[ROM] CyanogenMod 7.2 | Kernel 2.6.32 | Camera works

Guest pier11

First, thanks for all your work!

finally our pulse get .32 kernel!

I flashed this ROM, the camera is work!(this is most important for me)

But I had a problem is I cannot sign in my google account.

I don't know why.

Is anyone have the same problem like me?

not me.

but I skipped initial set up, as do not have 3G data. I registered myself just later...

not me.

but I skipped initial set up, as do not have 3G data. I registered myself just later...

Oh. I found the problem, is Wifi problem.

need to turn off and turn on again.

Guest desalesouche

hi again pier hope you have a good day....here²s the result of test i²ve been doing since you released that rom but i think you already know that...;)

lot of force close with market/cameravideo is not working so good as in doc flo rom(freeze of the cam/doesn²t record video)/force close with camera app/problems to put apps from internal storage to ext sd.the phone is quite slow...oc at528...i know you will do it faster... do i have to reinstall it after installation of tre rom?

...but it was ok to install doc flo rom...so i don²t know...will swap would work with your next update?

thx

Edited by desalesouche

Guest clewsyworld

Hi, im on the old CM 6.1 rom and have been away since then, however notice that we seem to have come on further still. Is there a new Kernal out now for the Pulse?

Can I run the new improvements on my phone? I haven't done it for a while and certainly haven't the new kernal. Can someone be nice and friendly and explain the process I need to go though to update my Pulse. Ideally I would like a fairly stable rom, however as long as GPS and Teathering work, I dont really mind.

Guest Freon35

Hi, im on the old CM 6.1 rom and have been away since then, however notice that we seem to have come on further still. Is there a new Kernal out now for the Pulse?

Can I run the new improvements on my phone? I haven't done it for a while and certainly haven't the new kernal. Can someone be nice and friendly and explain the process I need to go though to update my Pulse. Ideally I would like a fairly stable rom, however as long as GPS and Teathering work, I dont really mind.

This ROM is good but not yet for daily use.

It need's to be polished a bit more.

pier11, I install your patch and all works!!! Yeah!!! Thank you very mutch!!!

Will you include this patch for release??

Thanks for feedback, good to know that Melfas touchscreen started to work.

Definitely I will include the patch to mainstream.

By now updated the first page with the info.

gps works with me (using osmand app)

though location does take a bit, any chance of using gps trick to speed up location for European users that AntonioPT used in one of his roms?

cheers

Guest desalesouche

hi; about apps2sd gui...if i put apps on sd or apps on internal storage i have the same result....i mean internal memory free 29/80 it is the same in both position

sd ext 427/457 ............./cache19 free/20

about ram information 29 free/107

swap 46free/62

total 75 mb free /169 did i do something wrong...or apps2 sd is not working....

i know i am still a noob :P but less than a few days ago....

thx

Guest desalesouche

a2sdgui mounts /ext2 partition on SD and installs there. Also a2sdgui can move dalvick cashe to SD (ext2) so it releases a lot of space for apps.

do i do that with terminal emulator? thx

Guest desalesouche

I can not move apps to SD. What am I doing wrong? Sorry for my bad english i am from Venezuela

hola que tal...no te preocupes; tu ingles esta bueno...:) para tu problema vas en parametro pues cyanogen mod....application pues mover en sd clik en el para poner el signo verdey despues lugar de instalacion elige automatico...para algunos; eso anda bien...contame si es ok para ti...saludos de francia...:P

Guest Dante2070

do i do that with terminal emulator? thx

No. That's what a2sdgui is for (Graphic User Interface). The whole purpose of the app is to not to have to use Terminal Emulator.

Regarding the apps not being on sdcard, I encountered the same issue before. It turned out that the apps where installed on sdcard and when I moved them back, they didn't really move back to the phone. If you compare the app size and size of phone storage, you should see where the app is located.

I suggest restarting your device after moving, maybe something needs to "reload" to show accurate readings.

Guest El Nino9

Front camera is supported just as well as the main camera.

