Help - might have bricked ZTE V9

Guest droidanddroid

Guest droidanddroid

Hi All,

I am a newbie so please be considerate. I have a ZTE V9 optus tablet given to me as a gift. The tablet is originally from australia and came with Cynagenmod 7 installed in it. After getting fed up with the poor quality of the screen and the apps present in the tab, one day I decided to just update the ROM.

I was unable to boot the device in clockwork recovery but finally managed to do so. Once booted in recovery I tried updating the ROM from a zip but along the way got everything a bit screwed up.

After this disaster, initially I was able to run commands (adb / fastboot) to send file and tried to install a new flash but now it is all gone down the drain. Picture shows what I get now.

ztev9screen.jpg

Please let me know if there is any chance of bringing this tablet back to life.

Thanks in advance.

post-960331-0-19023400-1327595961_thumb.

Edited by droidanddroid

• 1 year later...
Guest ldarius

I'm in the same situations after tutorial from the firs post.

http://www.modaco.co...-tutorial-here/

But I know that my v9 is booting because if I have a sim insterted and someone is calling me, it's ringing. And the power button brings the tablet from standby but I can not use screen because looks like the picture above, without "clockwor"

No FTM mode, no download mode, cannot flash via TFT mode.

When I connected to computer (windows 7) I have in Device Manager just some modem / usb composite devices.

ADB & fastboot dosen't works because the USB debugging mode is not enabled.

Any ideea?

Edited by ldarius

• 4 months later...