ClockworkMod v5 for the ZTE Skate

Guest tilal6991

Guest CrypticX

I've found a possible work-around for the button problem...

On my medion (ZTE Skate) device I've installed Atomic. Had some minor issues, and it gets recommended to wipe dalvik-cache.

So, I did that, and after this my device won't boot anymore. Tried everything, but keeps hanging on the android logo.

Bummer that I flashed this clockwordMod, so I coudn't select any option to reset or flash new rom... :-(

So trying every key combination for a hard reset, and suddenly I ended up in Clockwork with the hardbuttons to work!!

I did a new wipe of the dalvik-cache, and now my device is back alive... Pfieuw...

I've tried a couple of times, and it seems to keep working, so I thought I will share it here!

Hold down "home" + "volume-up" and press the power button. Keep it pressed until clockwork loads...

(And it didn't do a factory reset either! Everything is still there when I boot Atomic)

Guest razzmataz1478

I've found a possible work-around for the button problem...

On my medion (ZTE Skate) device I've installed Atomic. Had some minor issues, and it gets recommended to wipe dalvik-cache.

So, I did that, and after this my device won't boot anymore. Tried everything, but keeps hanging on the android logo.

Bummer that I flashed this clockwordMod, so I coudn't select any option to reset or flash new rom... :-(

So trying every key combination for a hard reset, and suddenly I ended up in Clockwork with the hardbuttons to work!!

I did a new wipe of the dalvik-cache, and now my device is back alive... Pfieuw...

I've tried a couple of times, and it seems to keep working, so I thought I will share it here!

Hold down "home" + "volume-up" and press the power button. Keep it pressed until clockwork loads...

(And it didn't do a factory reset either! Everything is still there when I boot Atomic)

Isn't that key combination how you tpt?

Guest plegdroid

Found the fix for buttons not working. To get into recovery use power menu and volume up rather than volume down to get into recovery.

you are the man, after 20 minutes in terminal em flashed it, but no keys. :) will flash back to 5.

Tilal,is that a type error there,"menu" ?

Just that earlier you said power+home+volume up,which I tried and works.

But that same combination switching home foe menu will result in tpt.

Guest tilal6991

Yep sorry. That's what I meant. :P

Guest plegdroid

ahhhh! thank you. :)

Guest plegdroid

got it to work with keys, tried a few times to be sure.. at least now playing in the same playground( metaphorically) should help with the cm9 build testing if we're all using the same kit, thanks guys :)

Guest droidbittin

Thx, for me it is working OK. It is possibe to mod like MoDaCo version, to have only 1-1 yes and no? Remove all the extra "No's" from the confirmation screens.

Package to update from CMW:

Mediafire link

Works awesome on my Skate just did the regular CWM backup and all seem to work :)

Guest Wacky.ddw

How to install this ? Do i need to reinstall the ROM i use ?

You can download the package from my tutorial and replace the clockworkmod.img in that package with this one if you give it the same name. Or copy it to your phone and follow the steps on the first page.

Guest plegdroid

It takes ages to restore a backup !! Any setting to make it fast ?

I've not tried it, but someone has previously mentioned that there is an option in rom manager to change that to a quick setting

:)