[ROM] CyanogenMod 7.2 | Kernel 2.6.32 | Camera works

Guest pier11

Thank for you respond!!!

Thanks for log. You've got melfas touchscreen. I've just recently compiled in driver for it. And it appear doesn't quite work. I don't have this piece of hardware - unable to test...

<4>[1, swapper] [	1.862036] synaptics-rmi-ts: probe of 0-0020 failed with error -5

<4>[1, swapper] [	2.666534] cpt_ts: probe of 0-000a failed with error -5

<6>[1, swapper] [	3.171451] input: melfas-touchscreen as /devices/virtual/input/input0

<4>[1, swapper] [	3.274739]  <4>cypress-innolux-ts: probe of 0-0025 failed with error -5

I've had similar to yours report already.

Edited by pier11

Guest desalesouche

hi;- i cannot reboot in recovery...in any way i have blue screenwith id machine etc...cannot create parttion with rom manager my camera doesnt work ...it was better with cm72-u8220-with-camera.zip i have a lot of rebbot...force close with market and camera...

will u try to fix that?

Hello!

I download this rom and install it with all instructions.

But when I touch screen, my device is reboot.

This is my dmesg: http://pastebin.com/m3bfVbWA

Dmesg captured with other rom, but i think, it does not hurt to diagnose the problem.

I'm sorry for bad english. I am belarussian.

Can you also connect via with adb if you can to the device and get dmesg after it boots. But not touching the screen yet.

Want to figure if your melfas at least got probed successfully.

Guest thisweb

Wow thats incredible work!! Been looking at this site for years ...and I foolishly just gone and bought me a Galaxy S2 for xmas. It will never match the love I had for my pulse. And for the record the pulse has 2 things better than the S2 1) the jog ball (I cannot tell you how much easier it is to edit text with that than having to use fat fingers, I really really miss it) 2) The cover over the USB port. Very few phones have this now but why? get anything stuck in there, damage the pins, and the rest of the phone has to be thrown away, its the most important bit. Will be testing this ROM over the weekend. The pulse is dead. Long live the pulse.!!

Guest agitate

[snip]

2) The cover over the USB port. Very few phones have this now but why? get anything stuck in there, damage the pins, and the rest of the phone has to be thrown away, its the most important bit.

I hate to be cynical, but the answer is in your question. If you damage the USB port and have to throw away the phone, then you will have to buy a new phone from the very same people who removed the USB port cover. Kerching!

Will be testing this ROM over the weekend. The pulse is dead. Long live the pulse.!!

Pulse is nearly as capable phone as modern budget devices based on msm7227 chip, like Ideos X3 or ZTE Score, ZTE Avail.

We have GPU countrary to cheaper msm7225 devices, higher screen resolution than them.

It's just Qualcomm who decided drop support for our chipset after cupcake. That's why no updates from Huawei. It was as same heroic effort from them to release Eclair on unsupported kernel tree. Now I did the same for froyo kernel tree...

Guest Dante2070

I'm yet to experience Market crash... Never happened so far. (Though I did not install much yet).

Did you install gapps from the first link?

Did you wipe everything clean befor install as suggested in instructions?..

Do you have enough space in system partition (UK 2010 layout or better for u8220 device) ?

Installed gapps from the link (only market was there, no youtube, no maps - got those later)

Everything was wiped

Yes, I updated from TXG's room, partition space is the same

Market is crashing when installing 4 apps or more at a time.

There also seems to be a problem when using samba (enables access to sdcard via wifi, just have to type //android in windows explorer). My phone restarts after a few minutes if the app is on, which is every time since it activates with wifi.

There also seems to be a problem when using samba (enables access to sdcard via wifi, just have to type //android in windows explorer). My phone restarts after a few minutes if the app is on, which is every time since it activates with wifi.

Did it work for you before? (samba via wifi)

Samba is not compiled in this build due to space constraint for boot image. Newer kernel is bigger by itself, but our boot partition is very limited - 2.5MB...

And I did not install 4 apps at a time :) 2 max :)

TGX does not change partition layout as any custom rom. Official roms - do.

EDIT:

it also looks to me that the support was not there even in the original huawei .29 kernel:

# CONFIG_SMB_FS is not set

# CONFIG_CIFS is not set

Did you use some custom kernel for that functionality?