I'd guess it's a limitation of CM's Camera application as not very many devices feature it. (Or may be advantage of stock Huawei camera software).

Does gTalk work with the front camera in the moment? Can you try other camera apps from market to see if they can work with our front camera?

It is in fact very exciting topic - to have video chat on Pulse. We need to investigate it in full as we have complete low level support for both cameras and very latest gingerbread which supposedly should have ability for video chat.

As for OpenGL - I don't know where sun lbx get it from :) He did not say.

Front Camera maybe supported but how do you switch to it then?i also try with LG camera but find no way to switch.

Gtalk could not find camera either so did not allow video chat. i don't have skype account so i do not know how to test that. i believe cm camera doesn't have limitations as i am 90% confident that "newer" hardware such as xperia line and the last 2 developer phones have this feature in there.

once again thanks for your quick answers. appreciate it all. i am thinking of what other devices which have same/similar chipsets have open gl libs which we can "borrow" for our devices in hope in case our devices are out dated.

as for wifi issues i haven't had any strangely. would updating the wifi driver from the zte blade source help us? i believe they have the same wifi chip as us and have fixed their wifi issues? (i may be wrong with this)

as for wifi issues i haven't had any strangely. would updating the wifi driver from the zte blade source help us? i believe they have the same wifi chip as us and have fixed their wifi issues? (i may be wrong with this)

I know they have the same chip as us. But I don't know about status of their wifi - does it have any issues or what...

other closer to us in terms of wifi devices are u8100, u8110 and u8120. Actually we use "their" driver, source of which huawei has uploaded. Accidentally Ascend (m860) froyo rom has shipped driver for our wifi - ar6000.ko - but it works not better than the compiled one.

As for devices on our chip - search pdadb.net on msm7200a then click "Browse all devices based on MSM7200A" button there.

Also here is Camera.apk cm source, I believe. With regard to investigation whether it have front camera support or not...

Edited by pier11

Guest desalesouche

Maybe we should just start telling people they have to start with the Tre 2.1 update in order to install custom roms. It might clear up some confusion. And, IIRC, the Tre rom has an even larger /system partition than UK 2010. (And it is possible that the CHT8000 rom is even larger than that, but I don't have specific proof.)

hi; thx for all the great job you did ; and you will do...can you tell me the size of the partition of the tre rom? thx

Guest desalesouche

i canno²t move application from internal storage to sd card...i tried automatic option and external option in cyanogen mod...hope you can solve that... my u 8230 can be oc to 729 and i know some can go to 750 so it would be nice to oc that rom to 750 and let people choose what is the best for themself...mean if they want to underclock dohere it is the middle of the nite;;;sweet dreams everybody :lol:

one more suggestion to avoid freeze and reboot put compcache on defaut setting 18

Edited by desalesouche

pier11 is a great man! Thank you

I had wipe it,but I found it not have Chinese language,:(。Please add it。

true, internationalization is virtually absent in this build.

I've advanced in understanding how to do it a bit today...

Unfortunately, no, I've never seen any rom with a boot partition larger than 2.5mb.

I'll dig up some links for those two official updates, and post them (or upload them myself if they aren't already out there).

IIRC, I think one thing I didn't like about CHT8000 was that they wasted more /data space by adding internal "sd card" space. It might be that that was simple enough to remove by adding "hw_internal_sd=false" to build.prop. But I think that won't be an issue when installing a mod rom on top of it. (It wouldn't be a "real" partition, would it?)

Edit: I already had the official Tre update uploaded to Mediafire. Here you go: ...

And here is the CHT8000 update: ...

Thanks for the links.

Installed TRE and then CHT8000. For the record:

TRE 2.1:

system: 110MB

data: 80.25MB

CHT8000:

system: 110MB

data: 80.25MB

UK 2010:

system: 100MB

data: 90.25MB

the rest of partitions are the same between the three.

As one see partition layout of TRE and CHT8000 is identical.

EDIT:

updated above with CHT8000 data.

Edited by pier11