ClockworkMod v5 for the ZTE Skate

Guest tilal6991

Guest tilal6991

Hey guys. This is my build of ClockworkMod Recovery 5. It is completely up to date with the latest source from Koush and has everything working.

All the advantage is over older builds is that it is up to date and has bugs fixed on Koush's part. Plus everything is a nice ICS blue!

Happy flashing!

Download:

v5.5.0.4 - Mediafire

Guest Bazabaza

Hey guys. This is my build of ClockworkMod Recovery 5. It is completely up to date with the latest source from Koush and has everything working.

All the advantage is over older builds is that it is up to date and has bugs fixed on Koush's part. Plus everything is a nice ICS blue!

Happy flashing!

Download:

v5.5.0.4 - Mediafire

Thanks!

Guest Bazabaza

Happy flashing!

Download:

v5.5.0.4 - Mediafire

Flashed - Boot to recovery fine - keys don't seem to work, unable to navigate menus - am i doing something wrong here

Nice work tilal :)

Is it any faster at doing backups & restore?

Its just the recovery.img

Can this be flashed with fastboot?

Edit: Just flashed with adb made easy,and its looking good :D

Anyone having problems flashing,you need to rename the downloaded recovery to recovery.img

Ah man that is awesome,just done a backup and that android man looks sick :D

Only problem is that the recovery is in the slow backup mode that shows you whats being backed up :( so backup is extremely slow!

Just checked and rom manager allows you to switch to fast mode with this recovery.

Edited by Guest

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Flashed - Boot to recovery fine - keys don't seem to work, unable to navigate menus - am i doing something wrong here

Same result for me.

Excited to get the latest version, but none key is working in CWM recovery. Tried to boot into CWM twice but no luck.

Guest philmein

the keys work fine once you install cwm do not go back into recovery let your rom cm7/atomic ect boot fully then when you go back into recovery cwm will work finesmile.gif

Guest Indiant

Thx, for me it is working OK. It is possibe to mod like MoDaCo version, to have only 1-1 yes and no? Remove all the extra "No's" from the confirmation screens.

Package to update from CMW:

Mediafire link

Edited by Indiant

I flashed it via Terminal emulator. Here's a tutorial:

I recommend that you put your recovery image on the root of your SD Card.(You can put it anywhere it really doesn't matter) Okay so for flashing a recovery you would open the terminal emulator and type:

su

flash_image recovery /sdcard/xxxx/xxx.img

The x's represent the file directories and the image name so mine would look something like:

su

flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img

It should then say writing to block xxxxxxxxxx. Once that is done it should say that it was successfully completed.

From: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=974590

Works fine! Thanks tilal6991

Guest a.tiger

buttons not working for me , used terminal, cwm and flashed from windoof 7 ..

also direct full boot see , post 8, did not work for me i use atomicrom 4 .

thanks tilal6991

Edited by a.tiger

Guest Wacky.ddw

I have noticed that recovery only freezes when you enter recovery from power + volume down.

If you enter recovery via reboot to recovery option,it works fine?

Yes that is correct, rebooting into clockworkmod via ADB reboot recovery or android = Working keys

power on with "power + volume down" = Not working keys

I found that out yesterday right before it started bootlooping :) But i removed the comment since ive started a new topic.

Thats why im going to stay at 4.0.1.5 till this is fixed, i really dont want to be in the situation again where TPT is the only option. :P But i prepared a SD card with a TPT on it just in case :P

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Yes that is correct, rebooting into clockworkmod via ADB reboot recovery or android = Working keys

power on with "power + volume down" = Not working keys

I found that out yesterday right before it started bootlooping :) But i removed the comment since ive started a new topic.

Thats why im going to stay at 4.0.1.5 till this is fixed, i really dont want to be in the situation again where TPT is the only option. :P But i prepared a SD card with a TPT on it just in case :P

I had a similar problem today.I pulled the battery during a restore as it was wrong backup,tried to go into recovery,power + volume,no working recovery and no tpt on sd.

luckily I have a card reader :lol:

Guest Wacky.ddw

I had a similar problem today.I pulled the battery during a restore as it was wrong backup,tried to go into recovery,power + volume,no working recovery and no tpt on sd.

luckily I have a card reader :lol:

Lucky you! i had to drive an hour on my bicycle to my mom's place :D When i was ready to leave i allready had my ears in when i realised that i had nothing to play music with :P

Then when i finally arived my brother was whining: No find someone else i dont wat you using my phone you are going to break it :P You see now why rooting is bad bla bla...

Anyway thank god we have TPT's or bye bye phone and waranty :P

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Is there any big improvement in clockworkmod 5 over clockworkmod 4.0.1.5? Except it really looks nice.

If I remember right tilal said there where bug fixes.

If so then it would have an advantage over previous versions,being that it is more stable.