Edited by pier11

Guest El Nino9

hey guys. excellent work once again. few questions.. are the libs for opengl being copied from CM7 from the htc hero? or were they from another source?

another question is, is it easy to get sensor OV7670 working? (i .e. front cam) as it would allow gtalk video to work on the pulse? i don't understand how the camera.apk works as the orignal eclair rom had option to switch to secondary camera in the menu tab.

i do not know how useful this link maybe to you but i believe this sensor is used in this project and has a 2.6.34 kernel and i believe it is based on an arm architecture.

cheers

hey guys. excellent work once again. few questions.. are the libs for opengl being copied from CM7 from the htc hero? or were they from another source?

another question is, is it easy to get sensor OV7670 working? (i .e. front cam) as it would allow gtalk video to work on the pulse? i don't understand how the camera.apk works as the orignal eclair rom had option to switch to secondary camera in the menu tab.

i do not know how useful this link maybe to you but i believe this sensor is used in this project and has a 2.6.34 kernel and i believe it is based on an arm architecture.

cheers

Front camera is supported just as well as the main camera.

I'd guess it's a limitation of CM's Camera application as not very many devices feature it. (Or may be advantage of stock Huawei camera software).

Does gTalk work with the front camera in the moment? Can you try other camera apps from market to see if they can work with our front camera?

It is in fact very exciting topic - to have video chat on Pulse. We need to investigate it in full as we have complete low level support for both cameras and very latest gingerbread which supposedly should have ability for video chat.

As for OpenGL - I don't know where sun lbx get it from :) He did not say.

Edited by pier11

Do we really need this pre-installed? Wouldn't a separate update.zip also do the job, like for the gapps?

yes this would be much cleaner and is possible and help people who want to use other apps different from a2sd.

possible to just delete a2sd from /bin in zip file? and associated scripts in root of zip file?

also pier could you post that patched set mac app as an .apk? don't ask me why but i uninstalled set mac!

cheers

Edited by peelie

Guest lloco73

i tested some more this rom on U8230 and must say that in my opinion it needs some litle more improvements:

• Wireless - it continuos drops connection, also MAC address changed;
  • Market app hanging;
  • overclock,I used oficial rom and then updated to a overclocked rom (FLB 1.7oc) and the improvements were noted drastically (at least for me)
  • Recovery, on clockworkmod installed in this rom if you select reboot into recovey you will be prompted to reboot but it does not reboots to recovery, also i've tested it with quickboot app and it gave me the same result;
  • also i don't know if it's a bug on kernel but i think that usb driver should be the same has previous android roms, cause everybody who has a pulse have the driver installed and for compatibility purposes it should be the same driver for this one.
  • More languages would be nice

For those that don't have the usb drivers here they are

i tested some more this rom on U8230 and must say that in my opinion it needs some litle more improvements:

• Wireless - it continuos drops connection, also MAC address changed;

• overclock,I used oficial rom and then updated to a overclocked rom (FLB 1.7oc) and the improvements were noted drastically (at least for me)

• Recovery, on clockworkmod installed in this rom if you select reboot into recovey you will be prompted to reboot but it does not reboots to recovery, also i've tested it with quickboot app and it gave me the same result;

-- reported several times. I don't know where to start. Ideas? Did it ever work with .29 kernel + cm7 ?

[*]also i don't know if it's a bug on kernel but i think that usb driver should be the same has previous android roms, cause everybody who has a pulse have the driver installed and for compatibility purposes it should be the same driver for this one.

-- make sense, but work around is simple too... thus not really a show stopper.

[*]More languages would be nice

-- agreed. Don't know how yet. Also concern is limited ROM space we have.

For those that don't have the usb drivers here they are

-- Thanks for your time and feedback. Trully appreciated.

Edited by pier11

also pier could you post that patched set mac app as an .apk? don't ask me why but i uninstalled set mac!

take it from the rom, it's just an app.

data/app/in.introkun.setmacaddress-mod.apk

Edited by pier11

Did it work for you before? (samba via wifi)

Samba is not compiled in this build due to space constraint for boot image. Newer kernel is bigger by itself, but our boot partition is very limited - 2.5MB...

First, yeap, I could confirm that samba worked (and still works) on .29 kernel...

And about boot partition thing. As a linux user (used to use it a lot, but not now) isn't it possible just to link the boot partition to be some place else (data partition, even sdcard)? I know I could decide to be on a newly created partition, on system partition or in home partition on older linux distributions (I don't think it changed much).

