Cannot add apn with both cyanogen and miui

Guest ltpitt

Hi all,

I've finally tried those great roms but I can't use my sim to surf the internet.

At first I couldn't phone then I disabled sim pin lock and phone started calling.

Now I can't add apn.

I've wiped and flashed again without luck.

Instead of reading vodafone.it I read a few numbers...

I've read a bit of info here but no luck anyway :(

Sent from my Liquid MT using Tapatalk

Edited by ltpitt

Guest Smeelious

What's apn exactly?

Access Point Name

Basically they tell your phone how to get at the internet...without them you can't.

As for the actual problem...it sometimes takes me a long long time toggling airplane mode / data to get the apn to show up. But they do show up eventually. Make sure to select one when they do. Once you get them once, you don't need to do it again unless you do a wipe / install a new rom.

The number that shows up is likely the carrier ID for Vodaphone IT.

itpitt tell me this thing, Do you not get your internet settings from your internet provider or when you switch to airplane mode and back the phone doesnt connect to the provider at all?

Hello my friends...

I've never been able to surf the internet with miui (or cyanogen) now I think I need to follow Smeelious' suggestions...

Can I ask you the precise procedure to follow, mate?

Do you have the internet settings?

The problem is that i cannot add an apn.

When I save it it gets lost.

Smeelious suggested the airplane mode trick and I've been trying for hours (I didn't stop, anyway :) ) but for now no results.

I enable airplane, wait a little then disable it again and run into apn settings to see if my apn is detected: no luck for now.

Try reverting back to 3.3.6 and then check if apn is working then go back to CM7.

If I revert to t&l or dmd everything is working without problems.

I re-wipe, re-flash miui o cyano and wham: the apn is gone.

Also tried cleaning dalvik cache and standard cache: no luck.

Give me logcat of cm7

Yessir!

Since I have to flash it back...

Do you have anything to reccommend when I flash it?

Any procedures, any updates, any special file to add?

Guest Smeelious

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1119987

You can try this method too. Works for some people.

You can try "fix permissions" in Rom manager as well...works for other people.

Some people have luck with just removing the battery / sim, replacing and going.

As for myself, honestly, I play with all the settings. Airplane, data, 2g/3g, switching the CDMA/GSM only / pref / auto.

Eventually something clicks. It's a really weird bug since it does recognize the carrier, it just doesn't want to plop in the APN. Manually entered APNs DO save, they just don't appear in the list because CM doesn't associate them with your carrier.

Edited by Smeelious

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1119987

You can try this method too. Works for some people.

You can try "fix permissions" in Rom manager as well...works for other people.

Some people have luck with just removing the battery / sim, replacing and going.

As for myself, honestly, I play with all the settings. Airplane, data, 2g/3g, switching the CDMA/GSM only / pref / auto.

Eventually something clicks. It's a really weird bug since it does recognize the carrier, it just doesn't want to plop in the APN. Manually entered APNs DO save, they just don't appear in the list because CM doesn't associate them with your carrier.

Thank you my friend for your time and patience: I'll try all the info you kindly posted.

For davidevinavil:

I just did a logcat (fresh install) and here's the result:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3900156/logfule.txt

I hope it can be of any help

I tried to be sneaky...

I've wiped again and installed t&l (apn were simply working great "out of the box") and then I've used the app suggested by smeelious' link to backup apn data.

Then I've flashed miui again and restored apn from the famous APNs backup app.

No luck.

More news and information about the problem...

I've tried latest cyano 7.21: data is not working anyway.

I also saw that if I go in "Network operators", after a search I get:

"Error while searching for networks"

Guest white_snake

Seems this bug is related to Vodafone and H3G 128k SIM cards... I'm suffering from this bug too (Vodafone IT 128k) :(

However, this is the output of 'adb logcat -b radio' on t&l rom (everything working well):

http://pastebin.com/5P1nWGZg

Same on cm7.21, freshly flashed

http://pastebin.com/arHEcPTN

at certain point i had to deactivate pin code check, otherwise i cannot lock to operator's network

Hope this can help a bit

Guest white_snake

oh my god O_O

So nobody using successfully CM or MIUI has a usim?

Most of the users are stuck with stock roms, which are working quite well. Some roms can manage them too, including t&l and Gingerounay.

Cyanogen and MIUI, from what i can see, are using lgeqcom ril classes, and cannot manage usim response.

Commenting ro.telephony.ril_class=lgeqcom in /system/build.prop at least leads network search and selection, still doesn't recognize the carrier with its name but MCC+MNC.

Still cannot manage all the RIL responses: Unrecognized unsol response: 1037

Working on that.

Edited by white_snake

Most of the users are stuck with stock roms, which are working quite. Some roms can manage them too, including t&l and Gingerounay.

Cyanogen and MIUI, from what i can see, are using lgeqcom ril classes, and cannot manage usim response.

Commenting ro.telephony.ril_class=lgeqcom in /system/build.prop at least leads network search and selection, still doesn't recognize the carrier with its name but MCC+MNC.

Working on that.

God bless you!

If I can be of any help (testing, praying, bringing coffee) just ask.

I have no dev skills but if you want you can train me like a monkey :)

Guest votantonio

Most of the users are stuck with stock roms, which are working quite. Some roms can manage them too, including t&l and Gingerounay.

Working on that.

I check and on muiu that i have now on my phone.

Beta release - 1/12/9

MIUI 1.12.9 Dl Link

sim isn't recognizing

but the data connection is working and also i can use sim. In the system/build.prop i have this line:

ro.telephony.ril_class=acer

Do you think i can try to modify with same value?

Edited by votantonio

Guest icanrule

This is more of a work around and less of a fix. But I installed the APN Manager. I use the program because after I flash a new rom usually my apn is lost. This allows me to easily restore it. But it may fix your issues.

Guest votantonio

This is more of a work around and less of a fix. But I installed the APN Manager. I use the program because after I flash a new rom usually my apn is lost. This allows me to easily restore it. But it may fix your issues.

APN Manager doesn't work. I already try it