTE_SKATE_Ice_Armor_II.zip dated Feb 3.

So any hint on what happened?

---------------------

Guest PedroVader

Don't know about your odd phone issue, but you could backup the carhome apk on the one that has it, and just transfer it across from there to the odd one.

Or use tpt helper to image the good phone, then flash it to the troublesome one.

Guest dibbles

Is anyone noting "show keyguard" partial wakes when checking the betterbatterystats...?

Not a great deal but 40 mins or so of partial wakes in 24 hrs, not noticed this one at all when using a different ROM.

Guest NorthernNoel

Calibrating set mine too high so the screen wouldn't turn off. That was pretty annoying as I kept hanging up with my ear. However I manually edited the prox_data.txt in data/misc through root explorer to these settings, rebooted and all is well cheers :D

Actually scrap that. Just had a call go to black screen again. :angry: Not sure where else to go with this.

Edit:

I ran the calibration tool again and then changed the prx_theshold_hi to 952 and it's working at the moment. Low is set to 949 so there is not much in it. I guess I'll just have to see how it goes. The other numbers all appear to stay the same so I guess it's the high and low that are the important ones.

Edited by NorthernNoel

Guest AbrantesPT

Download GAPPS package=>link

kelzsoca ^^ u always "fix" my needs!! It worked ;) , Thanks again.

Also aflter flashing GAPPS package the "Touch the Android to begin" as apeared, that didnt happened before when i first installed the ROM.

ronc2000, i think u have here your solution too...

Now the only issue i have is that i can't send/recieve MMS's from ppl that uses diferent provider. From the same provider that i use (optimus) it works normaly. But this is not about IceArmour, i had this issue with factory rom.. I guess its about mms settings... i cant figure out! i installed APN PORTUGAL (my country) but issue remains :(

Any hint?

Guest AbrantesPT

Actually scrap that. Just had a call go to black screen again. :angry: Not sure where else to go with this.

Edit:

I ran the calibration tool again and then changed the prx_theshold_hi to 952 and it's working at the moment. Low is set to 949 so there is not much in it. I guess I'll just have to see how it goes. The other numbers all appear to stay the same so I guess it's the high and low that are the important ones.

NorthernNoel i had same issue like u, and i spent many hours in foruns to fix it.

After routing my phone i could edit prox_data.txt . If u set the right values it will work and u will not have to worry anymore. Remember to boot your phone after edit prox_data.txt !!! And if its working well, DONT use calibration tool again, or it will not work again and u will have to edit file again. The values for my OMC are a bit diferent from yours. My OMC proximity sensor is working perfect. if u wont my values just say it. (i dont have here the phone right now).

Guest bartvdv

thanks for this pretty simple almost basic rom .

FM radio works fine in US mode 200Khz steps but in EU mode 100Khz steps it only scans from 87.5 to 90.9 and goes back to 87.5 and in the US mode I miss most of my favorite radio stations ...

tried to update the radio but it is a system app and i can't replace it

can the original skate FM radio be integrated somehow ? , it had 9 presets

everything else so far so good

Guest NorthernNoel

Edit:

These settings are working ok for me after a couple of days use. It looks as though it's different for everyone but at least I know what to change in future.

Guest bartvdv

I am probably, well I know I am, an old man ...

"fixed" the radio by going to the freq in the first pre-set at 98.7 and then down to 91.1 Mhz put the stations I wanted in a pre-set and now it works...

Just received my new mic converter cable so I can talk and use a good headphone however if I receive a phone call I can't take the call by pressing the mic button for a sec ( or less ) I have to get the phone out and slide to take the call ... so I gained just about nothing ... can't find any real handsfree setting ... and I wonder is there any ancient handsfree setting in this rom version ?????

Guest bartvdv

Installed headset button controller to no avail, since it doesn't recognize any button clicks from the wired headset, back to the stock rom and yes that part is working just fine one click answers, two clicks hang u, it doesn't need headset button controller so I wasted another 2 euro ...

Edited by bartvdv

Guest Productivity

Has anyone had a problem with widgets on Ice Armour?

Widgets for my installed apps just don't show up in the "choose widget" menu. Meaning I haven't been able to add them to my homescreen.

Widgets for all the stock apps are there but none of the downloaded ones?

This is the case in both launcher pro and the stock launcher.

Guest JThumar

You might have installed them on SD card.........move them to phone memory and they will show up in the options....

Has anyone had a problem with widgets on Ice Armour?

Widgets for my installed apps just don't show up in the "choose widget" menu. Meaning I haven't been able to add them to my homescreen.

Widgets for all the stock apps are there but none of the downloaded ones?

This is the case in both launcher pro and the stock launcher.

Guest Productivity

You might have installed them on SD card.........move them to phone memory and they will show up in the options....

Thanks JThumar!

I was being a real dope there!

Guest Productivity

I must say, I'm really loving this rom. Thanks kelzsoca!

With the status bar on the bottom of the screen and the soft buttons for home, menu and back, it is awesome!