First, yeap, I could confirm that samba worked (and still works) on .29 kernel...

And about boot partition thing. As a linux user (used to use it a lot, but not now) isn't it possible just to link the boot partition to be some place else (data partition, even sdcard)? I know I could decide to be on a newly created partition, on system partition or in home partition on older linux distributions (I don't think it changed much).

boot partition is where raw kernel image is located. There is no file system there - nothing to re-link.

we don't control which partition bootloader decides to load; neither sizes of our partitions (other than installing different official roms...)

boot partition is where raw kernel image is located. There is no file system there - nothing to re-link.

we don't control which partition bootloader decides to load; neither sizes of our partitions (other than installing different official roms...)

I won't give up. I'll try to find I way.

(after my exams that is)

Do you have enough space in system partition (UK 2010 layout or better for u8220 device) ?

Maybe we should just start telling people they have to start with the Tre 2.1 update in order to install custom roms. It might clear up some confusion. And, IIRC, the Tre rom has an even larger /system partition than UK 2010. (And it is possible that the CHT8000 rom is even larger than that, but I don't have specific proof.)

Maybe we should just start telling people they have to start with the Tre 2.1 update in order to install custom roms. It might clear up some confusion. And, IIRC, the Tre rom has an even larger /system partition than UK 2010. (And it is possible that the CHT8000 rom is even larger than that, but I don't have specific proof.)

Hey, twrock!

What concerned me with Tre rom is that people reported some issues to revert back from that rom, as I recollect?.. (Or was it Hungarian?) Some official downgrade to 1.5 was required (?)

Do you know any side effects from flashing that rom?..

(Same last question is for CHT8000).

It is in fact very exciting topic ....

This whole thread is a very exciting topic. :D

Great work Pier and others who are getting things working.

May I suggest that when you OC this kernel, you limit the default speed to something more reasonable, like 614? I don't know how many people it affects, but my phone can not complete a boot sequence at 691mhz. (But, yes, if you don't choose to do that, I think I know how to fix it for my own use.)

Hey, twrock!

What concerned me with Tre rom is that people reported some issues to revert back from that rom, as I recollect?.. (Or was it Hungarian?) Some official downgrade to 1.5 was required (?)

Do you know any side effects from flashing that rom?..

(Same last question is for CHT8000).

I have no problems with Tre whatsoever. I have "reverted" back and forth from Tre to other updates with no problems many times.

It is a great base rom because it give so much /system space. Additionally, it shows a Huawei splash screen vs. the Pulse splash screen.

Even though I have a CHT8000, I have worked very little with the official update, mostly because I did not need to. But over in the Zebadger thread about splitting the updates, you mentioned wanting to get more /system space. CHT8000 just might have the most, but I can't recall for sure.

Edited by twrock

I have no problems with Tre whatsoever. It is a great base rom because it give so much /system space. Additionally, it shows a Huawei splash screen vs. the Pulse splash screen.

Even though I have a CHT8000, I have worked very little with the official update, mostly because I did not need to. But over in the Zebadger thread about splitting the updates, you mentioned wanting to get more /system space. CHT8000 just might have the most, but I can't recall for sure.

Thanks for info. Are both roms are floating around here? Especially the latter as seems less common...

Do you know by a chance maybe some rom also featured bigger boot partition? That's really limiting features in the kernel... We only have 2.5MB space...

Thanks for info. Are both roms are floating around here? Especially the latter as seems less common...

Do you know by a chance maybe some rom also featured bigger boot partition? That's really limiting features in the kernel... We only have 2.5MB space...

Unfortunately, no, I've never seen any rom with a boot partition larger than 2.5mb.

I'll dig up some links for those two official updates, and post them (or upload them myself if they aren't already out there).

IIRC, I think one thing I didn't like about CHT8000 was that they wasted more /data space by adding internal "sd card" space. It might be that that was simple enough to remove by adding "hw_internal_sd=false" to build.prop. But I think that won't be an issue when installing a mod rom on top of it. (It wouldn't be a "real" partition, would it?)

Edit: I already had the official Tre update uploaded to Mediafire. Here you go: http://www.mediafire...iddw2bpbiydkrso

And here is the CHT8000 update: http://www.mediafire...aczg6255676jku7

Edited by twrock