[ROM] CyanogenMod 7.2 | Kernel 2.6.32 | Camera works

Guest pier11

Guest welly123

true, internationalization is virtually absent in this build.

I've advanced in understanding how to do it a bit today...

Dear Pier

Kindly don't forget to add Arabic language too, Thanx in advance

Thanks for the links.

Installed TRE. For the record:

TRE 2.1:

system: 110MB

data: 80.25MB

UK 2010:

system: 100MB

data: 90.25MB

the rest of partitions are the same between the two.

Thanks for the confirmation. Yep, no wonder I never have problems running out of /system space. ;)

Since I always use Apps2SD/CacheSD anyway, I really like having a large /system partition to put things like the Chinese handwriting IME and other apps from my list of favorites. And this should give you plenty of space to include ADWLauncher and Filemanager in /system, if you decide to do that.

If/when you get around to Arabic support, you can have a look at this thread for reference:

Guest desalesouche

i put compcache at defaut setting (18)..so no more reboot and freeze...does the swap will be activate in next update ?

what about wifi problem?i cannot move application on sd card in automatic mode or external mode...do you have any idea? thx

Edited by desalesouche

I'm experiencing problems when I try to install this rom - I get a message "Validation error E:data/app/FileManager.apg is missing"

Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks for the confirmation. Yep, no wonder I never have problems running out of /system space. ;)

Since I always use Apps2SD/CacheSD anyway, I really like having a large /system partition to put things like the Chinese handwriting IME and other apps from my list of favorites. And this should give you plenty of space to include ADWLauncher and Filemanager in /system, if you decide to do that.

Installed CHT8000 and updated my original post with that findings:

"partition layout of TRE and CHT8000 is identical"

for ref:

UK 2010:

<5>[1, swapper] [	0.784281] 0x000002880000-0x000008c80000 : "system"

TRE 2.1:

<5>[1, swapper] [	0.744711] 0x000002880000-0x000009680000 : "system"

CHT8000

<5>[1, swapper] [	0.806913] 0x000002880000-0x000009680000 : "system"

I'm experiencing problems when I try to install this rom - I get a message "Validation error E:data/app/FileManager.apg is missing"

Any idea how to solve this?

I think "install from sd card" -> "toggle signatire verification" in recovery would help

Guest riartem

When i connect my device to PC with Windows XP it's recognized as Qualcomm HSUSB device and standart drivers can not setup.

What I doing wrong?

So, I search correct USB ADB drivers...

Edited by riartem

When i connect my device to PC with Windows XP it's recognized as Qualcomm HSUSB device and standart drivers can not setup.

What I doing wrong?

your observations are correct. I might change it how it were originally at some point.

So far new usb drivers help. They were posted several times in this thread... I don't use them - I use Ubuntu...

Edited by pier11

Guest lucam75

hola que tal...no te preocupes; tu ingles esta bueno...:) para tu problema vas en parametro pues cyanogen mod....application pues mover en sd clik en el para poner el signo verdey despues lugar de instalacion elige automatico...para algunos; eso anda bien...contame si es ok para ti...saludos de francia...:P

Hi thank you for helping :D but not found. I try Automatic, mem int. mem ext. Any other idea ?

Edited by lucam75

Guest Nickie!

What I doing wrong?

Asus Adb android drivers via microsoft search ;)

so great thanks a lot ....:) and is it possible to underclock from 750?various possibility?will try it...

On this one max clock is set to be 748.

Default is set to 528.

U can set it however u want in cmsettings > performance > cpu

thought would post screenie of running processes on this rom, never seen that amount of free memory before!

0ian9.png

ps also cheers for the OC flashable zip DD :)

Edited by peelie

Guest desalesouche

On this one max clock is set to be 748.

Default is set to 528.

U can set it however u want in cmsettings > performance > cpu

THX it is working fine...i can oc to 729...running very good...seem that a2sd not working; mean don²t move to sd.......alson no possibilyty to install apps from market code error 101 any information or fix/update about that...going to sleep a while thx everyone for everything :)

Thanks for the links.

Installed TRE and then CHT8000. For the record:

TRE 2.1:

CHT8000:

UK 2010:

system: 100MB

data: 90.25MB

the rest of partitions are the same between the three.

As one see partition layout of TRE and CHT8000 is identical.

EDIT:

updated above with CHT8000 data.

Great! Then it is clear that I don't need to try using the CHT8000 rom in the future. It is not different than the Tre. And I prefer the Huawei splash screen.

Thanks.

Guest gold-concert

We are waiting for ext3/ext4 and of course the Russian language in the firmware.

Thank you so much for what you are doing. Gave new life to the device.

Did not try to run the ICS on this device?

By the way, anyone can compile the latest version of CWR with the kernel 2.6.32?

Edited by gold-concert

Guest baotica

Dude this is much faster than cynogen 6.1.Hats down to you.

A2SD seems broken though.Tried a2sd reinstall, didn't do squat.Then I installed a2sdgui and did cache to SD klick.That did it, 72 MB of data partition free.But it seems that progs still install on data partition (SD-EXT partition is 760 MB but 76 MB data is on it, but that must be dalvik cache).

Anyhow, please repair that a2sd, or at least give a detailed instructions how to install apps to SD because no a2sd is no show for most of us.

PS

A2SDGUI reports that apps are on sd, and that swap is on (even if I know that swap is off, no matter that i have swap partition on SD).

Guest rulerofkaos

Dude this is much faster than cynogen 6.1.Hats down to you.

A2SD seems broken though.Tried a2sd reinstall, didn't do squat.Then I installed a2sdgui and did cache to SD klick.That did it, 72 MB of data partition free.But it seems that progs still install on data partition (SD-EXT partition is 760 MB but 76 MB data is on it, but that must be dalvik cache).

Anyhow, please repair that a2sd, or at least give a detailed instructions how to install apps to SD because no a2sd is no show for most of us.

PS

A2SDGUI reports that apps are on sd, and that swap is on (even if I know that swap is off, no matter that i have swap partition on SD).

Link2sd is working for me and a good alternative.

And considering swap, if I check the memory on terminal with the free command, it tells me that swap is activated. So maybe the kernel supports swap?

Edited by rulerofkaos