Change behavior of Camera Button

Guest andryandrew

Guest andryandrew

I installed MIUI camera app (extracted from CM7 .zip) on my t&l ROM.

How can I change the default app that is opened when I press the camera button?

Thanks in advance,

Andryandrew.

Guest Z-buffer

You have two variants:

1) You can delete your default app, and as you have only MIUI Camera - this application will be launched if you push camera button.

2) You can install "Autostarts"(with root), find in its list of apps default camera (you need to sort list by application) and then switch off "camera button on"(maybe it has other name, I don't know because I have russian version of this program but I think you catch my thought ;)). After this only MIUI camera will be working if you push camera button.

Edited by Z-buffer

Hi there! I have tried autostarts but disabling standard camera will not let camerazoom autostart when pushing camera button. I am on t&L ROM.

Sent from my Liquid MT using Tapatalk

Guest andryandrew

I have the paid version, this can be the problem... But you can always push the application via adb if you want it back (but I think it's quite unlikely, the default camera app isn't very good)

Guest akasma74

You have two variants:

1) You can delete your default app, and as you have only MIUI Camera - this application will be launched if you push camera button.

2) You can install "Autostarts"(with root), find in its list of apps default camera (you need to sort list by application) and then switch off "camera button on"(maybe it has other name, I don't know because I have russian version of this program but I think you catch my thought ;)). After this only MIUI camera will be working if you push camera button.

Does the second option work if I have t&l ROM and would like to activate another camera app instead of standard one?

Does the second option work if I have t&l ROM and would like to activate another camera app instead of standard one?

Apparently t&l Metal give you root rights. (Superuser) SO it definitely must work.

Guest akasma74

Apparently t&l Metal give you root rights. (Superuser) SO it definitely must work.

Yes it does, but I can only disable default Camera application using Autostarts.

So far I haven't found an option in Autostart to configure another application to run when Focus button is pressed - do you know how to do that?