Best Way Forward Please

Guest Cozza

Hi Guys

I currently have the R8 software installed on my vega, should I install vegacombe and if so can I install this over the top of my existing R8 software.

I thank you in advance for any advise given.

Cheers.

Hi Guys

I currently have the R8 software installed on my vega, should I install vegacombe and if so can I install this over the top of my existing R8 software.

I thank you in advance for any advise given.

Cheers.

I doubt the partition layout is the same so you should follow the instructions on the Tabletroms site and first flash Moddedstock 1 or2.

Guest dibbles

Before you do anything I would ask yourself what you would like to do with your tablet that you can't or what is it that you feel the need to change.

Whilst trying out a Honey Comb ROM can give you a very aesthetically pleasing tablet, if that is what you like, it can also be a real nightmare for some people who have issues with bad nand block, as well as other potential issues. Other people find it a great experience and it can work really well for them.

I never bothered with the R8 software and both myself and my wife have the Corvus ROM with SP 1 and a HC theme. It works very very well and it really fast and responsive, as well as being very stable.

Running the VC or the latest HI ROM on my wife's tablets was never the best of experiences and as she likes playing one particular game which refuses to install or run in HC there is little point in perusing it for her.

On my tablet the HI (Honey Ice) ROM works well, although the latest release was very slow. I have, for the time being, gone back to the Corvus ROM and I have noticed just how fast the tablet is, albeit the Corvus (2.2 Froyo) was not specifically designed for such a device.

Have a read over at the forum noted above and also check out some vids on Youtube and then think what is it that you need to change for and be aware of the potential issues you might come across and then you will be better informed on how to deal with them.

Best of luck :)

Guest IanTurner

Wouldn't bother with honeyice at the moment as areo got sloppy with checking up on ownership of apps and availability has been suspended subject to him getting back from holiday and removing the setcpu app. (see herefor a discussion).

In fact honeyice has now been discontinued.

Edited by IanTurner